Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 09:24 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I live in California, and not a single person I've talked to supports a continued shutdown. Co-workers or friends, they all think it's time for this to be over. Seems like the majority in favor are democrat politicians, fake-news talking heads, and the twitter echo chamber.
I live in Calif too and I agree with you. I went out today and almost no one was physical distancing and few masked people than unmasked.

I get the sense these people want two things: their jobs back and their rights back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I agree. There ARE people who want everything shut down indefinitely, but I have talked to very few. Certainly not 89% of the population or whatever the supposed percentage is.
Yes, liberal snowflakes.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:26 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Good to hear, it seems as if even some in California remembered that they are, in fact, Americans.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:27 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Communist dictator Newsom is drunk with power and he will keep this going as long as possible.
This has been a dream for nearly all politicians regardless of party across the nation. They love to bully and this pandemic has been a prime source for material.

The interesting part with Newsom is that he seems to be tightening even more after initially showing signs of relaxing.

He must have been going through megalomaniac withdrawals and had to send down some more draconian edicts to get his homeostasis back.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
It's a thing of beauty!!!!!

Thousands of good-hearted California Americans have had it with our make-believe, tyrannical governor, Newsome. They're done!

They took to the streets today, and some were arrested (and yet drug-addicted transients who won't "social distance" aren't being arrested by Newsome's posse).

Some of the protestors made BIG signs that depicted Newsome as Hitler by putting a small mustache on a picture of his face, and I think it read, Hitler Newsome." Waaaay awesome! He looked just like Hitler. Brilliant!

They even commissioned a place to fly over the State Capital that had a banner attached to the back of it. I forget what the banner said, but that was brilliant too!

Newsome also has ordered the beaches in Orange County to be closed this weekend to "spank" the people who went to the beach last weekend, when it was open. Multiple overhead photos from a helicopter show many, many people "social distanced" themselves on the beaches. But, loser Newsome is doing anything he can to control all of us. Such a loser.

There are now three counties in California, all three are RED (that's right Conservatives), that have announced they're lifting the "shutdown" on Monday and allowing many people to actually go back to work, a concept lost on Newsome. Those counties had sent letters to Newsome asking him to let them open their counties, and Newsome said, No!" So, the counties are going to open up anyway. Beautiful!!!!!

I'm sooooo proud of these California Americans. I love America!

They are DONE!

I heard that the banner they flew from the plane said "Dump Gruesome Newsom".

Old 05-01-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Communist dictator Newsom is drunk with power and he will keep this going as long as possible.
Bingo!

Notice how when he's challenged about the shutdown, the number of deaths "related" to Covid increase? Fake numbers and fake news.

Newsome wants all Californians to become and be dependent on him and government so he can stay in power. It's right out of the liberal playbook. And, snowflakes follow blindly, like lemmings.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:32 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Yes, some of the trashiest parts of the state and the country - all Red counties! Woohoo, 'Merica!
I didn't realize that Huntington Beach was in a "red county":

https://twitter.com/Mary68207265/sta...25915899916290

I didn't realize that San Diego was in a "red county":

https://twitter.com/markhowarth0007/...49078109032448

I know for a FACT that Ventura is not in a "red county" since I just moved from there - it's definitely blue:

https://twitter.com/shechter_david/s...91460594671616

More from Orange County:

https://twitter.com/mrreino17/status...62000822595585

San Francisco, everyone knows how "red" that place is:

https://twitter.com/Caleidoscope11/s...31063640485889

Los Angeles, so, so "red":

https://twitter.com/TheLALiving/stat...58996409151488

Do you want more, or was that spanking enough?

Old 05-01-2020, 09:41 PM

6,339 posts, read 2,889,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
I live in Calif too and I agree with you. I went out today and almost no one was physical distancing and few masked people than unmasked.

I get the sense these people want two things: their jobs back and their rights back.
It's not just CA. A guy in Maine defied the shutdown and opened his restaurant. Hundreds of people showed up and the government took away is liquor and health licenses.
https://bangordailynews.com/video/ri...quor-licenses/

It's scary how much power governors suddenly have. If people want to take risks they should be allowed to. If you are healthy and go to a restaurant then get COVID you have a 0.003% chance of dying.

Quote:
The death rate among those who were sickened by the disease was roughly 0.03% for people in their 20s; 0.08% for people in their 30s; 0.16% for people in their 40s; 0.6% for people in their 50s; 1.9% for people in their 60s
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/risk-s...ry?id=69914642

But that's only people who were sickened. Most people have no symptoms or such mild symptoms that they don't get tested. 50 times more people have it than have been diagnosed according to several studies. That means you can divide all those numbers by 50 to get 0.0006% for people in their 20s; 0.0016% for people in their 30s; 0.0032% for people in their 40s; 0.012% for people in their 50s; 0.03% for people in their 60s. For THAT we are shutting down everything and violating people's civil rights.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:45 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
It's not just CA. A guy in Maine defied the shutdown and opened his restaurant. Hundreds of people showed up and the government took away is liquor and health licenses.
https://bangordailynews.com/video/ri...quor-licenses/
They'll probably make that owner wear a yellow star on his sleeve next.

Though he shouldn't have needed those licenses to operate anyway.

This country is doomed.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I heard that the banner they flew from the plane said "Dump Gruesome Newsom".
Great, ain't it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies