Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I will allow myself to be vaccinated for the coronavirus if a vaccine is ever developed.
Yes 51 64.56%
No 28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 04:21 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,461,182 times

Advertisements

The New York Times is pushing what looks a lot like a government run, mandatory vaccine agenda with regards to the Wuhan Virus.

Quote:
Find a vaccine. Next, produce 300 million vials of it.

Here in the United States, more than 300 million people may need to be inoculated. That means at least as many vials and syringes — or double that amount, if two shots are required. To meet that demand, companies will have to ramp up manufacturing; products that doctors give little thought to now could easily become obstacles to vaccine delivery in the future.

The White House is also developing a plan, called Operation Warp Speed, to accelerate vaccine production and try to get manufacturing capacity set up in advance of a vaccine approval. But some experts say that it is unclear whether the plan will apply to vaccine delivery devices like syringes and details are still scarce about which federal agency would be responsible.
A couple of things.

It is great that the government is working to help develop a vaccine for those who want to take that, as that is what the CDC and the NHS are here for. But just if they ever do develop a vaccine (no coronavirus vaccine has ever been successfully developed because it is too complicated and there are too many complications that are produced by these prospective vaccines), it does not follow that the Federal government should physically produce or distribute it.

Also, they are not going to legally mandate the thing at the federal level. Perhaps some states or the school districts would pass laws or requirements that students attending public schools would have to get vaccinated in order to attend. But for the larger public, it will have to be voluntary.

I for one do not trust these people with something like this and I am not interested in taking any vaccine for the coronavirus. I will take my chances. What about you?

That is if they ever develop any such vaccine, which is probably more unlikely than likely, based on the 100% failure rate to produce vaccines for past coronaviruses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 04:23 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,363,929 times
If it's like the flu vaccine, i.e. really a shot in the dark in terms of effectiveness, then I'll pass.

If it's like more traditional vaccines like measles etc that confer lifetime or long term immunity with a single dose, then yeah I'll get it. We obviously don't know if this will be possible yet.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:24 PM

18,650 posts, read 7,495,930 times
Where's the choice for "Hell Yes" ?

Old 05-01-2020, 04:31 PM

15,677 posts, read 6,386,515 times
Before taking the vaccine, I'll need to know about known side effects. If it's more risky than COVID-19, I'll hold off.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:34 PM

16,313 posts, read 8,404,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
If it's like the flu vaccine, i.e. really a shot in the dark in terms of effectiveness, then I'll pass.

If it's like more traditional vaccines like measles etc that confer lifetime or long term immunity with a single dose, then yeah I'll get it. We obviously don't know if this will be possible yet.
A reasoned and rational approach.

I have never gotten a flu shot, probably never will.
However most standard vaccinations I have taken, as has my family.

That said, I would not take a new untested vaccine until it was established to be safe after a few years with others taking it first.

Also, if it were "mandatory" I'd even be more skeptical, and less likely to take it.

`

Old 05-01-2020, 04:36 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,491,819 times
No way, no digital certificates will be injected into me

Old 05-01-2020, 04:39 PM

45,040 posts, read 26,201,042 times
"Warp speed" in govt land one of its years is equal to seven of ours. Dog owners should also be familiar with this concept.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:49 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,127,426 times
It's not that I'm opposed to getting vaccinated. More like, I don't care enough to bother.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:03 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,122,773 times
I will get vaccinated and I'll sign up for 5G service too. I'll do it for myself and it'll be my personal protest against the anti-science anti-vaxxer idiots.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:06 PM

45,040 posts, read 26,201,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I will get vaccinated and I'll sign up for 5G service too. I'll do it for myself and it'll be my personal protest against the anti-science anti-vaxxer idiots.
Can we have an address to send flowers and a note of condolence to any next of kin?

Fun with extremes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies