Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 04:34 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,600,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Who brainwashed you to call everyone who doesn't think like you a moron.

I may not agree with your politics but I would never call you a moron because you have different views.
Morons: People who wish people on the other side of the political isle gets Covid-19 (left or right).

Morons: People who have to be "talked down" over a post they don't agree with (left or right).

If they hadn't been "talked down" what were they going to do? Go and beat OP up?, yea, that's a moron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 09:32 PM

10,121 posts, read 15,802,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
What about conservative Republicans who hire illegals. Very common, including the President.
If indeed illegals helped in the construction of Trump Tower or cleaned hotel rooms at the Taj that was wrong but that was beyond Trump's own knowledge. Just like when there were illegal contractors working at Walmart, the Walton family didn't directly hire those people, it was mistakes made by people lower in the chain of command that tasks had been delegated to. I highly doubt Trump would have personally knowingly allowed illegals to work in his businesses.

The reason Trump was able to run so many businesses so successfully is because he was able to delegate a lot of the day to day operations to others. Maybe we should look at how many illegals worked for Mike Bloomberg or George Soros.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:49 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,530,815 times
[quote=Tom Lennox 70;58043108]If indeed illegals helped in the construction of Trump Tower or cleaned hotel rooms at the Taj that was wrong but that was beyond Trump's own knowledge. Just like when there were illegal contractors working at Walmart, the Walton family didn't directly hire those people, it was mistakes made by people lower in the chain of command that tasks had been delegated to. I highly doubt Trump would have personally knowingly allowed illegals to work in his businesses.

The reason Trump was able to run so many businesses so successfully is because he was able to delegate a lot of the day to day operations to others. Maybe we should look at how many illegals worked for Mike Bloomberg or George Soros.

Nope. They don't have to be the HR person in order to be responsible. They are responsible for setting policy for their companies. That is part of delegating as head of the chain of command. I think you know that. And yes, it applies to them all, D or R.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:44 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,088,225 times
I've unfriended one person ever on FB, a woman I've known since I was 8-years-old. She posted a video of her 2-year-old on FB; naked, sitting on a coffee table in the living room, playing with and literally eating her own feces. She and her husband could be heard laughing on the video and kept recording rather than doing anything about it. My wife in a reply to the post questioned why they permitted this, let alone posted a video of it, for which she was viciously shamed by nearly 30 people neither of us knew, for not having had a child of her own yet. One person commented that they hoped my wife was impregnated via rape so she could know the struggle of parenting. Our mutual (former) friend laughed in response. Truly sick and totally out of character for the woman we thought we knew.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:10 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,776,673 times
Last election cycle, I lost friends due to criticism of Clinton even though i wasn't pro-Trump. A lot of people these days think in binary when it comes to socio-political issues. It's sad.

Old 05-07-2020, 07:46 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,630,927 times
Yesterday people were posting that Plandemic video and everyone who posted it, a swarm of left-wingers came in and called it a "MAGA Conspiracy Video" and were cussing out the people who posted it.

I mean, who knows if what she posted is 100% legit in that video. But to curse someone out for simply posting a video link, to me, is peak insanity.

Also, I think the term conspiracy theory lost its merit and is the new "racist". Having a different pov isn't a conspiracy. It's having another point of view.

This is coming from a classical liberal.

Old 05-07-2020, 07:47 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,630,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Last election cycle, I lost friends due to criticism of Clinton even though i wasn't pro-Trump. A lot of people these days think in binary when it comes to socio-political issues. It's sad.
Hah same here. I had friends who got mad at me because I wouldn't go out of my way to worship Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies