Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 10:07 AM

39,030 posts, read 27,446,042 times

Advertisements

We are at a point where contact tracing becomes impossible. Community spread is everywhere. We need to face the fact that even if some hospitals are not overwhelmed with dying covid-19 patients need to be put on the ventilators for over 20 days, most hospitals treat this covid-19 crap as the only disease out there anyway.

I was ALL FOR a martial law at the very beginning of the outbreak, lock everything down, let's suck it up for 2 months, and hopefully, we can get our lives back.

But now, I realized that our half-assed shelter in place cannot go on forever. Let's reopen our country, safely.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,914,900 times
Everyone with asthma, heart condition, diabetes, compromised immune system - not just the elderly are at risk.
And define elderly? 50, 60, 70.....

What group is Trump in.

There is no way that man isn't compromised...look at his weight.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
We are at a point where contact tracing becomes impossible. Community spread is everywhere. We need to face the fact that even if some hospitals are not overwhelmed with dying covid-19 patients need to be put on the ventilators for over 20 days, most hospitals treat this covid-19 crap as the only disease out there anyway.

I was ALL FOR a martial law at the very beginning of the outbreak, lock everything down, let's suck it up for 2 months, and hopefully, we can get our lives back.

But now, I realized that our half-assed shelter in place cannot go on forever. Let's reopen our country, safely.
Contact tracing experts don't seem to think it is impossible...in fact they are saying it is a necessity.

For me it seems to be an daunting task but they all say it is doable and very necessary.

5,312 posts, read 6,087,031 times
The idea that this was some worldwide conspiracy to get Trump out of office to where countries who have nothing to do with Trump would tank their own economy as well just to get him out of office really takes a special breed of stupid to believe.

As far as people wanting to open up to get the economy going again..Hate to break it to you but until there’s a vacinne there are still a lot of places people aren’t gonna go to yet. So the idea it will be back to business as usual if you open things up is wishful thinking.

35,496 posts, read 20,869,218 times
You put on a hat for the rain- and sun a coat or woollies for the cold weather - a scarf and gloves for freezing weather and sun screen for the pool or beach. Common sense right?
Are you happy Dr.s and nurses wear masks when they open your inners? Happy coal miners wear respirators ? Police wear heavy body armor - soldier helmets - the landscapers look like mummies near me, head to toe!
wear uniforms if the companies warrant it, buy KIDS school uniforms- but being asked to wear a 3 by 7 mask infuriates you?

Old 05-05-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Well I don't know what back woods part of the country you come from, but in the civilized world, there's abundant delivery options and have been for a while now.

Yes, some grandparents will have to stay isolated.....but that's not a reason to crash the economy and destroy the lives of 300+ million Americans. Of course, that's not all grandparents, my parents are grandparents and while their symptoms were considerably more severe than mine were, they dealt with COVID-19 just fine despite having several serious risk factors. It's simply nowhere near as deadly as people are making it out to be. For the most part all they needed was Mucinex and eventually they stepped it up and got some Robitussin AC to help with the cough. Toss in some Tylenol to deal with some mild fever every now and again and that's 100% of the treatment they required....and that's the case for most even in their age group.
Yes I live in a small community as many Americans do.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:13 AM

39,030 posts, read 27,446,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Contact tracing experts don't seem to think it is impossible...in fact they are saying it is a necessity.

For me it seems to be an daunting task but they all say it is doable and very necessary.
link please.

I want a link the "experts" are saying NOW contact tracing is possible when there are community spreading everywhere. NOW May 5th.

ALL articles I have been reading have said contacting tracing become impossible in their communities.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:13 AM

8,893 posts, read 2,513,067 times
Those who live out in the sticks are already at least risk for contracting COVID-19....so there's even less reason to destroy the economy and the lives of 300 million Americans simply to cater to a tiny minority population who is at risk and might need to stay home.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:17 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,128,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

It should be obvious that it is impossible. With an asymptomatic contagious period that averages 5-7 days (but can be up to 14 days), only in the most extreme lockdown could you trace everyone you had contact with.

Given that the virus can live on surfaces for several days, your "contact" may have been indirect and untraceable. If you touch an object like a door handle in public, there simply is no way to know who else touched that object.

And in some cases it is suspected of being airborne which means you need not have had proximate contact at all.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
link please.

I want a link the "experts" are saying NOW contact tracing is possible when there are community spreading everywhere. NOW May 5th.

ALL articles I have been reading have said contacting tracing become impossible in their communities.

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/04/24/conta...rystal-watson/ The United States, too, is gradually ramping up efforts—including a new hiring surge funded by the CDC, a Google/Apple tech partnership, and a statewide program in Massachusetts. In New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo is working with Bloomberg Philanthropies to launch a massive contact tracing program that will include online training from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

"In the absence of a vaccine, we think this is really the big public health tool we have to control transmission of COVID-19," says Crystal Watson, a lead author of the new report and assistant professor in the Bloomberg School. "We need to push hard for this."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies