Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 06:10 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

After reading the responses, I restored my faith in humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 06:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
You guys realize this guy was a "leftist" who is just trying to make conservatives look bad since conservatives don't believe in the mandatory mask thing.
The plot thickens.

The mad snotter has been charged...

Quote:
Rex Howard Gomoll of Linden faces misdemeanor charges of assault and battery, Jessica Cooper, the Oakland County prosecutor, told CNN.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/us/do...rnd/index.html

Old 05-05-2020, 11:48 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Last time I went to a Dollar Tree the cashier wasn't wearing a mask. That was a couple of weeks ago. I'm out of chicken sandwiches so maybe I will go tomorrow.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:27 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
That worker has a poor or slow reaction. What shirt do I wear now?
That's what I was thinking. Perhaps she was in shock that someone would actually do that.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:03 AM

366 posts, read 214,359 times
As others have said, that is an assault and in alot of instances could result in .....

Old 05-06-2020, 07:52 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
That's exactly what I'm thinking about, too.

Most men won't DARE show disrespect to a guy bigger than them, but some men think nothing of showing disrespect to a woman. Real "tough" guys.
I have lived most of my life as a bigger male, I understand the dynamics.

I have noticed that sometimes older men seem to lose track of that though. I'm not sure why.

I'm 58 now, but still 6'4", 255 lbs, and have paid attention to my fitness (a habit I picked up during my 22 years in the military).
My wife says she knows I am a teddy bear (I actually am) but that I scare or intimidate people sometimes without meaning to. It has been decades since somebody tried to start a problem with me, except for old men. I have certainly experienced older men do or say things to me that a younger guy likely wouldn't, even in their 80's, up to putting their hands on me.

The fact the guy in the store put his hands on that woman's shirt adds a dimension that is also disturbing. He seems a nasty creep and a bully.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:03 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You really want a judicial system that rules based on raw emotions rather than established laws and standard punishments.
You must think that when judges render a decision they do so separate from their emotions. All of our laws are built on layers of emotions, beliefs, and opinions. But then again there is a portion of the population that lacks the capacity to process and make logical sense of emotions, they're just not wired to have that component and because there are so many of them they **** it up for the rest of us that are whole.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:04 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
They should require that he also be tested for Covid-19 just as a spitter would be tested for AIDS which could elevate the charges. If the perpetrator’s actions could have caused death, the defendant may even face a charge of attempted murder or manslaughter.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:13 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You must think that when judges render a decision they do so separate from their emotions. All of our laws are built on layers of emotions, beliefs, and opinions. But then again there is a portion of the population that lacks the capacity to process and make logical sense of emotions, they're just not wired to have that component and because there are so many of them they **** it up for the rest of us that are whole.
Not at all. I absolutely realize although judges are suppose to put their biases aside and judge based on facts and guidelines of the law, that they are still human and emotion and bias will influence their opinions. Even so there are minimum and maximum punishments for particular crimes that they must stay within those or face consequences of their actions.

What is being suggested is that this person charged with a misdemeanor assault be given a harsher sentence than fits the crime based on their outrage or whim.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Just so nasty and ignorant. Some people don't belong out in public.
Or on planet earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies