Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 07:46 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I read an article today where Trump was saying that it was unfair to give aid to states run by Democratic governors. What?

Call me crazy, but when Trump took on the role of President of the United States, he pledged to be the President of ALL Americans. Isn't that correct?

That's Americans who are all colors, genders, religions, and yes, all geographic areas and political affiliations. The job is all inclusive.

For him to blatantly pick and choose who he wants to help in a time of a national crisis is unconscionable.

What happens when your personal life circumstances change and you wind up on Trump's "bad side?"

If he wants to pick certain Americans and openly abandon others, then that makes him invalid as the President of the United States.
So since the wealthy pays most of the taxes, we should get the most benefits? Sounds great when you say crap without having to think about what you are saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 07:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Perhaps "Americans" that deride, and openly scorn their POTUS, and actively work against his attempts to provide for the welfare of all Americans, should be considered "invalid Americans".

You know, like the fake media, and the almost half of the population that calls themselves Democrats.

Just sayin'

CN

Don't change the subject, it is a constitutional right for Americans to disagree with their politicians (freedom of speech). It is NOT in the constitution that Politicians can decide who gets the benefit of the tax dollars they pay.

Tell me where I'm factually wrong, and don't let your petty emotions get in the way of living by our Constitution.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:52 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I don't know which article you are referring to, but I have heard both he and others from the administration say repeatedly that loss of incomes and revenues resulting from actions taken to combat Covid-19 should be reimbursed (an attempt to make the state "whole"). What shouldn't be reimbursed are budget shortfalls (eg. unfunded pension liabilities) that existed for many years prior to the appearance of the virus.

Exactly .

The Devil is in the details......

States shouldn't get bailouts for their own stupidity and irresponsible spending policies that have nothing to do with the virus.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
I read an article today where Trump was saying that it was unfair to give aid to states run by Democratic governors. What?

Call me crazy, but when Trump took on the role of President of the United States, he pledged to be the President of ALL Americans. Isn't that correct?

That's Americans who are all colors, genders, religions, and yes, all geographic areas and political affiliations. The job is all inclusive.

For him to blatantly pick and choose who he wants to help in a time of a national crisis is unconscionable.

What happens when your personal life circumstances change and you wind up on Trump's "bad side?"

If he wants to pick certain Americans and openly abandon others, then that makes him invalid as the President of the United States.
I'm all for the federal Government treating the States equally. If one gets it, they all get it.
Same way for when they unconstitutionally get involved in governing the people directly. It should be equal, instead of picking winners & losers.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:55 AM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
The 'aid' they are refusing is to bailout blue state pensions.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:55 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Don't change the subject, it is a constitutional right for Americans to disagree with their politicians (freedom of speech). It is NOT in the constitution that Politicians can decide who gets the benefit of the tax dollars they pay.

Tell me where I'm factually wrong, and don't let your petty emotions get in the way of living by our Constitution.

They shouldn't be denied for their opinions.

They should be denied bailouts for their actions and policies that have nothing to do with the virus.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:00 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I don't know which article you are referring to, but I have heard both he and others from the administration say repeatedly that loss of incomes and revenues resulting from actions taken to combat Covid-19 should be reimbursed (an attempt to make the state "whole"). What shouldn't be reimbursed are budget shortfalls (eg. unfunded pension liabilities) that existed for many years prior to the appearance of the virus.
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rat-run-states

Quote:
Trump tweeted last week that he hoped future coronavirus legislation would include "fiscal relief to State/Local governments for lost revenues from COVID 19."
funds have already been given to states to fight the virus - testing, care, etc.

but Cuomo has also floated the idea that later funds should be parceled out based upon "how affected" a state was ... and guess who's had ~1/2 the entire US effect?

And no, the rest of us should not be bailing out IL's pension system

Old 05-05-2020, 08:05 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,223 times
This thread is invalid.

Has anyone else noticed that leftists are more and more unhinged as it becomes clear their presidential candidate is complete rubbish and the virus is not going to destroy Trump or America?

Look at the new threads today. Post after post of group-think from BizzaroLand. Trump doesn't believe in science! ... Trump's a narcissist! ... Trump blah blah blah.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:05 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:

Well, you'll get 4 more years of President Trump to confirm how invalid he is as President. Your President Trump does often say things to rile up TDS sufferers like yourself and to give his supporters something to laugh about....over and over.

Like all Presidents (including the Demigod Obama) Trump says things that he will do that he has zero power to do....those of us with intelligence realize they're lying.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:08 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rat-run-states

funds have already been given to states to fight the virus - testing, care, etc.

but Cuomo has also floated the idea that later funds should be parceled out based upon "how affected" a state was ... and guess who's had ~1/2 the entire US effect?

And no, the rest of us should not be bailing out IL's pension system
^^^ This. Trump is correct. We should not bail out the failed Democratic states. Help for Covid only....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies