Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 09:13 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I agree, we need to see the rest of it, but my assertion is that we know, given the history that there is still an underlying problem in this country around the preconceived notion and stereotype that black people are criminals. We still have racial issues and we are still dealing with the fallout of slavery and Jim Crow.
I don't disagree with that at all.

I would suggest though that it's a problem that is not as geographically and politically tidy as people try to portray.

Our urban centers don't exactly have glowing reputations with regards to race relations themselves.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:18 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
both of these posts are exactly why i said these were not good guys with guns, but rather thugs with guns. as for the law in georgia, that is up to a jury to ultimately decide, assuming this goes to trial. the thugs were the ones that pushed the issue, and imo they should face that jury on a number of charges including manslaughter, adw, stalking, etc.

like i said, good guys with guns dont go out and find people to shoot. instead they watch what the potential perp does, and reports to the police and let them do their job. the only time a good guy with a gun actually uses it against another human being is to protect innocent life, like the guy in texas that took out the church shooter before more people were killed.
I would want to know more information before reaching a final decision, I have not seen the video nor read all the witness testimony.

That being said, I could see charges being brought in this case based upon what I've heard so far.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:22 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yet we rarely hear about White people often murdered by Blacks because it doesn't fit the NBC/Comcast narrative of Social Justice (LIES). WHY NO CHARGES if there were laws broken?
Exactly the first thing that I thought of when race is brought into a story where it bares no relevance. The exact same story could mean the exact same thing if the guys with guns were black, and the victim were white.
Yet you know full well that the media reporting the story would not have mentioned the races of either.

I wonder when people will start waking up and give some push back against this rubbish, either by calling to complain, or stop buying their product.

I will also note how the OP is probably anti-gun as if to imply improper use of deadly force by a few means the collective guilt of all.
I wonder if they would apply that same standard to a race of people, blaming all for the actions of a few?
No, that would be racist, right?

`

Old 05-05-2020, 09:29 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
That DA should go back to Law School:

He said the father and son had "probable cause" to believe the victim might be a burglar and were within their rights to arm themselves and chase him down.

Since when? They have a right to defend themselves if attacked, but no right to deputize themselves to chase down supposed criminals. And no right to appoint themselves judge, jury and executioner.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:48 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
I thought this was 2020, yet we still have modern day lynch mobs in America.
you chose a mathematical term for your user name, yet think that 2 people constitute a 'mob'?

seems odd.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:19 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,943,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Actually that is the only time we hear about it because that is the stereotype - that scary black people are always killing innocent white people. In fact, throughout history, it has been white people who have terrorized the black community.
Most black violence and death is black on black. That isn't a stereotype. Its true. They terrorize their own communities proved by the crime rates.

Old 05-05-2020, 02:23 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Default Innocent black jogger shot dead in Georgia by rednecks

Here's what that wonderful 2A leads to. An innocent man, out for a jog, is shot dead by two hillbilly rednecks in good ole' Georgia.

And the 2A crowd wants no control???

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/sta...37290786443266

The district attorney is going to have this go to a grand jury. But the rednecks have not been arrested yet. Good ol' boy network?

Regardless, what in the name of sanity allows this type of thinking to even go on??? They "thought he was a burglar??? What, by running down the middle of the road in broad daylight???

Oh, the victim was black. Surprised anyone? The attitude of shoot, shoot often, and who gives a flip about human life is something I just don't understand.

Old 05-05-2020, 02:36 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,547 times
wow.. politics aside, that is f@#ed up. I hope the family gets to see justice.

Old 05-05-2020, 02:39 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
One thread about this story was simply not enough for you?

Old 05-05-2020, 02:40 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
This has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. These guys are going down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies