Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2020, 09:50 AM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times

Advertisements

One of the issues that is brought up to discredit Mikovitz is that she 'stole' company property ie the labtop and drive I think it was and/or proprietary information. But why were charges dropped. Setting aside proprietary information for a minute isn't possession of stolen property a low level felony in some places let alone the dollar value of a research computer and accessories. Why wasn't Mikovitz taken to court on those charges alone. To me if the company really wanted to discredit her what not a better way than to label her a convicted criminal, they would've had more leverage.

One must ask what was she threatening- to claim some kind of whistle blower status? Was the company trying to control a narrative rather than potential money in that research? One must ask what leverage did Mikovitz hold that she was able to avoid what should've been slam dunk charges & conviction.

Old 05-10-2020, 11:03 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
But why were charges dropped.
The same reason a lot of companies won't prosecute embezzlers.

As a third-party to prosecution, it is not free. It costs money. In this instance, tax-payer money. Also, after the judge threw out her lawsuit for failing to comply with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and in spite of being given two chances to amend her complaint to conform to Twombly and Iqbal she refused to do so, and to demonstrate how a federal court in California had jurisdiction over Nevada defendants, the charges were dropped in lieu of further legal action.

Old 05-10-2020, 11:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
One of the issues that is brought up to discredit Mikovitz is that she 'stole' company property ie the labtop and drive I think it was and/or proprietary information. But why were charges dropped. Setting aside proprietary information for a minute isn't possession of stolen property a low level felony in some places let alone the dollar value of a research computer and accessories. Why wasn't Mikovitz taken to court on those charges alone. To me if the company really wanted to discredit her what not a better way than to label her a convicted criminal, they would've had more leverage.

One must ask what was she threatening- to claim some kind of whistle blower status? Was the company trying to control a narrative rather than potential money in that research? One must ask what leverage did Mikovitz hold that she was able to avoid what should've been slam dunk charges & conviction.
She was arrested before she was charged. Give that some thought. And then they gagged her for 5 years. She could not talk about ANY OF IT for 5 years. Why?

There is a LOT to her story that people aren't even looking at. Because they have defaulted to the opinions of the MSM .... rather than looking into it themselves.

That whole thing about a horse and water ... applies here.

Old 05-10-2020, 12:09 PM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The same reason a lot of companies won't prosecute embezzlers.

As a third-party to prosecution, it is not free. It costs money. In this instance, tax-payer money. Also, after the judge threw out her lawsuit for failing to comply with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and in spite of being given two chances to amend her complaint to conform to Twombly and Iqbal she refused to do so, and to demonstrate how a federal court in California had jurisdiction over Nevada defendants, the charges were dropped in lieu of further legal action.

I see what you are saying but I can't believe a possession charge of stolen property would be that elaborate. Not talking trade secrets just the physical possession of stolen property. They had physical evidence and probably some kind of security footage. They could've worked from there.

Old 05-10-2020, 12:53 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,357,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I’ve heard of Mikovits years ago. Everything she said in the documentary is what she said in a few videos of hers I’ve watched back in 2015 or so. She’s definitely not anti-vaxx at all. (I stumbled at her work BECAUSE I had a friend who was actually anti-vaxx and was trying to show her how some vaccines are good and some are bad)Had I not seen her stuff back then, I wouldn’t be making this post.

Funny how all of the info discrediting her only came out the past week. Seen so many memes of her this week, when a month ago, no one cared about her.

Maybe you shouldn’t trust everything you read on the internet. But for the people against her, they sure do want to discredit her so badly.

It’s just another perspective. That’s all this video presented. Take it or leave it. But I find it soooooo funny that people are trying SO hard to discredit this video. Why?

Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube have all but banned this video and anyone linking it. It’s been removed so much that people are now on Bichute and the plandemic site to check it out. I’ve seen several people in my timeline who’d I’d never expect to share it, now share it. Because instead of ignoring it, it’s made MORE circulation by the big 3 deleting it and outlets like CNN going out their way to discredit it.

Surely if it’s all just conspiracy theory and fake....why try so hard to make sure people don’t see it and discredit it? Why not just ignore it like zillions of other conspiracy videos out there?

Think, people.
That's the thing about people who are so eager to want to censor (both on the left AND right!) opinions they don't like and/or are very uncomfortable.

It makes others think they are trying to hide something...

Not to mention the MSM/tech companies/government have been caught blatantly lying so many times...

Regarding vaccines, it is kinda suspicious that the vaccine manufactures are actually NOT liable to lawsuits from any potential damages or even deaths that may arise them! They get government protection from them and there is a separate fund specifically for those cases.

Old 05-10-2020, 12:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Yes people are that stupid. Did you forget all the stupid people that ingested Lysol after the presidents comments?
So, using the same analogy, Lysol was taken off the shelf.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:00 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Fauci is a long term Bureaucrat, Democrat supporter and friends with ALL the wrong people (Leftists, Globalists, Progressives all)
Bet he interacts with Freemasons, Bilderbergers and the Illuminati also, right?

Old 05-10-2020, 01:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
They have a point. How many people have watched this and are unable to use their critical thinking skills? How many people have watched this and believed it book, chapter and verse - without doing any of their own fact checking or reading other viewpoints.

There are dozens of them right in this thread. *ahem*

Less people, than were led by Rachel Madcow by the nose, with Fake News for the last 4 years, of Trump.
Russia, Russia, Russia. Look who was unable to use their critical thinking skill all the while silent on the truth.
That is the difference in telling a story, and reporting the story.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:25 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, using the same analogy, Lysol was taken off the shelf.
No, the analogy is that people are stupid enough to believe everything and in order to protect the company from liability they must enforce rules or warnings. In Lysol’s case they have warnings on all of their products.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:40 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
She was arrested before she was charged. Give that some thought. And then they gagged her for 5 years. She could not talk about ANY OF IT for 5 years. Why?

There is a LOT to her story that people aren't even looking at. Because they have defaulted to the opinions of the MSM .... rather than looking into it themselves.

That whole thing about a horse and water ... applies here.
The above are Mikovits' claims that have each been credibly and frequently revealed as, shall we say, misrepresentations of the truth and facts. What the heck, let's just call them what they are: lies. Mikovits is, after all, lying again and shamefully manufacturing conspiracies to smear and undermine the esteemed, Dr. Fauci, who is currently focused on critical research aimed at ending the COVID-19 pandemic and preventing further deaths.

A lot of her story that people aren't "looking at", you say? There indeed is a lot of her story that she does not want people to look at. And it is called the truth. A criminal complaint from November 2011 shows she was charged with two felonies. Documented in black & white. Look it up. Here are a few more "parts of her story". As opposed to her claims, these are verifiable:

*records from the prosecutor in Washoe County, Nev., where she was charged with stealing a computer, flash drives and other property with data and materials from her former lab at the Whittemore Peterson Institute.

*signed affidavit from a fellow co-worker at the institute stating he removed notebooks from the lab and stored them in his mother’s garage before delivering them to Mikovits. " Mikovits informed me that she was hiding out on a boat to avoid being served with papers from [the Whittemore Peterson Institute],” the employee said in the affidavit.

* from California to Nevada to federal court and more there is a long trail of legal mess that is reviewable.

*authored and published a controversial 2009 study linking a retrovirus to chronic fatigue syndrome that had to be retracted in 2011 after labs were unable to replicate the results and her "sloppy" manipulated data and other manufactured issues were brought to light.

Your tired old MSM opinion accusations are hogwash. Your gal Mikovits refused to be interviewed by the NYT, the Washington Post, Science Magazine, The Wall Street Journal and others, this week, as she promoted the latest grimy hocus pocus for the easily manipulated crowd. She would not produce any legal documentation or paperwork or authentic science reviews to back up her claims and so called research: aka conspiracy theories. No one else in the scientific community is able to replicate her phony conclusions. She did not want to discuss the records and evidence the credible journalists had in hand.

All of which I have cited and provided in numerous threads and in other responses to you and those who prolifically demand that we rational folks must believe those who insensibly twist facts to suit theories.Conspiracy theories.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-10-2020 at 02:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies