Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 08:29 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,049,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
I don’t get it. When people that in friends with post something I don’t agree with I just scroll by. I post a few things where I was angry about cancellations and I feel this lockdown is more about control and my friends texts me to tell me her husband and daughter are upset by my posts. She had to talk them down. They no longer want to associate with me. Over a few FB posts? It’s so disheartening. Some of them post they wish republicans get the virus....it’s annoying but I would never be triggered.
Sorry, you have weird friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 09:57 PM

10,211 posts, read 15,914,912 times
I've not lost any friends over this. Honestly, first of all, my social circle is nearly entirely Republican based on where I'm from and where I've lived and who my family is, so there were never many Democrats to begin with.

In the past they've already unfriended me over posts about illegal immigration, abortion, and gay marriage and those were people I met in college from other states. I really don't know a single non-black person in Louisiana or West Virginia who would stop being friends over someone being conservative or pro-Trump because in that case they would be left with zero friends and probably will have to disown their family. Here in the South, outside the black community, we don't talk about the crazy Trump supporting family member, we talk about the crazy insane liberal in the family....

I'm actually more open minded that people think, I don't mind being friends with a liberal if they don't impose their views on me, the only situation is something extreme, like I really would unfriend someone if they actually worked for Planned Parenthood or took a job in an abortion clinic or actively assisted in illegal immigration.

Having said this, I'm kind of quiet on the Chinese Virus compared to other issues since I also work in health care. Most of my family and friends in other fields totally are against wearing masks, etc and I also don't think they should be mandatory, but I actually do support our liberal governor's stay at home order though it probably doesn't need to be statewide since the rural parishes should be exempt. But among my friends it does seem like whether you wear a mask or not shows if you are pro-Trump or anti-Trump. I can personally believe in masks and social distancing without believing it should be dictated by the government.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:57 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,900,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Great article.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:18 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
I don’t get it. When people that in friends with post something I don’t agree with I just scroll by. I post a few things where I was angry about cancellations and I feel this lockdown is more about control and my friends texts me to tell me her husband and daughter are upset by my posts. She had to talk them down. They no longer want to associate with me. Over a few FB posts? It’s so disheartening. Some of them post they wish republicans get the virus....it’s annoying but I would never be triggered.
Wow, she had to talk them down? Wishing republicans get the virus?

They don't sound like nice people anyway. Especially when they wish the virus on republicans. No one should wish it on anyone, left or right.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:07 AM

11,443 posts, read 625,292 times
I have had several people get very mad/angry if I try to explain things to them or say anything that goes against this MSM story.........

Its very sad.... They are being lied to and controlled and no one can try to help them!!

Old 05-06-2020, 04:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Losing a Facebook friend? Is that like losing Monopoly money?

Old 05-06-2020, 04:45 AM

208 posts, read 210,241 times

Sounds like they weren't really friends to begin with.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:49 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Facebook, and much of Social Media is a cesspool. There is no reason to participate in that crap. Set up your own contact list of people in which you want to keep up and if you must take selfies of you on the toilet, then share them that way.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:41 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,276,052 times
Quote:
Just an FYI, liberals and/or Democrats have been brainwashed to believe that conservatives and/or Republicans are actually evil people. The mainstream media and Hollywood have convinced them of this.

Of course the opposite of this is that we believe liberals and/or Democrats are bleeding-hearted morons, so there's that.

Piece of advice, don't put anything political of FB and block the liberal morons who put things on FB as well.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Never unfriended people in life or on social media about their politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies