Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 10:03 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Once somebody latches onto the constitutional rights being infringed upon angle, all is lost.
I'd like to say that often times, yes Constitutional rights are being infringed upon, particularly with regards to police procedures and the rights of the accused. In the case of the stay-at-home orders, though, there is not really much of a case.

Old 05-07-2020, 10:29 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
Because President Trump moved swiftly, he saved lives. At least some of the Left Wing Governors are admitting the truth. They aren't letting politics get in the way of working with this President and they applaud the way he has handled this pandemic.
Trump moved swiftly. OMG. Taiwan moved swiftly. They had one heck of a top notch pandemic team in place and were on it from day one. They never shut down their economy and are still under 1,000 cases and 6 deaths for a population of over 22 million. Talk about doing it right.

What was Trump doing about it for months? Lying, gas lighting, denying, pointing fingers. Trump left the back door open for European import cases while he closed the front door for import cases from China. Saving lives? Hardly.

Lets look at Russia, now the new hot spot. Putin "We have it under control" was his response in April. Putin has troops infected now, yep, so do we. He has cabinet members infected now, yep so do we, he used unreliable tests that showed too many false negatives allowing the virus to spread, yep so did we.

Starting May 12 ALL residents will be required to wear face masks and gloves in public. Well duh.

"The real number of coronavirus infections in Moscow is likely around 300,000. Officially, the city has 92,626 cases." Source " Coronavirus in Russia: The Latest News/ May 7. The Moscow Times.

So we have two leaders who had similar responses with lies and gas lighting and down playing. We have two countries with a rising death toll and infection rate.

We have several countries that did a much better job than we did. Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, they all had masks on from day one.

These situations bring out the best in people and the worst in people. Not wanting to wear a mask is one of the biggest rectum factors I've seen with the all about me crowd. Ever watch a child die? I have, many. It's devastating, especially when it could have been prevented. No seat belt in a car crash. ignoring an asthma attack. The terror in that 16 year old after his friend shot him. He died before we could get him off of the ambulance gurney. I was the last person he saw on this planet. I'll never forget him or that look in his eyes.

It's one thing when you recklessly put your own life in jeopardy, quite another when you intentionally and selfishly put someone elses life in jeopardy when you refuse to do one minor thong like wear a mask in public.

There's no doubt in my mind that most of you here are just trolls doing your best to insight and inflame. There are some of you that believe this garbage and are just plain selfish. Do me a favor, look at those images of sick children that have Covid and the complications that go along with it. If you can turn away unaffected, then you're hopeless. Wear a mask for them, for those of you who have one ounce of humanity left in you, or have children at home. Their lives are more important than your freedom.

Old 05-09-2020, 01:15 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Trump moved swiftly. OMG. Taiwan moved swiftly. They had one heck of a top notch pandemic team in place and were on it from day one. They never shut down their economy and are still under 1,000 cases and 6 deaths for a population of over 22 million. Talk about doing it right.

What was Trump doing about it for months? Lying, gas lighting, denying, pointing fingers. Trump left the back door open for European import cases while he closed the front door for import cases from China. Saving lives? Hardly.

Lets look at Russia, now the new hot spot. Putin "We have it under control" was his response in April. Putin has troops infected now, yep, so do we. He has cabinet members infected now, yep so do we, he used unreliable tests that showed too many false negatives allowing the virus to spread, yep so did we.

Starting May 12 ALL residents will be required to wear face masks and gloves in public. Well duh.

"The real number of coronavirus infections in Moscow is likely around 300,000. Officially, the city has 92,626 cases." Source " Coronavirus in Russia: The Latest News/ May 7. The Moscow Times.

So we have two leaders who had similar responses with lies and gas lighting and down playing. We have two countries with a rising death toll and infection rate.

We have several countries that did a much better job than we did. Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, they all had masks on from day one.

These situations bring out the best in people and the worst in people. Not wanting to wear a mask is one of the biggest rectum factors I've seen with the all about me crowd. Ever watch a child die? I have, many. It's devastating, especially when it could have been prevented. No seat belt in a car crash. ignoring an asthma attack. The terror in that 16 year old after his friend shot him. He died before we could get him off of the ambulance gurney. I was the last person he saw on this planet. I'll never forget him or that look in his eyes.

It's one thing when you recklessly put your own life in jeopardy, quite another when you intentionally and selfishly put someone elses life in jeopardy when you refuse to do one minor thong like wear a mask in public.

There's no doubt in my mind that most of you here are just trolls doing your best to insight and inflame. There are some of you that believe this garbage and are just plain selfish. Do me a favor, look at those images of sick children that have Covid and the complications that go along with it. If you can turn away unaffected, then you're hopeless. Wear a mask for them, for those of you who have one ounce of humanity left in you, or have children at home. Their lives are more important than your freedom.
I read the response that you wrote to another poster...because you didn't agree with him (or her), you started it off with the "koolaid" response. It brought back that old saying (you are old enough to remember), "That's as old as the crust on your undies". Very childish. Then I read on, thinking what an angry person you are. I moved down the thread and now you are directing your Leftist nutty aggression at me. For whatever the reason, you continued this unprovoked rant about wearing a mask with me. So I checked your profile to see that you say you're a respiratory therapist. That is a rewarding profession but from your vile posts, you need to either retire or move on to a less stressful occupation. I know nurses that are working under very stressful conditions right now and they are not displaying this angry temper tantrum that is splashed all over your posts. Actually, very few of them have time to go on social media right now.

You state that you can't sit still, but you sure do have enough time to bash people that have different political opinions than you, going as far as calling them trolls. I don't have respect for people that call themselves "Americans", and then trash the POTUS on social media. He lies? I haven't heard him tell a lie yet, but the Left Wing tends to twist everything he says around. But tell me, do you know of any President, or for that matter, any person, that hasn't told a lie? All you have to do is look at Congress!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-10-2020 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: edited out user's name

Old 05-09-2020, 01:28 PM

565 posts, read 282,095 times
Quote:
I read the response that you wrote to another poster...because you didn't agree with him (or her), you started it off with the "koolaid" response. It brought back that old saying (you are old enough to remember), "That's as old as the crust on your undies". Very childish. Then I read on, thinking what an angry person you are. I moved down the thread and now you are directing your Leftist nutty aggression at me. For whatever the reason, you continued this unprovoked rant about wearing a mask with me. So I checked your profile to see that you say you're a respiratory therapist. That is a rewarding profession but from your vile posts, you need to either retire or move on to a less stressful occupation. I know nurses that are working under very stressful conditions right now and they are not displaying this angry temper tantrum that is splashed all over your posts. Actually, very few of them have time to go on social media right now.

You state that you can't sit still, but you sure do have enough time to bash people that have different political opinions than you, going as far as calling them trolls. I don't have respect for people that call themselves "Americans", and then trash the POTUS on social media. He lies? I haven't heard him tell a lie yet, but the Left Wing tends to twist everything he says around. But tell me, do you know of any President, or for that matter, any person, that hasn't told a lie? All you have to do is look at Congress!
Really?

March 6th - “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.”

April 30th - “We’ve tested more than every country combined.” Lie by omission. On a per-capita basis, which is what really matters, we were way behind most other leading countries at this point in time.

January 13th - "I was the person who saved Pre-Existing Conditions in your healthcare." Umm no. That was John McCain.

Sep. 4th 2019 - Originally "almost all models predicted" Dorian would hit Alabama. He couldn't let this lie go so he or some stooge took a sharpie and extended the forecast cone on an official map to include Alabama.

April 24th - “I was asking a sarcastic, and a very sarcastic question, to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside,” An obvious lie about one of the dumbest utterances every by a U.S. president. Dr. Birx herself contradicted this lie in her comments to the media that he was "musing" allowed.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-10-2020 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 05-09-2020, 06:19 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:

Totally bizarre response

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-10-2020 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 05-09-2020, 06:36 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Wrong. The fundamental difference is a liberal wants to trust and rely on the government. A conservative knows you can't.
Then a conservative should decline getting on Social Security and Medicare, but none do.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
Really?

March 6th - “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.”

April 30th - “We’ve tested more than every country combined.” Lie by omission. On a per-capita basis, which is what really matters, we were way behind most other leading countries at this point in time.

January 13th - "I was the person who saved Pre-Existing Conditions in your healthcare." Umm no. That was John McCain.

Sep. 4th 2019 - Originally "almost all models predicted" Dorian would hit Alabama. He couldn't let this lie go so he or some stooge took a sharpie and extended the forecast cone on an official map to include Alabama.

April 24th - “I was asking a sarcastic, and a very sarcastic question, to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside,” An obvious lie about one of the dumbest utterances every by a U.S. president. Dr. Birx herself contradicted this lie in her comments to the media that he was "musing" allowed.
LOL, so what are you doing....documenting everything PT says and circling what YOU feel are lies?!:roll eyes: Don't forget to document all the lies coming out about Obama, Biden, Hillary, McCabe, Rice, Clapper, Comey, Schiff, etc. the next few weeks. Make sure you have a thick pad because your going to need it with the number of corrupt democrats that were involved in trying to destroy PT and bring down innocent people like Flynn. But all of you will still vote Democrat even when it's in black and white the Party is corrupt. You're not blind to it....you just have more hate in your blood for PT (for no reason) than you have love for your Country.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then a conservative should decline getting on Social Security and Medicare, but none do.
All of us paid into Social Security and Medicare. It was a forced savings by the government so why wouldn't we take some of our money back? You make no sense.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:28 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
By all means, go out and do as you wish without any concern for anyone else. THIS, folks, is the fundamental difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives have ZERO sense of social responsibility or community-mindedness.
Please, what an over the top statement to make, and so, so untrue.

I know both liberals and conservatives who donate time and money to charities.

Are you aware that wearing a mask cuts down your oxygen level, lowering your immune system? I get wearing them in the stores, but out walking or running by yourself, or driving your car. People who have asthma and other conditions can make themselves more vulnerable. Have you seen the stories now of people who are wearing masks while driving who have crashed their cars due to passing out?

I live in CA, I guess everyone is very conservative...LOL. All the people who are very angry at Newsom and pushed back when it got over the top, and he had to pull back...they're all conservative...oh my.

The people out protesting, especially the ones who are advocates for undocumented workers and the lockdown(they were out there as well) are all big Trump supporters and right wing.

Think before you post such an untrue statement.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:44 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
San Diego and Orange County are widely known as heavy Republican strongholds to give examples. Is that not correct? I would think you'd be aware of that since your profile indicates you're from there. There are some other coastal California areas that are strong Democratic strongholds.

Either way, it's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If people aren't taking the proper precautions to protect themselves and not spread a deadly virus to others, they're using poor judgment regardless of their political affiliation. Again, this isn't, nor should it be, a political issue. It's a public behavioral issue.
Please, you live in NC correct? So you're a CA expert?

I lived in Southern CA, LA County and it is hardly Republican. Orange County does tend to be more conservative but who cares. The media and the powers that be have done a good job dividing people by race, political views to the extreme, sexual orientation and many bought into it.

Divide and conquer.

Just how long do you think people can live in lockdown? You do know stress can kill you, if someone is suffering severe anxiety(and many are) about hoe they're going to feed their kids, pay their bills, and worry about getting evicted or foreclosed on...that pales in comparison to a virus that has a 98% rate of recovery.

All those deaths in nursing homes listed as COVID 19 is very misleading. Doctors have spoken out about being coerced to sign that on the death certificates. Look it up. Are you aware of all the people in the medical field including doctors and nurses who have been laid off from hospitals. I know two here, thousands were just laid off in CA this week, now how does that add up?

Once people start to see and feel the impact done to the economy they're going to realize and start to question how this was handled. When the so called solution is worse than the original problem the results are never good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies