Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 10:18 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Explain to me how someone will eat and drink with a mask on?
explain to me how all this equates to a police state you so claim?

I eat and drink without a mask.. of course its delivery, take out or I cook at home.

Hair cuts.. beard trims... now eating..... I think my 13 year old has figured things out on his own with much less effort. If you have to reach that hard to make a point.. usually it means you don't have one.

Yeh.. its inconvenient.. but there are much more pressing matters to whine about. Didn't realize a mask was all it took to ruffle your feathers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 10:28 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Exactly! Many people are clueless about this virus. Other countries were much more strict about their lock downs and eliminated most of the virus. They have continued to do testing and contact training. They have not declared victory or success when they are in the middle of the battle.
No kidding!

Apparently stay at home is basically jail, following government recommendations is totalitarian, wearing a mask is a police state, and... oh god forbid... a missed visit to the barber shop is basically death itself...

Seems to me that some people have forgotten that being American also means being aware of others around you and have concern for fellow Americans....

https://www.city-data.com/forum/58023249-post212.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
I have a problem with authority but I have an even bigger problem with stupid. Here in Taiwan the coronavirus pandemic is essentially over because 95% of the population voluntarily wore face masks from Day 1, which the government made readily available to everyone for 15 cents each.

As a result we never had a lockdown. Schools, restaurants, businesses have remained open and functioning normally. No mass layoffs. No shortages. The last new case of coronavirus spread in Taiwan was three weeks ago. The only new cases since were returning citizens who were infected elsewhere. The last death was six weeks ago and only 6 people out of a population of 24 million died of the coronavirus.

In times of trouble a little rational behavior goes a long way.
ugh... Taiwan? really.. handled this better than us?

Last edited by usayit; 05-04-2020 at 10:41 PM..

Old 05-05-2020, 12:05 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How can someone cut hair and stay 6ft away from them at the same time?!

I think barber shops and salons will be one of the last places to be permitted to re open, just because the nature of the business includes being very close to strangers, there is no way they can distance themselves, so its logical to just keep them all closed for now.

This is true. I think my job will be the same way thankfully. So if everyone else opens I don't need to worry about mine because it will be the last to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
The latest from the govt is that CV 19 be a problem for 2 years. Are you planning to shelter in place and wear a mask for two years. No school for 2 years. No sports for two years. No travel for two years. How are 30 million people without jobs going to survive without jobs. Can you go with no haircut for two years? You get the idea?

I don't like sports. I don't even remember the last time I got a trim. I am trying to move though but I'm not sure I'll have the money even in two years but that is a long time. The masks are difficult to wear for long periods of time. We will probably run out of tv show episodes by then. I don't think it will be that long..maybe a few more months, a year at the most.
I feel bad for the kids though. I couldn't imagine having to do online school in their primary years..bad enough doing it in college. I mean as much as I'm a computer junkie going to school online is just different and your school years are often the best years of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Or those people who are making their regular salary while comfortably working at home, and telling everyone else to "get used to the new normal."
Maybe their immune system is more susceptible..idk. I only care whether my POS job comes back. If they keep that closed down I'm content. Tho I have to say going to Walmart is pretty nice lately. Lines that used to take like an hour to go through only takes like 5 to 10 minutes now. I will miss that but I'll deal. I come prepared with my electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
No kidding!

Apparently stay at home is basically jail, following government recommendations is totalitarian, wearing a mask is a police state, and... oh god forbid... a missed visit to the barber shop is basically death itself...

Not sure about the mask thing and for some people maybe stay at home is jail because they're in bad situations but the idea that the average American is in jail when they are home is so laughable to me.
But you know extroverts..they always make a deal over nothing. I will never understand them and they will never understand me. It's just like why do you call it home? And are they complaining if they have a house? Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying it regardless but I would be even happier if I was quarantined in a house. Don't they always say home is where the heart is? Don't forget there's no place like home.
The only real downside to staying at home is if you're not getting any money but a lot of these people complain that they're bored or lonely or whatever. You never heard of texting? Or you know this little thing called webcam/Facetime? I could see it maybe if it's been years but it's only been a few months.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:10 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
To me this just proves how spoiled my fellow Americans really are and as I’ve stated before if you want to go out in large groups or go to your mega churches or the beach PLEASE do! Just stay away from me.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:52 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,747,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
To me this just proves how spoiled my fellow Americans really are and as I’ve stated before if you want to go out in large groups or go to your mega churches or the beach PLEASE do! Just stay away from me.
Will you be staying inside until 2023?

Old 05-05-2020, 07:03 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Will you be staying inside until 2023?
I personally not worried about getting my wife on the other has a Compromised immune system.
That aside for the most part you can go anywhere you want to go you can still get your Starbucks coffee so people will think you’ll cool and edgy. You can buy clothes, food, movies, etc.
common sense would dictate that you don’t need to be getting ones nails done or your hair.
But there’s this thing called the internet and you can learn how to do those things yourself.

Imagine that.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:09 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,513 times
Until the curve in the USA dramatically DROPS. Until we no longer have the WORLD'S HIGHEST NUMBER OF DEATHS

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

Old 05-05-2020, 08:39 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Ky has 217 brand new cases today (our highest daily total so far), 2 days after many places re opened, ( I realize it takes 2 weeks to show up), so just imagine what our daily numbers will be in 2 or 3 weeks time?

In his press conference today, our Governor reiterated, "if our numbers continue to rise steadily, I will order non-essential businesses to close again without hesitation".

Old 05-05-2020, 08:46 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh come on. Trump does this every single day. He's always going after someone.
Is that your standard? When any grown person just throws out insults in a discussion it's pathetic.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:47 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
No. You stay away from them. That's what self-quarantine means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies