Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 12:29 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times

Advertisements

I have my serial numbers written down in case anything is ever lost or stolen, but that's it.

It's nobody's business but my own what kind of and how many guns I own.

Registry? Pssshh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 05:23 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Pfffffttttt!!!!!!!!!! Begone, imaginary person.
That guy might also have a "Trudeau Enslavement syndrome".

Got to check that toon posted on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ygreck/status/1256659724256317441

Old 01-31-2021, 08:04 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
And..... .here it is

HR 127

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuqY...ature=emb_logo

How does someone register a firearm that has no serial number because it was made in the late 1800s.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:04 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
About 15 years ago here in my hometown, a local who was always getting into misdemeanor trouble- speeding, no license, old plates, hassling the cops, etc., finally was arrested on a bunch of outstanding warrants and did 30 days in the slammer for them.
When he was arrested at home, the cops seized all his firearms and impounded them. Standard procedure for scoff-laws.

After he did his time, he wanted his guns back. Since he had no firearm violations at all, getting them back was his right. But since he had no sales papers and none were registered, he had no way of proving which guns were actually his.

So he got none of them back until he could show accurate proof of ownership. He took the case all the way to the state Supreme Court and lost.

Registration would have gotten all of them back to him. Once in the system, he didn't even need the papers.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:49 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
About 15 years ago here in my hometown, a local who was always getting into misdemeanor trouble- speeding, no license, old plates, hassling the cops, etc., finally was arrested on a bunch of outstanding warrants and did 30 days in the slammer for them.
When he was arrested at home, the cops seized all his firearms and impounded them. Standard procedure for scoff-laws.

After he did his time, he wanted his guns back. Since he had no firearm violations at all, getting them back was his right. But since he had no sales papers and none were registered, he had no way of proving which guns were actually his.

So he got none of them back until he could show accurate proof of ownership. He took the case all the way to the state Supreme Court and lost.

Registration would have gotten all of them back to him. Once in the system, he didn't even need the papers.
I call BS. BIG TIME.

1) Cops can't "take your guns" because you had speeding tickets.

2) Cops can't "lose your property" while it's in their possession without legal ramifications. What court did he go to? Kangaroo?

This story is simply made up.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

Here is a news flash. We already have paperwork for any firearm bought from an FFL. Anyone with any sense already lists their weapons with their insurance company for replacement value. Even my old black powder weapons are insured for full value.

The only time I've heard of this red flag bs was a coworker who had a neighbor call the cops about being suicidal. They came out and took the firearms but had to catalog and store them. He got them back albeit after some crap but "registration" wouldn't have changed a thing. There is no valid reason for double documentation.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:57 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Thinking Canadians aren't interested in condescending phony sympathy from an "unthinking" American.

Your Trudeau Derangement Syndrome is obviously founded in your jealousy over another leader's obvious ability to form successive cognitive sentences.
Trudeau derangement syndrome? Lol where did you make that up. At least have the gumption to debate without silly memes.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Trudeau derangement syndrome? Lol where did you make that up. At least have the gumption to debate without silly memes.
Interesting why the Canucks, Aussies or Limeys care about our laws huh. Jealously I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies