Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 08:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Be your own gang. Really though, a bigger gang is gonna show up and make demands no matter where you land.
But the question for you is: understanding this paradigm do I support the force initiator or the victim?

That's the question we all must answer.

One of the other anarchists on here, T0103E, has a great way in conveying this point by explaining that government only appears as legitimate as the belief in it. Read that again. I say "appears" because it isn't legitimate but the appearance is what gives it power. If enough people don't recognize it then it goes away.

You can weaken all those who violate natural rights, whether that be an individual acting on behalf of a State or individual acting on his own accord, by refusing to legitimize their actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 09:05 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And the location of this place where you or your goons will not rape, cage or kill me is?
Great response and complete non answer you give here.

I already stated such a place does not exist.

Which makes it really darn convenient for such a radical anarchist such as yourself to pound away at a keyboard railing to others about sovereignty and how no govt is ever legitimate, even while choosing to continue dwelling in the state with the most bi polar government subsidized mother govt nanny state nonsense coupled with coercive over regulated thuggery.

Congratulations.

Grand Master hypocrite level has been attained.

Did you replace your worn out keyboard with a stimulus check, you crazy purist radical you?

Lol

Old 05-02-2020, 09:07 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
If you vote, you can't complain.

If you agree to the paradigm in which an involuntary third party has the right to infringe on your natural rights there isn't any remedy when the ball bounces against you.

Why didn't these protesters take it to the streets immediately?

Why aren't they in the streets over min. wage laws, "workplace safety regulations", and labor age laws for example?

It's because they are just disagreeing with how they're being ruled over and not the fact itself that they are being ruled over.

As an anarchist I get told all the time to move to Somalia. Well, following that flawed logic why don't the protesters in Michigan and Ohio (blue governor, red governor) move to a state that has palatable infringements on the docket?

Hypocrites.
So Intellectual Property laws are voluntary?

I guess that would amount to the same level of regulation.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:15 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

On the premise of life without any sort of tribute to Leviathan - live on boat, 12 miles out to sea, buy all goods/services from the black market, earn money off grid, use crypto currency. That's about as close as you can get to actually being off all radars. Beyond the oceans, there isn't anywhere on this planet you can actually avoid government intrusion if they come looking to intrude.
But how can one rail on for years about the evilz of any govt, with crappy satellite internet connections 12 miles out to sea?

And how does that work when the welfare check comes to a mail box in Santa Monica?

Old 05-02-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Great response and complete non answer you give here.

I already stated such a place does not exist.

Which makes it really darn convenient for such a radical anarchist such as yourself to pound away at a keyboard railing to others about sovereignty and how no govt is ever legitimate, even while choosing to continue dwelling in the state with the most bi polar government subsidized mother govt nanny state nonsense coupled with coercive over regulated thuggery.

Congratulations.

Grand Master hypocrite level has been attained.

Did you replace your worn out keyboard with a stimulus check, you crazy purist radical you?

Lol
So no place exists where you and your goons won't violate me if deemed necessary.

Congrats on the admission illustrating honesty and sociopathy all at once.

Maybe the long road to recovery can now begin. Good luck!

Old 05-02-2020, 12:41 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
The government doesn't own land. It doesn't exist. It has no rights. Only individuals have rights. This is quite disappointing hearing you promote such drivel.

Homeless people are criminals under government statutes. Whether enforced or not is another question. The government claims it has the right to fine/cage/kill those folks as it sees fit. Some masters are just kinder than others I suppose.

Filing a tax return doesn't equate to proper consent. We've been over this. All interactions with the State are non-consensual because at least one party (that would be the government) is operating under the paradigm of having the right to initiate force against you.

Taken to its logical conclusion, and where this other indoctrinated poster snebarkim comes in, all human life is forever beholden to the mythical State because you or your ancestors once used a government "service" to some degree.

Think I'm exaggerating? I once had a poster in here go as far as claiming one of the "benefits of society" was breathing relatively clean air with the point being government regulation made it so.

So by that logic there is no way to ever be fully free from claims of servitude to the State because hell I was born in a hospital and my parents drove on a public road to get there.
I've been watching The Last Kingdom. I'm not sure how historically accurate it is, but it is about all the Kingdoms being united into one, that creates England. (i love shows like that one as well as King Author ones)

When in the history of man both, ancient or modern, did some form of (power) government not exist, where as, its right to exist was given to it by the people?

The Bible is 3000 year old history, in it a story of Christ, being angered at the government for collecting taxes in the Church ... the money changers have been around forever; and people have never listened, ever. If they didn't listen then, they most definitely won't listen now.

It has even grown now, for the u.s., at least, that the people believe they can use the power of the government to hold dictatorship over their neighbor. They not only consented to it, but they are enjoying the crap out of it.

And you want them to give up that perceived power, by telling them they do not hold all the cards in this game? They are not going to buy what you are selling, because they believe otherwise ... even when the bombs fall out of the skies, they will continue to believe their government, will sort it all out for them --- history has shown, even as kingdoms have fallen, people will stand behind their king, always, and they believe he will provide for them, a way of life. People telling them otherwise, will not make a bit of difference in this world.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-02-2020 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: verb tense

Old 05-02-2020, 02:10 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I've been watching The Last Kingdom. I'm not sure how historically accurate it is, but it is about all the Kingdoms being united into one, that creates England. (i love shows like that one as well as King Author ones)

When in the history of man both, ancient or modern, did some form of (power) government not exist, where as, its right to exist was given to it by the people?

The Bible is 3000 year old history, in it a story of Christ, being angered at the government for collecting taxes in the Church ... the money changers have been around forever; and people have never listened, ever. If they didn't listen then, they most definitely won't listen now.

It has even grown now, for the u.s., at least, that the people believe they can use the power of the government to hold dictatorship over their neighbor. They not only consented to it, but they are enjoying the crap out of it.

And you want them to give up that perceived power, by telling them they do not hold all the cards in this game? They are not going to buy what you are selling, because they believe otherwise ... even when the bombs fall out of the skies, they will continue to believe their government, will sort it all out for them --- history has shown, even as kingdoms have fallen, people will stand behind their king, always, and they believe he will provide for them, a way of life. People telling them otherwise, will not make a bit of difference in this world.
Ever since there were land owners like No_Recess imagines a stateless society.

A legal writ is required for property management, which is why collective states formed after the neolithic revolution.

Nomadic 'nations' and tribes didn't have central governments because they did not have standard property laws, and distribution of goods was handled along the lines of usage.

Agriculture was the first advancement which promoted large settlements with legal code.

edit: Also, great show

Last edited by Winterfall8324; 05-02-2020 at 03:03 PM..

Old 05-02-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

I disagree that people are hopeless statists.

I was a statist. Frank, T0103E, Volobjectarian, and probably even Gungnir were statists at one point.

The fascinating part in regards to us anarchists is that not only were we once statists many of us were very involved statists...either working in government (I did) or belonging to the military (I know Volobjectarian was in the Navy if I'm not mistaken).

All it takes for government to no longer exist is that enough people say it doesn't exist. Remember, it's a social construct with no moral or logical basis in the natural world. It's the equivalent of Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

I'd like for people to not be statists. I try the best way to get them not to be. Perhaps I'm lousy at that but there's no immorality in that character trait. I simply suck at something. I'm not violating rights.

As for this question:

Quote:
I ask you to watch an 8-minute video explaining how rights, consent, and non-aggression function in human interaction. Let me know if this leads you to answer your own question. I'm eager to see your response. Pictures included!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muHg86Mys7I

Old 05-02-2020, 03:10 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
But how can one rail on for years about the evilz of any govt, with crappy satellite internet connections 12 miles out to sea?

And how does that work when the welfare check comes to a mail box in Santa Monica?
With some forethought and prep, you can get quality high speed internet anywhere on earth. Google "sv delos" for more on that.

Won't even justify the welfare check comment with a response. Childish trolling attempt.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
With some forethought and prep, you can get quality high speed internet anywhere on earth. Google "sv delos" for more on that.

Won't even justify the welfare check comment with a response. Childish trolling attempt.
Maybe I'm a corporation and get preferential treatment in public utilities to foster a profitable business.

That's not welfare to Team Red Marxists like that poster. It's magically called "public-private cooperation in the name of capitalism".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies