Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 08:49 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
What about those of us who think the POTUS is failing horribly at addressing this Pandemic - 70K deaths and already proclaiming victory - are we evil leftists?

What seems quite clear from this "rant" is that you only love people who agree with you.
You are an ignoramus to think that President Trump is to blame for these deaths. Let's waste millions of taxpayer's dollars funding the Kennedy Center instead of helping suffering businesses and families. Oh, and let's still take our vacations instead of staying in DC and working together to help the President.

You have Extreme Left Wing Governors stating that PT is doing a phenomenal job handling the Pandemic. So why don't you give it a break and go back to bed.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:01 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
As long as there is a state of emergency, I thought it was constitutional. Hasn't this sort of thing gone through the courts before.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:05 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
You are an ignoramus to think that President Trump is to blame for these deaths. Let's waste millions of taxpayer's dollars funding the Kennedy Center instead of helping suffering businesses and families. Oh, and let's still take our vacations instead of staying in DC and working together to help the President.

You have Extreme Left Wing Governors stating that PT is doing a phenomenal job handling the Pandemic. So why don't you give it a break and go back to bed.
Believe me, the left knows PT is not to blame for these deaths. They are merely peddling that over and over in the hope they can fool the low-info Democrat voters to turn out on Election Day.

I HATE the way our governor is manipulating the data to inflate case numbers. I suspect that he will move us to Phase I, knowing that the results of the increased testing and double-counts will allow him to say a short time afterward, “see? We followed Trump’s phase-in approach and our numbers skyrocketed” - and then slam things shut again.

I saw somewhere than there are only about 200 cases per 100,000 in my area of the state - meaning 2 per 1000. Blackface needs to get those numbers up, pronto!

Old 05-06-2020, 09:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
if you don’t wear a mask it’s a $300 fine. And they had the gall to call Trump a dictator!

Seig Heil!
Your state constitution likely grants your governor broad powers in declared emergencies.

Your governor is following the CDC guideline.

Like most, you have no idea if you are positive right now, this minute. Obviously you don’t seem to care to protect your fellow man in the event you are a spreader. Says more about you than your governor.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:

Melania is the honorary chair of the Kennedy Center. Trump championed the handout before he criticized it, after he authorized it.

The Federal process of obtaining handouts enabled hundreds of businesses with substantial financial resources to obtain handouts. Some of them returned the handouts. Some did not.

Having said this, nearly half of all small businesses fail within 5 years in the best of times. Banks won’t lend to them unless the federal government guarantees the loan.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:48 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Understood. You have a doctor's note, no need to threaten to sue anybody.
Me threatening to sue keeps police in check.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Then stay home.

As we are encouraging and telling immune compromised people to stay home.

Stay home.....you have a medical excuse for staying home.

I'm sure friends and family can run errands for you.

It is horrible -- but it is for now and for the safety of others.
I dont have a compromised immune system. And I will not stay at home because I have a constitutional right to be free and go about town.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:50 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
National disaster being the key world. Laughable that anyone would say this was.

So I have to go to work tomorrow. There are like 3 people working in the building. Do I have to wear a mask?

The evidence is, it is not. Unless it is the N95 which no has.
What does your employer say?

You going to complain because you got to wear clothes also?

Old 05-06-2020, 09:51 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:

Trump is clearly to blame for the abysmal response to this pandemic. It is clear to see everyday as he tries to deflect blame with everything he does. I'm not blaming Trump for all the deaths. People would have died with the best response, just not as many. Anyone who has followed this very closely can easily see the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Believe me, the left knows PT is not to blame for these deaths. They are merely peddling that over and over in the hope they can fool the low-info Democrat voters to turn out on Election Day.

I HATE the way our governor is manipulating the data to inflate case numbers. I suspect that he will move us to Phase I, knowing that the results of the increased testing and double-counts will allow him to say a short time afterward, “see? We followed Trump’s phase-in approach and our numbers skyrocketed” - and then slam things shut again.

I saw somewhere than there are only about 200 cases per 100,000 in my area of the state - meaning 2 per 1000. Blackface needs to get those numbers up, pronto!

Nobody is inflating death numbers. Deaths are being undercounted. When this is all over, the official death rates will be much higher. Do you think the trailers in the temporary morgues in NYC are empty?

Old 05-06-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's a little face mask. Honestly, it's not a coat of mail, lol. And it won't hurt, I promise.
Actually, you're wrong. Masks inhibit proper inhaling of oxygen. Instead, you're inhaling carbon deoxide when u have a mask unless it's the special kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies