Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 10:16 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
My governor is doing everything he can to artificially inflate the numbers in order to keep us in lockdown. I suspect he got wind that he numbers were dropping, so he took action to pump them back up again. Guess he figured that he needs more time to destroy businesses and wipe out hundreds of thousands of jobs.
So when are you moving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 10:17 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
My governor is doing everything he can to artificially inflate the numbers in order to keep us in lockdown. I suspect he got wind that he numbers were dropping, so he took action to pump them back up again. Guess he figured that he needs more time to destroy businesses and wipe out hundreds of thousands of jobs.
Mwhaha, yes, the evil plan is working! Next up, the black UN helicopters will be landing on your street!

Old 05-04-2020, 10:18 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
So when are you moving?
I’m here for family obligations, in case it was your business. I will not remain here after that. Any nice red states you would recommend for me? Preferably near a beach. Thanks!

Old 05-04-2020, 10:20 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Mwhaha, yes, the evil plan is working! Next up, the black UN helicopters will be landing on your street!
^^^ Exhibit A: mocking. It is how a leftist responds when he is met with a valid point which he is unable to refute.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:21 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:

So......

Instead of ridiculing, why don't you just try to give us your take on why intentionally skewing statistics to make it look like there's more cases than there actually are is justified in your opinion?

This isn't a conspiracy theory.....it's what they're on record admitting to.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
^^^ Exhibit A: mocking. It is how a leftist responds when he is met with a valid point which he is unable to refute.
Come on, you do lots of that yourself. But yes, you're claiming that there is a conspiracy going on, so generally, people will mock conspiracies, since such things shouldn't be taken seriously.

If you really believe that, I feel sorry for you, but I think you are just taking the **** more than anything else.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:24 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Come on, you do lots of that yourself. But yes, you're claiming that there is a conspiracy going on, so generally, people will mock conspiracies, since such things shouldn't be taken seriously.

If you really believe that, I feel sorry for you, but I think you are just taking the **** more than anything else.

Again, it's not a conspiracy.

It's what they're actually admitting to.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:24 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
You would be lowering the mortality rate which would reduce the concern to fear of death for those contracting. No one would care if we have 1,000,000,000,000,00 cases in the USA if the deaths were 50, its all about the deaths and this change would drive the mortality percentage lower.

In essence you would be providing evidence that the country should open up due to a dropping mortality rate. Virginia would be helping the Trump administration argument of re-opening by lowering the mortality rate and there is nothing to fear.

What we do know is the case and deaths are off, we have many more cases than known due to poor testing and more deaths due to lack of knowledge in February concerning stroke, blood clots, and heart attacks contributed to COVID-19.
That makes sense but they aren't talking about death much. They keep saying we need 14 straight days of less cases before re-opening.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:25 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
I’m here for family obligations, in case it was your business. I will not remain here after that. Any nice red states you would recommend for me? Preferably near a beach. Thanks!
Why your here is not the inquiry but all you do is post false statements which multiple posters have discredited with facts. I'm sure you can find something red that suits your taste maybe on the Gulf Coast they don't seem to worry much about health concerns...

Old 05-04-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why your here is not the inquiry but all you do is post false statements which multiple posters have discredited with facts. I'm sure you can find something red that suits your taste maybe on the Gulf Coast they don't seem to worry much about health concerns...
The panhandle of Florida or Alabama should work well. Similar policies that she favors are in place and the data on health, wealth inequality, social mobility, etc show clearly how such policies are a complete failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies