Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 11:01 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Canadians are mere SUBJECTS that willingly give up their Rights, Freedoms and Liberty to the Crown. Oooh, the Royals make us safe. LOL!
Canada ranks #4 in the World Freedom Index put out by the very conservative CATO Institute.

USA is way down at #15, tied with Estonia.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...x-update-3.pdf

But nice try at being one of those chest poundin', throat yellin', flag wavin', gun totin' 'Murcians.

Facts never matter to the indoctrinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Ooopsy here we go again:

https://www.cato.org/human-freedom-index-new Hover your mouse and cover your mouth.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...est-countries/ Again hover your mouse to observe the scores - hint - the U.S. is again 12 places lower in all measurable freedoms.

Strangely enough it's even American agencies rating Canada higher in all freedoms - go figure. Guess they actually read something other than Hollywood scripts.

More: https://www.businessinsider.com/coun...e-world-2018-4

https://rsf.org/en/ranking_table

Getting the picture?
Just saw this post of yours responding to Pilot's chest pounding. I only used one of your links. I wonder if Pilot can be 'schooled' or is he beyond 'learnin'?

Old 05-03-2020, 11:05 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Thank god for the Constitution.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6892959/c...lt-weapon-ban/

Dripping with emotion, open at risk.
Yes, I am glad for the constitution also, and the fact we still have some folks that have interest adhering to it.

But Canada needs to do what Canada needs to do. I do feel for the peaceful folks there that disagree with this, because the logic is not consistent at all (surprise!) but darnit, it sure Feelz Good to the clueless Grabberz. And yes, a firearm registration is the most expeditious way for Mother Govt to come seize your stuff when that switch gets flipped.

Last edited by snebarekim; 05-03-2020 at 11:24 AM..

Old 05-03-2020, 11:07 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,016,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Sitting here in another country about 9,000 miles from home. I can understand why the world looks at the USA and scratches their head in wonder. I disagree with them, but I get it.

How many children are slaughtered in our streets every year by gun violence. How many does France or Japan or Germany or England lose to gun violence?

How many mass shootings a year do all first world countries combined have, compared to just the United States? It is sobering to think about. Is it any wonder the rest of the world is confused by our inaction?
More people are killed by hands and feet then by firearms every year. Its not a firearms issue, its a people issue.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Assault weapons like the 3 shot Remington 7400? Classified as "military grade" under this new ban. As are all other semi automatic firearms.

Rifles like the 7400 have been taking game in the hands of hunters for a VERY long time. But now if you use such a rifle to hunt you're a criminal. Alrighty then.

One of the very worst mass shootings in history happened in 1966 at TX AM University. 17 people were killed 30 some odd wounded. And the shooter did not use a semi auto service style rifle.

He used a Remington 700 ADL 3 shot bolt action hunting rifle in 6mm. So, with that in mind Canadians will soon be giving up their hunting firearms soon enough when your government takes to labeling them "military grade sniper weapons."

No need for those up yonder either aye? Lol, I'm thinking Canadians best bone up on archery skills if they favor wild game meat. At least till someone figures out how to ban bows. Which they will.

I'll be watching with interest how this progresses up there. And be thankful I dont live there much as I like the countryside. But this will serve as an interesting social experiment. O e I believe will prove the true intent of firearms ban advocates.
I just searched the list, and do not see the 7400 listed. Where did you get this information from? Many now banned are 20MM cannons, and frankly, no one cares about them. I don't even know why they were allowed in the first place.

Here is the whole regulation and list.

Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 154, Number 3:*Regulations Amending the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricte

Old 05-03-2020, 11:21 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I just searched the list, and do not see the 7400 listed. Where did you get this information from? Many now banned are 20MM cannons, and frankly, no one cares about them. I don't even know why they were allowed in the first place.

Here is the whole regulation and list.

Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 154, Number 3:*Regulations Amending the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricte
So they will be hunting with sticks and rocks unless they own a musket.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Thank god for the Constitution.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6892959/c...lt-weapon-ban/

Dripping with emotion, open at risk.

That's Canada -- not the USA.......

Old 05-03-2020, 11:24 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
Guns can get a person to hell faster than good intentions by a long shot. I learned that from watching Westerns.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:26 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

That's Canada -- not the USA.......
Thanks for the obvious. The topic is registrations and bans.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the obvious. The topic is registrations and bans.
Most of those firearms were not registered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies