Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 03:28 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And yet you can't tell me what Trump was even accused of. The impeachment mess kinda meandered from one thing to another because they really didn't have anything criminal and they really wanted to impeach Trump over an actual crime.

Remember when the Dems lost their damn minds over Kavanaugh and people like me kept saying, "This is a bad idea and it's going to come back to bite them in the butt." The Democrats have set the standard that you can impeach over anything you want. There is no minimum standard. Well this too is going to end up biting the Dems in the butt. If the Republicans actually have the balls, whenever they regain control of the House they should impeach every Democrat leader 10 times per year as a matter of course.

This is why I ask the obvious question: What great and terrible thing do you think Trump did? If the Democrats already did exactly the same thing or worse, and they got away with it, then was impeaching Trump really legit?

Just as soon as the GOP regains the House, they're going to throw this back in the Dems faces and it'll be 100% deserved. I'd have preferred it if the Dems hadn't opened this stupid can of worms though. It's all such a pathetic waste of time and energy. These idiots have a country to run and all they wanna do is play a bunch of stupid games.
Don't worry about what I know - I know lots of things. I know what Trump was accused of doing vis-a-vis Ukraine. I know you claimed the whsitleblower was not being truthful for partisan reasons. I even know that you are utterly unable to support your claim with a single fact, so you're ranting about things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Like I said, I know plenty of things.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:32 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So what you're saying is that you are great at ranting about tangents but when actually asked to back up your claim that the whistleblower was a partisan who fabricated allegations in his complaint with factual support, you have nothing? That's pretty much what I suspected.
well... we have seen other 'wistleblowers' that turned out to be partisan hacks... with no real information just bloviating carp.

then there are the facts surrounding this incident.... the Presidents CHIEF FREAKING SCIENTIST WAS ON TELEVISION ON MARCH THE 9TH SAYING YOUNG PEOPLE ARE SAVE TO GO ON CRUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this entire thread is a leftist dream and another PROG LIE. no one who has power and authority, backed by scientific credientials was saying anything in January that Trump dismissed. period.

not even a discussion point here. just libs saying the same dumb stuff they have been saying since Trump got elected.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Don't worry about what I know - I know lots of things. I know what Trump was accused of doing vis-a-vis Ukraine. I know you claimed the whsitleblower was not being truthful for partisan reasons. I even know that you are utterly unable to support your claim with a single fact, so you're ranting about things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Like I said, I know plenty of things.

"I know plenty of things"

LOL

at

not with

Old 05-06-2020, 03:36 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
The executive in charge (the president) didn't take a subordinate's advice, so the subordinate is butthurt and seeking political revenge.

That's what I took away from the article.

Remove politics from it and this is just a disgruntled worker.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:50 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Why not humor me and tell me what you think Trump did that was worth of impeachment? Is your case so weak that you're too embarrassed to explain it?

What we do know for certain that should have abruptly ended things: Eric Ciarmella was reporting on hearsay. He didn't actually know anything of significance. It certainly did make it clear how desperate and pathetic the Dems are, seeing them run with nothing but hearsay.

They also didn't accuse Trump of a crime. Just, "We don't like you and we don't like what you did." It's the most ridiculous standard for impeachment fathomable.

But please enlighten me on all the terrible things that big mean ole Trump did, cuz I don't think you've got any idea.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Why not humor me and tell me what you think Trump did that was worth of impeachment? Is your case so weak that your too embarrassed to explain it?

What we do know for certain that should have abruptly ended things: Eric Ciarmella was reporting on hearsay. He didn't actually know anything of significance. It certainly did make it clear how desperate and pathetic the Dems are, seeing them run with nothing but hearsay.

They also didn't accuse Trump of a crime. Just, "We don't like you and we don't like what you did." It's the most ridiculous standard for impeachment fathomable.

But please enlighten me on all the terrible things that big mean ole Trump did, cuz I don't think you've got any idea.
Which part of the whistleblower's hearsay-based complaint turned out to be incorrect?

You can rant and rave all you want about hearsay and bias, but if the contents of the complaint are true, those things matter not one iota.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:53 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
He said despite repeated warnings, the Trump administration dithered

Tell us exactly, in no uncertain terms, what should have been done, step-by-step.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:02 PM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
When in history did a President completely shut down the economy over a novel virus that has a mortality rate of less than 0.5%?

The administration's response was overkill. I disagreed with it at the time and I still disagree with it. Seemingly you agree with it, yet all you do is bash Trump. Hyperpartisans like you are so sadly predictable. Even though Trump did what you wanted you still attack him.
It wasn't so much the mortality rate but the rate at which covid19 spreads that made it different. It could effectively shut down a city if a large percentage of people got the Flu or Pneumonia.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Which part of the whistleblower's hearsay-based complaint turned out to be incorrect?

You can rant and rave all you want about hearsay and bias, but if the contents of the complaint are true, those things matter not one iota.

what part was wrong? all of it.

list one part that wasn't incorrect

Old 05-06-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
what part was wrong? all of it.

list one part that wasn't incorrect
Every factual allegation in there was corroborated. Indeed, almost all of it was corroborated by the transcript released by the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies