Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 10:54 AM

76,829 posts, read 47,156,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I am not a huge Bush fan for a lot of reasons, but I never had a doubt that he actually wanted the best for ALL Americans, whether they voted him or not.

He just released this video. Compare it to the way Trump has dealt with Covid-19, and tell me which one is more Presidential.

https://youtu.be/E6lxKOfn8_E

I miss the time back when America had actual presidential Presidents, on all sides of the political spectrums.
Even Bush seems reasonable compared to what we have now.

Unfortunately political civility went out the window in 1990s during Newt Gingrich vs Clinton era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
GWB brought us together and made us stronger during 9/11. Trump is causing division among us.
Dividing people is Trump's goal. Pitting citizens against each other is the only way he can stay in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 11:10 AM

20,393 posts, read 12,283,121 times
Quote:
I am not a huge Bush fan for a lot of reasons, but I never had a doubt that he actually wanted the best for ALL Americans, whether they voted him or not.

He just released this video. Compare it to the way Trump has dealt with Covid-19, and tell me which one is more Presidential.

I miss the time back when America had actual presidential Presidents, on all sides of the political spectrums.
i cannot properly express how offended i am at you for this post.

as a leftist you acted like Bush was the anti-Christ when he was president. now all the sudden he is a shining light?

take a flying leep dude.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:51 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,791,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How quaint. "Trumpers".

So do you permanently condemn Trump and those that support him? Seems like you hypocritically do, even after all the good he's done for the country.

Personally if I was a hypocrite I would say he's not that bad. I'm doing okay in this quarantine. It's a nice paid vacation from my crappy job. There is also the stimulus check to add on top of that.
However this crisis wasn't supposed to happen. Even though I am doing okay in this quarantine and I think extroverts are being dramatic right now this is not what I ideally want. I want to be able to at least tolerate my regular job not have an okay alternate job especially while other people are stuck in quarantine in abusive situations. He has done terrible on the employment front. He promised jobs jobs jobs.not that I ever believed him but he was so adamant on that more than any other president. Not only that some businesses are actually hurting now. While I think the country will do okay in this crisis and I don't think quarantine will be forever, it will be in spite of him.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:09 PM

18,494 posts, read 7,254,362 times
Quote:

You were a big fan of terror attacks against the US and illegal wars of aggression by the US? And huge recessions created by the USG's social engineering experiments?

To hell with Bush.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:09 PM

24,453 posts, read 33,125,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You were a big fan of terror attacks against the US and illegal wars of aggression by the US? And huge recessions created by the USG's social engineering experiments?

To hell with Bush.
The wars were not illegal.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:37 AM

374 posts, read 144,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump is an excellent President. Bush was a go along to get along, Globalist, Progressive. Yet the Democrat/Media alliance still hated him. Trump is making Bush and the other previous Presidents look weak and ineffective. That is why Bush hates him.
Come on. That's not fair. Half the time Trump is his own worst enemy because his personality is off-putting. Even if you support him and his policies, his pettiness is childish and unbecoming of a president. Presidents are always insulted and ridiculed--Trump makes it easier than most because he won't rise above it.

Last edited by PerditaPanthera; 05-23-2020 at 01:47 AM..

Old 05-23-2020, 05:26 AM

68,271 posts, read 53,999,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
you serious dude?

Democrats attacked George Bush nonstop for his response to disasters

but now suddenly they are trying to rewrite history and say they appreciated him? LMAO

Nonsense, I disagreed with the Iraq invasion and likely always will. But I also believed Bush thought he was doing the right thing and was influenced by bad advice from members of his administration. Doesn't change the fact the man has some character, a quality sadly lacking in the current POTUS.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:00 AM

58,421 posts, read 26,762,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
"The United States budget process begins when the President of the United States submits a budget request to Congress"

"The President's budget submission is referred to the House and Senate Budget Committees and to the Congressional Budget Office"

"There is no obligation for either or both houses of Congress to pass a budget resolution"

"A conference committee is typically required to resolve differences between House and Senate appropriation bills. Once a conference bill has passed both chambers of Congress, it is sent to the President, who may sign the bill or veto it. If he signs, the bill becomes law. Otherwise, Congress must pass another bill to avoid a shutdown of at least part of the federal government."

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...budget_process

So during this time where was the Senate, on extended holiday seeing the GOP was the majority?

Looks like another GOP who failed Civics 101
A president submits a "budget PROPOSAL. "When was a presidents budget proposal NOT dead on arrival?
Obama's got a 100 to 0 vote on NOT accepting, which is normal.

The ISSUE is SPENDING NOT proposals that go no where. A budget PROPOSAL is NOT a spending BILL I know it is hard to stay focused and NOT stray off.

"— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 9, clause 7
Congress—and in particular, the House of Representatives—is invested with the “power of the purse,” the ability to tax and spend public money for the national government. Massachusetts’ Elbridge Gerry said at the Federal Constitutional Convention that the House “was more immediately the representatives of the people, and it was a maxim that the people ought to hold the purse-strings.”

"The framers were unanimous that Congress, as the representatives of the people, should be in control of public funds—not the President or executive branch agencies.'

Looks like another DEM who failed Civics 101, AGAIN.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-23-2020 at 06:17 AM..

Old 05-23-2020, 07:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,366,615 times
Dubya was a disaster.

But even he looks like a true statesman compared to tRump.

Sad...

Old 05-24-2020, 06:13 AM

58,421 posts, read 26,762,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Dubya was a disaster.

But even he looks like a true statesman compared to tRump.

Sad...

"Dubya was a disaster." Maybe, "it takes one to know", might be appropriate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies