Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I will allow myself to be vaccinated for the coronavirus if a vaccine is ever developed.
Yes 51 64.56%
No 28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 07:57 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Anti-vax thinking has really taken over this country.
The herd is about to be thinned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 08:19 AM

3,331 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Mandatory testing on New Yorkers first. If they can make it there, they can make it anywhere.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:29 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Anti-vax thinking has really taken over this country.
No, far from it. It's a tiny but vocal minority.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:59 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
She wants people who don't want to get vaccines to be removed from society. Everyone who reads her posts is aware.

They are already putting an "army" in place on the "front lines" to identify and track those with COVID and their friends and family.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...enefits-2020-4

I find this interesting: "Those who have been in contact with an infected person are informed by the contact tracer, though they aren't informed of who contracted the disease, according to the CDC."

I can't figure out who is giving away all this HIPAA information though. How do these contract tracers have access to people's medical test results?

They also continue to monitor you once you are identified: "The contact tracers will be tasked with calling New Yorkers who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in order to determine who they had been in contact with prior to their diagnosis and provide follow-up instructions to infected people and their contacts related to quarantine, isolation, and symptom monitoring."

I assume this is a prep step for the vaccine tracking initiative. Get people used to being followed, get people used to giving away friends and family names ... get people used to being "accused" of being sick without providing any information about where that information came from ...

Have to set the stage ...
We heard from a friend, whose daughter works there, that a Target employee (Poconos) tested positive. Ok, you can test the coworkers, but HOW can anyone possibly know the names of every Customer who was in that Target, especially BEFORE that worker's positive test? If you were in that Target for the first two weeks in April, and went to cashier #6, yada, yada. ROFL

Edit: Your smart phones are being tracked as well to see if you are complying with stay at home. TURN OFF your phones when you travel from place to place. We are now in a Police State, and Medical Tyranny. If I was 40 or 50 years younger, I might be demonstrating myself.

Last edited by Jo48; 05-02-2020 at 09:12 AM..

Old 05-02-2020, 09:32 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
I don’t know about other tracking devices, but this is a description of the one unveiled in Alberta yesterday: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...irus-1.5552413

Quote:
ABTraceTogether, a mobile app that uses Bluetooth technology to identify other nearby cellphones that also have the app installed.

People with the app on their cellphones who later test positive for coronavirus will be asked to voluntarily upload encrypted data to Alberta Health Services contact tracers. Those tracers would then be able to use that information to track down people who had close contact with the infected person.

"The faster Alberta Health Services contact tracers can inform exposed people, or close contacts, the quicker we will be able to prevent potential outbreaks and identify when Albertans must self-isolate,"
People must choose to download the app. It’s entirely voluntary. The app only tracks when in Bluetooth distance of someone else with a cellphone who also has downloaded the app.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:58 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinta loca View Post
This. We have seen this administration cares more about not angering the president than human lives Some government experts just don’t want to lose their paychecks. Remember sharpiegate? The National hurricane center had to lie to please the president. Dr Birx defending the dIsinfectants comments? Dr Fauci now seems to have join the gang of liars too by promoting a vaccine that under normal circumstances should not be ready by January.

This administration only cares about winning re-election. They don’t care if meat Or farm workers die, if people storm into government buildings with ak-47 as long as they are protesting against a democrat. They ignored this virus thinking it would magically go away. They will care very little if the vaccine kills more people than what is supposed to save. If people start dying after he is re-elected it doesn’t make a difference.
Bolded is a great example of the President pushing his BS agenda by way of his position. That's what worries me about any potential vaccine if he is muddling with the process.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:38 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
This. We have seen this administration cares more about not angering the president than human lives Some government experts just don’t want to lose their paychecks. Remember sharpiegate? The National hurricane center had to lie to please the president. Dr Birx defending the dIsinfectants comments? Dr Fauci now seems to have join the gang of liars too by promoting a vaccine that under normal circumstances should not be ready by January.

This administration only cares about winning re-election. They don’t care if meat Or farm workers die, if people storm into government buildings with ak-47 as long as they are protesting against a democrat. They ignored this virus thinking it would magically go away. They will care very little if the vaccine kills more people than what is supposed to save. If people start dying after he is re-elected it doesn’t make a difference. Collateral damage for a good cause.
No administration cares about you.

Once people learn that, they can begin learning to see what is true.

Old 05-02-2020, 01:59 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
300 Million Doses (???) sounds like they intend to vaccinate the entire population of the country. Knock on doors? We are here to vaccinate you!

Age wise I am in that high risk group. No, thank you. I will not give my permission for some medical professional to stick a swab up my nose, or even take my temperature.

Edit: Since this is a Politics site, Suzy Q, state your views on what the "consequences" should be for ADULTS who refuse vaccination for themselves. It goes way beyond just fines.
The ultimate "consequence" for adults who do not vaccinate could be death from COVID-19. No one will test you if you do not wish to be tested. Just do not go to a doctor if you get sick.

Quote:
Glad people are noticing the full court press on the vaccine.

Although it really is hard to miss.

They are trying to brainwash the country into accepting a mandatory, forced vaccination.

When you are watching news coverage of COVID-19, how many times is the vaccine NOT mentioned?

For instance, if the MSM are dong a story on economics, do they mention the vaccine?
If the MSM are doing a story on restaurants reopening, do they mention the vaccine?
If the MSM are doing a story on schools reopening, do they mention a vaccine?
If the MSM are doing a story on student loans, do they mention a vaccine?
If the MSM are doing a story on food distribution issues, do they mention a vaccine?
If the MSM are dong a story on employees who work from home, do they mention a vaccine?

YES YES YES YES YES YES ...

You
Are
Being
Brain
Washed

Wake up
No one will be forced to vaccinate. Others will accept any risk of the vaccine. Once herd immunity is established you can leech off of it the way you do other vaccine preventable diseases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
If there's one thing that will make me be wary of the vaccine is the so-called "full court press" by the current administration. It has nothing specifically to do with who is in the Oval Office. It has to do with how the vaccine is political now. The President stands to win from pushing out any vaccine that claims to work before November 2020. Even if it is a placebo.

We've seen time and time again that the President will push his own BS agenda and his lackeys repeat it over and over again over their White House loudspeaker to the rest of the country until enough people believe it is true.

If the White House took a hands-off approach to the testing of the vaccine - meaning let the adults do the work. Let the FDA operate without any interference from the President. Let whatever policies just play out like they would for any other vaccine without pressure - then I'd be good with that.

But if he does his usual nonsense of going on Twitter and/or on his task force press briefing and saying "The Head of the FDA better approve this thing!" or "Such-and-such pharmaceuticals should just skip phase 1 of clinical trials already!" - then I'm not interested and neither should the rest of the country or the world.
In other words, no matter what the merits of the vaccine your criterion for using it is whether the president approves of it or not?

No, he will not be involved in designing clinical trials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Since the virus keeps on mutating does that mean we would need a vaccine for each strain. Will children already on a excessive vaccine schedule have to get them.

https://www.ibtimes.com/coronavirus-...eveals-2962820

Other than vaccine shouldn't the focus be on one's health and/or immune system. The fact that those with underlying conditions or lack of good health be an indicator of what to emphasize. I mean what if the covids run up to 100 does that mean another 81 vaccines?

I'd rather see focus on treatment so we can go to the store for something like niquil and be done with it in a few days.
There will never be an OTC medication to treat this virus.

At this point the mutations found have not been for proteins that are the most likely targets for vaccines. There is no reason to presume it will behave like influenza. It is not "a flu."

Quote:
She wants people who don't want to get vaccines to be removed from society. Everyone who reads her posts is aware.

They are already putting an "army" in place on the "front lines" to identify and track those with COVID and their friends and family.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...enefits-2020-4

I find this interesting: "Those who have been in contact with an infected person are informed by the contact tracer, though they aren't informed of who contracted the disease, according to the CDC."

I can't figure out who is giving away all this HIPAA information though. How do these contract tracers have access to people's medical test results?

They also continue to monitor you once you are identified: "The contact tracers will be tasked with calling New Yorkers who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in order to determine who they had been in contact with prior to their diagnosis and provide follow-up instructions to infected people and their contacts related to quarantine, isolation, and symptom monitoring."

I assume this is a prep step for the vaccine tracking initiative. Get people used to being followed, get people used to giving away friends and family names ... get people used to being "accused" of being sick without providing any information about where that information came from ...

Have to set the stage ...
"She" has never said any such thing and you know it.

If the identity of the infected person is not revealed, then no one is "giving away all this HIPAA information". Positive tests are being reported to health departments. Where do you think all the data on the number of tests done has been coming from?

Do you not think people who have been exposed might just possibly want to know about it so they can monitor for symptoms and get medical care if they get sick? Should they not stay at home, just mingle with the general population and possibly infect others if they are not sick?

You clearly are so terrified there might be a vaccine for this disease that principles of basic epidemiology escape you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The herd is about to be thinned.
Hopefully when there is a vaccine most people will take it, strengthening the herd. The anti-vaxers will just hide in it the way they always do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
We heard from a friend, whose daughter works there, that a Target employee (Poconos) tested positive. Ok, you can test the coworkers, but HOW can anyone possibly know the names of every Customer who was in that Target, especially BEFORE that worker's positive test? If you were in that Target for the first two weeks in April, and went to cashier #6, yada, yada. ROFL

Edit: Your smart phones are being tracked as well to see if you are complying with stay at home. TURN OFF your phones when you travel from place to place. We are now in a Police State, and Medical Tyranny. If I was 40 or 50 years younger, I might be demonstrating myself.
Glad to see you think COVID-1 is something to laugh about.

No one is monitoring your cell phone to see if you are staying home.

Most rational people would want to know if they have possibly been exposed to this disease.

Old 05-02-2020, 02:03 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
They will care very little if the vaccine kills more people than what is supposed to save.
Such a vaccine will not be approved. Why would you assume that it would be?

Old 05-02-2020, 02:20 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Pretty much my thinking, too. We'll have to see if the virus mutates to the point where scientists are guessing at which strain will be most prevalent for any given year. We'll have to see whether it's a vaccine you'll have to take yearly. We'll have to see what kind of side effects are listed (though it's hard to have a lot of confidence after having a nephew who was part of trials years ago and seeing how side effects are actually reported).

So... I didn't select 'no' in the poll, but I won't be the first in line even if a vaccine does come out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Since the virus keeps on mutating does that mean we would need a vaccine for each strain. Will children already on a excessive vaccine schedule have to get them.

https://www.ibtimes.com/coronavirus-...eveals-2962820

Other than vaccine shouldn't the focus be on one's health and/or immune system. The fact that those with underlying conditions or lack of good health be an indicator of what to emphasize. I mean what if the covids run up to 100 does that mean another 81 vaccines?

I'd rather see focus on treatment so we can go to the store for something like niquil and be done with it in a few days.
There are already a number of strains and there will likely be at least several more before any vaccine is fully tested, approved and ready to go. So, what then?

This is already starting to sound a lot like the flu vaccines, except that scientists actually have developed successful flu vaccines for certain specific strains of influenza. Despite numerous efforts to develop vaccines for past coronavirus strains, that they have never successfully been able to do. But IF they do, will it actually provide protection against the current strains that are in circulation? Does ANY "expert" associated with this exercise have confidence that it will?

If not, then it is going to be up to our immune systems to develop and provide immunity. And that seems to me the most likely outcome here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies