Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 12:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It's not offensive to me, in the least.
I say more power to that woman.

True journalists are few and far in between.
Most of what you see are just parrots and puppets.
If the public wants to call them out, I say go for it.
I'm not questioning her right to engage that person in a debate of ideas. Her "reasoning" and tactics were grossly misguided. She came across as a gross monster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 12:13 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Call them out, fine, but the reporter was not in anybody's face and was wearing a mask.

at least give her that.
Hi lilyflower,
The reporter's mask was part of the reason why the woman confronted the reporter.

Wearing the mask was part of the fear propaganda the reporter was engaged in, in the woman's perspective.

I didn't see where the woman was in the reporter's face. Maybe I missed that part, I just saw a woman confronting a typical puppet reporter.

Old 05-05-2020, 12:15 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not questioning her right to engage that person in a debate of ideas. Her "reasoning" and tactics were grossly misguided. She came across as a gross monster.
And that's YOUR perspective.
I didn't see the woman as "gross" or a "monster" at all.
Why is she gross?
She just seemed like a woman fed up with the nonsense and fed up with the propaganda.

Old 05-05-2020, 12:18 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Hi lilyflower,
The reporter's mask was part of the reason why the woman confronted the reporter.

Wearing the mask was part of the fear propaganda the reporter was engaged in, in the woman's perspective.

I didn't see where the woman was in the reporter's face. Maybe I missed that part, I just saw a woman confronting a typical puppet reporter.
The reporter's mask was part of the reason why the woman confronted the reporter?

well, I respect your opinion, but I doubt this is the reason. Even if this is the reason,

Mask, does not protect the reporter, the mask, prevents the reporter from infecting other people. So the reporter was acting responsibly. The protester, however, could easily be a silent corona virus carrier.

I get some people just don't take this illness seriously, but many do. So at least respect each other's boundaries.

If I saw a mask wearing person, I'd think they acted responsibly. I'd stay away from him/her. It's like a unwritten social contract: I see what you are doing, you do what you have to do. I will practice social distancing, and thank you for being responsible.
I don't know if masks are good enough to prevent spreading of the virus, but I don't believe wearing a mask makes situation worse.

This is just my .02

All these blah blah being said, I understand people have the right to protest; I certainly understand people need to go back to work, put food on the table, I even understand people need to go to the park, walk their dogs, go to the beach, etc, etc, etc. I understand all that. Maybe there is a better way to get her point across.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-05-2020 at 12:27 PM..

Old 05-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Hassle? Yes. Assault? No.
This is what crossing the line and assaulting a reporter looks like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=15p1i8USJs8

Old 05-05-2020, 12:27 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Why is she gross?
She just seemed like a woman fed up with the nonsense and fed up with the propaganda.
Of course it's my opinion.

If you want to hitch your wagon to that monster go right ahead. She came across as an uneducated slovenly bully.

Again, in my opinion.

Old 05-05-2020, 12:50 PM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Why is she gross?

No_Recess apparently thinks that fat shaming women is ok as long as he disagrees with her politically

Not misogynist at all.......

Old 05-05-2020, 12:55 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
In this clip, the woman is asking questions. She is not even yelling.
She is raising her voice, she is pointing, she is not keeping a respectful distance, with or without pandemic. That's assault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Some can dish it out but, can't take it!
Where did you see the reporter "dish it out"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Step one of the autocrat is deluding the people to believe only what he dictates, therefore swindling them to this type of knee-jerk reaction and indoctrinated phony position of feeling the real press is their enemy.
Astounding, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Don't like it when we point the HYPOCRISY, do you.
So ... then it's OK to bring up the whole birther nonsense, and effigies of Obama with a noose around his neck, stuff like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I didnt see the reporter backing off or asking for space and from the way she handled the mask it looked like her first time using one. It could also be that obnoxious finger wagger was hired by the news channel to stage the confrontation.
Oh, for crying out loud. The reporter was against a wall, and was approached by this woman pointing fingers, not letting the reporter get a word in edgewise.

Any suggestion that a TV news department would hire someone to stage a confrontation is beyond ridiculous. No one in the news business has the time or energy for such stupidity. Nevermind that WCMH is owned by Nexstar, which is not known for spending money on necessities, let alone frivolities.

The reporter's mask is irrelevant. At least she was wearing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Notice that reporters are getting younger and younger?

Less experienced, less life experience, less perspective, less ability to challenge, less confidence and 100% able to parrot what they are told. No questions asked.
Where is your journalism degree from?

That's the exact opposite of what young reporters do - they question everything, report everything (sometimes in painstaking and/or painful detail), analyze everything. Reporters come out of college and start their careers just like everyone else does. There's no age limit, one way or another.

Quote:
The reporter in question is a 20something piece of eye candy for a network affiliate in Columbus, Ohio. Not that any of the "old and respected" media have any credibility either.
Ageism. Awesome.

You're judging the reporter's credibility and credentials based on her looks and age? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Yeah, time for the reporter to back away six feet.
The reporter was stationary. The woman approached her, not the other way around. Time for that stupid woman to quit pointing fingers, back off, and put on a damn mask. It's not that hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The intellectual dishonesty on this forum is astounding. I've never seen a bunch of people with less character.
God help us, ain't that the truth?

Quote:
And it doesn't occur to you that it was the woman who was wrong, and not the reporter? The reporter is following the guidelines of medical experts. The woman is following her own delusions.

Quote:
I just saw a woman confronting a typical puppet reporter.
And you know she's a puppet ... how?

Quote:
Why is she gross?
She's gross because she's taking out her paranoid delusions on someone who is just standing there doing her job. Her behavior is inexcusable.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:01 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Of course it's my opinion.

If you want to hitch your wagon to that monster go right ahead. She came across as an uneducated slovenly bully.

Again, in my opinion.
She came across as a bully to me too. There is no reason to mock the reporter because she was shaking in fear.

Just the other day, when I took out the trash, I saw an elderly lady walking towards me. She stood there, didn't know what to do. I immediately stepped back because I knew she was afraid. While she walked very slooooooooooowly away from me, she smiled and waved her little hand. I assume this is her way of saying, "Thank you." This whole incident just made me sad, mad all at the same time. Life sucks, for so many of us.

many people (young or old) are very afraid of this virus, and they have damned good reasons to be afraid. It sucks that we all stuck in this situation. It is the uncertainly really is scary to me.

This virus certainly brought out the worst in many people.

This said, if she hasn't mocked the reporter for being afraid, I'd take her as another opinionated know-it-all, like every one of us on cd here, yeah, including me. lol But no, many of us are not bullies like her. Thank God for that!

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-05-2020 at 01:11 PM..

Old 05-05-2020, 01:14 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,152 times
There. Feel better after righting the unending wrongs of the world ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
She is raising her voice, she is pointing, she is not keeping a respectful distance, with or without pandemic. That's assault.

Where did you see the reporter "dish it out"?

Astounding, isn't it?

So ... then it's OK to bring up the whole birther nonsense, and effigies of Obama with a noose around his neck, stuff like that?

Oh, for crying out loud. The reporter was against a wall, and was approached by this woman pointing fingers, not letting the reporter get a word in edgewise.

Any suggestion that a TV news department would hire someone to stage a confrontation is beyond ridiculous. No one in the news business has the time or energy for such stupidity. Nevermind that WCMH is owned by Nexstar, which is not known for spending money on necessities, let alone frivolities.

The reporter's mask is irrelevant. At least she was wearing one.

Where is your journalism degree from?

That's the exact opposite of what young reporters do - they question everything, report everything (sometimes in painstaking and/or painful detail), analyze everything. Reporters come out of college and start their careers just like everyone else does. There's no age limit, one way or another.

Ageism. Awesome.

You're judging the reporter's credibility and credentials based on her looks and age? Seriously?

The reporter was stationary. The woman approached her, not the other way around. Time for that stupid woman to quit pointing fingers, back off, and put on a damn mask. It's not that hard.

God help us, ain't that the truth?

And it doesn't occur to you that it was the woman who was wrong, and not the reporter? The reporter is following the guidelines of medical experts. The woman is following her own delusions.

And you know she's a puppet ... how?

She's gross because she's taking out her paranoid delusions on someone who is just standing there doing her job. Her behavior is inexcusable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies