Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 09:19 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Too late, many people know the main job of the Police is mainly as spies.....supplying digital-data to Fedgov's massive spying-supernetwork.
nah, police don't need to do that nowadays.

people are willingly to give up all their data through facebook, amazon, and tik-tok. all police need is a warrant to retrieve those data from facebook/amazon/tiktok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 10:01 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Nuremberg Trials were for highest ranking leaders in the Nazis party, not the low ranking foot soldiers in the German armed forces in WW2. If you want to use that analogy then go after the governors, Presidents, SCOTUS judges, Congress, and other high ranking officials in the US and state governments.

As for follow my own conscience, ok? Like I said in my previous post ALL cops have their own personal biases and life experiences because they are all human beings just like you. I worked with a deputy and he was really good with arresting DUI drivers. He had the highest DUI arrests 3 years straight. Found out that his youngest brother was killed by a DUI driver. I, on the other hand, never had anyone close to me killed by a DUI driver so I didn't give a crap about DUI drivers, but because the state law & agency policy dictates that the arrest will be made if the driver blow over .8, otherwise I would call taxi and cut driver lose.

Now you see the problem with following ones conscience instead of following the law & policy? Everybody, cops included, has their own conscience, biases, and personal life experiences.
It should apply to all human beings. We’re all responsible for our actions, even if we’re only doing it because someone told us to.

My point on following your conscience is that you’re not morally obligated to do something you believe is wrong. If you’re being told to do something you think is evil/immoral/criminal, don’t do it. The DUI example isn’t really a matter of being ordered to do something you’re morally opposed to.

Old 05-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
It should apply to all human beings. We’re all responsible for our actions, even if we’re only doing it because someone told us to.

My point on following your conscience is that you’re not morally obligated to do something you believe is wrong. If you’re being told to do something you think is evil/immoral/criminal, don’t do it. The DUI example isn’t really a matter of being ordered to do something you’re morally opposed to.
DUI example is just one of many examples of personal biases and life experiences with people and cops.

I worked for 10,000 sworn agency so that means there are 10,000 different people with their own biases and life experiences. There will be 10,000 ways to enforce laws. How do you enforce law effectively, uniformly, fairly, and equally when you enforce laws 10,000 ways? You can't. That's why there are law and policy as your guidelines.

Old 05-07-2020, 10:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Once we allowed them to have power, you cannot imagine how many casualties it will take to, get it back from them.
People are kept stupid and passive for a good reason.

Old 05-07-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
DUI example is just one of many examples of personal biases and life experiences with people and cops.

I worked for 10,000 sworn agency so that means there are 10,000 different people with their own biases and life experiences. There will be 10,000 ways to enforce laws. How do you enforce law effectively, uniformly, fairly, and equally when you enforce laws 10,000 ways? You can't. That's why there are law and policy as your guidelines.
None of that means you’re not responsible for your actions when you follow orders.

I’ll go back to the Nazis because it’s an example everyone knows. Are you saying the Nazi officers should have done what they did because they were ordered to?

My entire point is that they shouldn’t have rounded up innocent people and thrown them in death camps just because it was their job...even if it meant that some officers were enforcing the law and others weren’t. Don’t do it just because “that’s the law, and we can’t have anyone just picking and choosing what they enforce”.

Old 05-07-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
None of that means you’re not responsible for your actions when you follow orders.

I’ll go back to the Nazis because it’s an example everyone knows. Are you saying the Nazi officers should have done what they did because they were ordered to?

My entire point is that they shouldn’t have rounded up innocent people and thrown them in death camps just because it was their job...even if it meant that some officers were enforcing the law and others weren’t. Don’t do it just because “that’s the law, and we can’t have anyone just picking and choosing what they enforce”.
Show me proof that Nuremberg Trials convicted frontline German soldiers?

There is a reason why Nuremberg Trials only go after the highest ranking Nazis officials, not foot soldiers in the German armed forces in WW2. If you are going to use that comparison, then you should after Presidents, SCOTUS judges, Congressmen, Senators, and other high ranking US and state government officials.....not the frontline cops.

Yes, the frontline cops in America and German soldiers in WW2 are just doing their jobs.

Old 05-07-2020, 01:57 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" and all-caps indicate lack of confidence, and who put YOU in charge?

"For emphasis, writers can vary the look of their text in a number of ways with bold, italics, underlining, and all-caps"

"All caps

In typography, all caps (short for "all capitals") refers to text or a font in which all letters are capital letters, for example: Text in All Caps. "All caps" may be used for emphasis (for a word or phrase)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps

How does that crow taste?
It's the on-line equivalent of banging the lectern. And you when and why orators do that, right?

Old 05-07-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Show me proof that Nuremberg Trials convicted frontline German soldiers?

There is a reason why Nuremberg Trials only go after the highest ranking Nazis officials, not foot soldiers in the German armed forces in WW2. If you are going to use that comparison, then you should after Presidents, SCOTUS judges, Congressmen, Senators, and other high ranking US and state government officials.....not the frontline cops.

Yes, the frontline cops in America and German soldiers in WW2 are just doing their jobs.
So you believe the frontline Nazis should have rounded up the Jews and gassed them because that was their job...they shouldn’t have disobeyed...

If so, we’re never going to agree on this.

Old 05-07-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
So you believe the frontline Nazis should have rounded up the Jews and gassed them because that was their job, correct?
quote me where I said "I believe the frontline Nazis should have rounded up the jews"

I said the frontline foot soldiers in German Army were only doing their job.

the people who responsible for the holocaust were the Nazis high ranking officials.

would you like me to give you a link to learn more about the Nuremberg trials?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_trials

Quote:
The Nuremberg trials (German: Nürnberger Prozesse) were a series of military tribunals held after World War II by the Allied forces under international law and the laws of war. The trials were most notable for the prosecution of prominent members of the political, military, judicial, and economic leadership of Nazi Germany, who planned, carried out, or otherwise participated in the Holocaust and other war crimes. The trials were held in Nuremberg, Germany, and their decisions marked a turning point between classical and contemporary international law.

Old 05-07-2020, 04:10 PM

1,665 posts, read 973,349 times
For starters.... Innocence until proven guilty. Not guilty until you can prove innocence.

Uphold the law, don't be above it. What do I mean? Illegal U Turns into traffic, just to catch a speeder or red light runner. Travel the speed limit posted. Don't speed and it not be be ok with it if we're speeding. Why maintain a high speed chase? Let them go. They'll slow down. (Hopefully) All that is doing is putting the other drivers, pedestrians, and others in harm's way. In some cases, fatalities happen during those chases. Is a life lost equal to catching someone that broke the law, sometimes for simple traffic violation? Also being as narcs and hookers. So you'll engage in crime just to catch a drug dealer, or buyer, or a horny old man trying to score some tail?

Also some cops needs people lessons. To learn how to DEAL with the public instead of making things worse. I've met my share of bullies with a badge and each encounter was filmed. Each and every time I have an encounter with police, there are some that are respectable, and others are called out on their sour attitudes. Even brought video to their captains, chiefs, even mayors and well, the sour ones didn't like the outcome.

I can understand they all want to go home, they all have bad days, but come on. We all do and we have to push through the rough times and move ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies