Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 10:16 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,797,405 times

Advertisements

We are already seeing it across the country. People are getting antsy. There’s protests storming the capitals of different states. I think there’s fatigue all over. I’m already seeing more people having “get togethers” and posting it on social media. More and more people are going to start ignoring the social distancing. Now with the weather getting nice I think we’ll see even more people ignoring. I know people already planning 4th of July BBQ’s.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 10:19 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,696,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
We are already seeing it across the country. People are getting antsy. There’s protests storming the capitals of different states. I think there’s fatigue all over. I’m already seeing more people having “get togethers” and posting it on social media. More and more people are going to start ignoring the social distancing. Now with the weather getting nice I think we’ll see even more people ignoring. I know people already planning 4th of July BBQ’s.

What do you think?

This just reinforces what I have always said about we humans. We are not as smart as we think we are. Just because we have been forced, by a deadly virus, to change our lives, some people can not control themselves enough to accept that and act accordingly.

Let these buffoons go ahead and get infected, just stay away from the rest of us who are smart enough to stay safe, even if it is temporarily inconvenient.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:32 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,113,842 times
How long will people allow unconstitutional demands to not assemble to exercise free speech, & not practice religion?

As long as people are not inconvenienced, but instead pacified with media and government lies.

Based on USC study findings, mortality risk for covid for most is about 0.025%.
Seasonal flu mortality risk is about 0.095%, though some years flu rates have been higher without quarantine. This lock down is unjustified.
https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody...ngeles-county/

2009, was a flu pandemic. Did we shut down societies? Nope.
The reaction to this covid is unwarranted and data on a wide, systematic scale has been found to be inaccurate and deceptive.

Another reason lockdown is unjustified, backed by health-care worker reports throughout the US:
Doctors and nurses from all over the US have come forward to tell about wrong medical practices - like listing covid on death reports when the patient was never tested &/or died from other problems.

https://youtu.be/uGZ-DW5LVCs

https://www.bitchute.com/video/X48ntH3XvyNK/ (was taken off YouTube)

https://youtu.be/a2vEPEXJVts

https://youtu.be/nlkq21bWWSc

”Guidelines recently released by the Centers for Disease Control bolster concerns that the death toll is being rigged to show a higher fatality rate.”
https://amgreatness.com/2020/04/06/a...-overreported/

Some have been censored and I wouldn’t be surprised if this post is censored too.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:34 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,222,569 times
Quote:
How much longer will people put up with the lock downs?
Who knows. There will be permanent measures put in place by the government which is the bigger deal IMO. Never let a good crisis go to waste and all.

People in this world have accepted involuntary collectivism to a much larger degree than even I realized prior to this situation.

It's sad, really.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:36 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,076,346 times
I think the question has become a topic well before you posted it, and your location would matter.

I will say - hard-hit dense cities need to suck it up and keep it under lockdown, because they are the actual ones that would cause a 2nd wave. A 1,000 case/100 death increase in 30 states is a ripple compared to the NYC metro.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:37 PM

45,680 posts, read 23,815,156 times
Lockdown?

Where ?

Where are we locked down?

Not being able to buy grass seed or paint is on lockdown?

Man on man -- if that isn't privilege what is?

Old 05-01-2020, 10:45 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,372,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
We are already seeing it across the country. People are getting antsy. ...
What do you think?
Political theatre. Small groups backed by PACs and various wealthy families, making noise for a political purpose. A false flag.

People aren't buying it, these are plainly wackos.

I hate the social distancing routine as much as anyone but there is no general uprising in the offing, people want to be safe. Let's just get through this and get it over with like mature adults, enough of the theatrics already.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:46 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,696,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Lockdown?

Where ?

I agree. I was able to go out in my car today, drive to my shop, play with my toys a little, and then I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. No one arrested me, and I stayed away from another human as much as possible.

Somehow, I never felt like I was imprisoned at all .

Old 05-01-2020, 10:48 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,222,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Lockdown?

Where ?

Verbiage aside, not being able to buy grass seed or paint is clearly a violation of your rights.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:52 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,430,017 times
As polls show....the vast majority of Americans are okay with the lockdowns. Its the small loud minority thats protesting against it and attempting to agitate.

Thankfully, the silent law abiding majority will outvote the loud and dumb minority that is laughed at and overrepresented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies