Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 07:37 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times

Advertisements

It's a thing of beauty!!!!!

Thousands of good-hearted California Americans have had it with our make-believe, tyrannical governor, Newsome. They're done!

They took to the streets today, and some were arrested (and yet drug-addicted transients who won't "social distance" aren't being arrested by Newsome's posse).

Some of the protestors made BIG signs that depicted Newsome as Hitler by putting a small mustache on a picture of his face, and I think it read, Hitler Newsome." Waaaay awesome! He looked just like Hitler. Brilliant!

They even commissioned a place to fly over the State Capital that had a banner attached to the back of it. I forget what the banner said, but that was brilliant too!

Newsome also has ordered the beaches in Orange County to be closed this weekend to "spank" the people who went to the beach last weekend, when it was open. Multiple overhead photos from a helicopter show many, many people "social distanced" themselves on the beaches. But, loser Newsome is doing anything he can to control all of us. Such a loser.

There are now three counties in California, all three are RED (that's right Conservatives), that have announced they're lifting the "shutdown" on Monday and allowing many people to actually go back to work, a concept lost on Newsome. Those counties had sent letters to Newsome asking him to let them open their counties, and Newsome said, No!" So, the counties are going to open up anyway. Beautiful!!!!!

I'm sooooo proud of these California Americans. I love America!

They are DONE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 07:39 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
It's a thing of beauty!!!!!

Thousands of good-hearted California Americans have had it with our make-believe, tyrannical governor, Newsome. They're done!

They took to the streets today, and some were arrested (and yet drug-addicted transients who won't "social distance" aren't being arrested by Newsome's posse).

Some of the protestors made BIG signs that depicted Newsome as Hitler by putting a small mustache on a picture of his face, and I think it read, Hitler Newsome." Waaaay awesome! He looked just like Hitler. Brilliant!

They even commissioned a place to fly over the State Capital that had a banner attached to the back of it. I forget what the banner said, but that was brilliant too!

Newsome also has ordered the beaches in Orange County to be closed this weekend to "spank" the people who went to the beach last weekend, when it was open. Multiple overhead photos from a helicopter show many, many people "social distanced" themselves on the beaches. But, loser Newsome is doing anything he can to control all of us. Such a loser.

There are now three counties in California, all three are RED (that's right Conservatives), that have announced they're lifting the "shutdown" on Monday and allowing many people to actually go back to work, a concept lost on Newsome. Those counties had sent letters to Newsome asking him to let them open their counties, and Newsome said, No!" So, the counties are going to open up anyway. Beautiful!!!!!

I'm sooooo proud of these California Americans. I love America!

They are DONE!
Yes, some of the trashiest parts of the state and the country - all Red counties! Woohoo, 'Merica!

Old 05-01-2020, 07:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
A few weeks from now, some of them will be in a horizontal position, in a refrigerated truck.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
They needed to protest the shutdown from the beginning. And they needed to do it wisely as in not "asking" for the State to allow them to exercise their natural rights.

"Protracted" means they believe the State had the right in the first place to do what it did. It did not. It has no rights. Only individuals have rights.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:42 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They needed to protest the shutdown from the beginning. And they needed to do it wisely as in not "asking" for the State to allow them to exercise their natural rights.

"Protracted" means they believe the State had the right in the first place to do what it did. It did not. It has no rights. Only individuals have rights.
Good point.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:50 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,508 times
I live in California, and not a single person I've talked to supports a continued shutdown. Co-workers or friends, they all think it's time for this to be over. Seems like the majority in favor are democrat politicians, fake-news talking heads, and the twitter echo chamber.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:55 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I live in California, and not a single person I've talked to supports a continued shutdown. Co-workers or friends, they all think it's time for this to be over. Seems like the majority in favor are democrat politicians, fake-news talking heads, and the twitter echo chamber.
I agree. There ARE people who want everything shut down indefinitely, but I have talked to very few. Certainly not 89% of the population or whatever the supposed percentage is.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:02 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Oh yeah, there were literally dozens in front of our city hall.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:04 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Satire is dead.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:08 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,426,948 times
Communist dictator Newsom is drunk with power and he will keep this going as long as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies