Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2020, 12:28 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Did you ever have a problem with a sign that read, no shirt, no shoes, no service? Because there are plenty of those around. And I haven't seen any protests over that. It's ridiculous that poor little snowflakes can't wear a face mask. WTH? We don't want your effin germs.
A store owner requiring those items for entry is one thing, politicians making them mandatory and superseding the property rights of individuals and business owners is another(and illegitimate)

Old 05-04-2020, 12:29 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
My neighbor did this, and when she pulled up into the driveway adjacent to me, I asked her why she was wearing one in the car. She told me that she just got home from the grocery store, that the virus might be on the plastic bags, and when she drives, the virus might "jump" off the bags into the air, and then circulate through the ventilation system. Oye vey!
How was her wearing a mask in her own car affecting you? Let people do what they feel is best to remain safe.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:29 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Well, you cannot do something legal in most public places now, and that's smoking. Where's the uproar about constitutional rights in that instance? Are you going to argue about the health reasons not allowing people to smoke where they want?

Old 05-04-2020, 12:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
Wearing a mask shows respect for your friends and family by protecting them from the virus. If they wear a mask, too, then you are both protected and the chance of one of you catching the virus goes way down. Wearing a mask means you are protecting your wife, your children, your parents or your elderly neighbor. Wearing a mask means you are protecting yourselves and other people in the supermarket, hardware store or gas station. Wearing a mask means you are showing respect for the overworked healthcare workers who have risked their lives treating Covid patients and will risk their lives again if they have to treat you. Wearing a mask means you respect the fact that your family will be devastated if you die from this disease. It means you are taking responsibility for your health.

This is not Nazi Germany as one poster implied. Jews wish all that had happened to them was that they were forced to wear a mask, instead of being killed in the gas chambers. Your rights are not being violated. The constitution is not being violated. You are being asked to wear a mask for your own protection and that of your loved ones.!!!
One thing we have learned is that many conservatives don't give a damn about anyone but themselves .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Which is an obscene abuse of power.

Any one who questions it is shouted down, I might add.
Because it was completely false'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, nobody in VA wants to post up the details on the $1000 fine that Rachel's talking about? Google isn't turning up much.
Seems like the poster completely made that up.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
So YOU can hop a non-stop flight. In my liberal state, the governor has declared ALL non-essential travel illegal. (Aren't you in Indiana? You have a Republican governor.)

And it doesn't matter how many have been stopped and ticketed. The point is that the governor has declared HIS RIGHT to do so. Can't you get that? What if he said nobody can work in their gardens, or they will get a ticket for $1000? The very idea that he is issuing such draconian edicts is what is alarming. What is more alarming is that leftists are either accepting it or downplaying it.
This article declares what you cannot do in VA. Nowhere does it say you can't drive alone in your car for pleasure.
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...virus/2259216/

Old 05-04-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
It doesn't say what's not allowed. It's says what IS allowed. And the governor made it clear that we are not to leave our houses other than for the essential reasons he outlined: for groceries, for medicine, or for caring for a person or pet. (I for example had to drive to the adjacent state to drop off some provisions for my mother, who is not leaving her apartment. I knew if I were stopped, I could show the cop the bag of stuff and I would be allowed to proceed.)
This article states what's not allowed.
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...virus/2259216/

You're really overthinking this.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I just explained up a post how this backs up what I was saying: roads and highways remain open for ESSENTIAL reasons. That would mean that my trip to "air out my car" in the beautiful hills of West Virginia IS NOT ALLOWED.

P.S. I'm planning to do it anyway. Alert the State House and they can come after me.
I doubt anybody is going to come after you.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
WOW really? I live in Tennessee about 50 miles from Virginia.

I have close aunts who are so angry who live in Bristol, VA. Tennessee has started opening up--of course we have a Republican Governor.

Folks are not gonna put up with these governor power grabs long.
And what kind of power are they grabbing? The power to try and keep their residents safe from a pandemic? Why, the nerve!

Old 05-04-2020, 12:39 PM

10,480 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I know! They died to protect your right not to wear an itty bitty face mask! They must be besides themselves! You guys kill me, lol.
I cant wear face masks. It makes me feel like Im suffocating and have panic attacks, so I got my doctor to give me a note that says I am exempt from wearing masks. I was stopped once and threatened to sue the cop personally for violating my rights and he let me go.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
A store owner requiring those items for entry is one thing, politicians making them mandatory and superseding the property rights of individuals and business owners is another(and illegitimate)
It's a little face mask. Honestly, it's not a coat of mail, lol. And it won't hurt, I promise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.