Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2020, 09:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Fine, now if only you and all the other anti gun crowd would do the same. Just go back and read all of your posts, not too much hypocrisy on your part?
Excuse me? "Anti-gun"? "Hypocrisy"? I'm most definitely NOT "anti gun".

Stop right there with your strawman erection. I'm most definitely "anti-American self protection to the extent of scorning all others who do not believe the same".

There is a vast difference between being blanket "anti-gun" and being contrary minded to the ownership of same for one purpose only.

This thread, I remind you again, was created for the purpose of piling on Canada for enacting a particular restriction of a particular type of firearm.

There is nothing hypocritical in my stance of defending Canada's enacting a ban on a particular set of firearms. I have no objection to Canadians themselves owning firearms for the purpose of sport-shooting or hunting. Yes, I even support those who would purchase a handgun for competition or simple recreational range use.

I would not support any move by Canada to open up ANY firearm to be purchased for the reasons of self defence.

That "Pandora's Box" I want remained closed in Canada for the foreseeable future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 10:51 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Stop right there with your strawman erection. I'm most definitely "anti-American self protection to the extent of scorning all others who do not believe the same".

There is a vast difference between being blanket "anti-gun" and being contrary minded to the ownership of same for one purpose only.

This thread, I remind you again, was created for the purpose of piling on Canada for enacting a particular restriction of a particular type of firearm.

There is nothing hypocritical in my stance of defending Canada's enacting a ban on a particular set of firearms. I have no objection to Canadians themselves owning firearms for the purpose of sport-shooting or hunting. Yes, I even support those who would purchase a handgun for competition or simple recreational range use.

I would not support any move by Canada to open up ANY firearm to be purchased for the reasons of self defence.

That "Pandora's Box" I want remained closed in Canada for the foreseeable future.
So you are against one protecting themselves, with a legal firearm. Got it.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So you are against one protecting themselves, with a legal firearm. Got it.
In Canada. Get it?

Old 05-07-2020, 11:02 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:

Quote:
"Stop right there with your strawman erection."

"Thinking Canadians aren't interested in condescending phony sympathy from an "unthinking" American.

"Your Trudeau Derangement Syndrome is obviously founded in your jealousy over another leader's obvious ability to form successive cognitive sentences."

"Predictably infantile."

"Is having a cognitive reasoning disorder a default part of your DNA? Or do you actually practice it to acquire perfection at being irrelevant."

"What a load of codswallop! Why would you even try floating that cement block?"

"Unbridled jealousy of a higher functioning democracy is unbecoming of all you supposed rugged individualists."

"Yeah sorta like wearing a red ball cap and shouting fake news."

"Whattsamattah; can't refute the facts provided?"

"Oh really; but the O/P's mantra using Canada as a retarded NRA talking point hasn't?"

"Some of them have some sort of immunity that totally insulates them from rational thought."

"But - you can buy an AR ----- whooohah!"

"Now, all of this is by way of debunking your insulting terms used to describe Canadians as subjects of the Crown, serfs, sheep or whatever."

"You people have a tendency to take some snippet serving your beliefs and turn it into the holy grail."
Your word's not mine. ^^^

It was you who made this statement: "Owning one and carrying one is your right and your choice but it needn't be a reason to scorn those who choose otherwise."

Many of your posts are condescending and chock full of scorn. This has nothing to do with your stance on guns. Again thanks for proving your own hypocrisy.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 05-07-2020 at 11:13 AM..

Old 05-07-2020, 11:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
A few years ago, homes in my neighborhood were being burgled. It was a gang of three doing it. How many rounds would I need for three burglars?
Burglers burgle homes where no one is home in nearly every case. Please secure your weapons so they don`t take them.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:10 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
In Canada. Get it?
What difference does it make where one is ? It's a shame that people would be against it , period. Not choosing to do it themselves, I understand. Wanting to restrict others, shameful. I guess if I grew up in Canada, there might be the possibility that I'd think the same , not sure.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Your word's not mine. ^^^

It was you who made this statement: "Owning one and carrying one is your right and your choice but it needn't be a reason to scorn those who choose otherwise."

Many of your posts are chock full of scorn. This as nothing to do with your stance on guns. Again thanks for proving your own hypocrisy.
What about that statement you quoted is hypocritical?

I've stated many times trying to enact similar legislation or to even think of confiscating firearms in the U.S. is a non-starter. You disagree?

And we're still in a thread started by an American with many American scornfully participating about Canada.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:16 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
What about that statement you quoted is hypocritical?

I've stated many times trying to enact similar legislation or to even think of confiscating firearms in the U.S. is a non-starter. You disagree?

And we're still in a thread started by an American with many American scornfully participating about Canada.
As I've said before, Americans have a vested inertness in what goes on in Canada as our Leftist Progressive States love to copy unconstitutional foreign law to see if they can get away with it. Our corrupt courts often let them. Then we are STUCK.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:21 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
nazi's life can continue. Speaking of egos. SheeshIs here a difference if someone breaks into your house, steals a knife and kills someone with it, " That owner could technically be in some serious hot water"

Is there a difference if a car is stolen and used in committing a crime even if the car was unlocked and the keys in it? "That owner could technically be in some serious hot water"

There are many instances where the SAME procedures for guns is NOT applied to other crimes. Should NOT be.

"AngryTaxPayer", I think your anger has distorted you reasoning capabilities.
Does your knife have a serial number and were you forced to store said info in a national database? If so then same thing.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:27 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Who cares? Guns are pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Who cares. In the era of drones and heavily equipped military guns very rarely serve a legitimate purpose. The second amendment is outdated and is for a bunch of gun owning snowflakes who are really the same as addicts. Their substance is just a gun, not gambling or drugs.
Wow, adding so much to the conversation. I own firearms because I hunt and killing a deer with a rifle is much easier than strangling one with my bare hands. What I choose to shoot it with shouldn't be decided by a politician or a group of nanny state hoplophobes. That for ANY Country.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 05-07-2020 at 11:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies