Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 06:25 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Please cite a specific statement or policy indicating that President Trump is racist toward blacks or Asians. Many who post comments on this forum do so in bumper sticker fashion, like your statement. Do you have the intellectual acumen to move beyond unsubstantiated one liners?
When I decide to debate a point, I debate a point. In this case, I preferred a joke to make a point. You’re free to read past my comments or block me if you wish. No one forces you to read. Didn’t realize I needed to ask your views before posting my comments. Carry on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 06:27 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is all fine and good. The problem is is that when you're 16 yrs old we often don't have enough sense to conduct ourselves correctly and the lizard brain kicks in when it comes to sex. Factor in the raging hormones and it's a bad combination.

Factor in not having supportive male figure in the house and it gets worse, black, white whatever. The numbers bear this out. Young men need a strong male figure, preferable a dad, but anyone is great. It's why sports and coaches and all of that help to provide direction.

Young boys have been sorta left behind and in some cases their unfocused aggressions have been vilified to some degree. Young men aren't being done right by in a lot of cases.

Not just young black men either.
I was 16 once. I made it through my teens without ever having sex. I've made it to my 30s without having sex. I'm 34 and still, no sex. I had raging hormones. Guess what I did? I had better things to do than have sex. I read books, ran track, rode a bicycle, did other things with my life. I know I sound a bit blunt, and kind of cold. However, that is my perspective. And yes, not having a father or male figure to support this kind of lifestyle is a big factor.

I know young boys are being left behind. My message was suppose to be for everyone, male and female. I think young boys are being left behind because, sadly, alot of people don't really care.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:40 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Former President Obama chastised Black men and told them to stand up and be fathers. Not even Black men got upset when he said that. Meanwhile, he called Black women the "backbone of the Black community".
Maybe he should have said it a few more times, or cut off their welfare checks.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Have any of you factored this into that stat on black illegitimacy?
Curious how you came across an 11 year old article.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:56 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hopefully, more Blacks are getting sick and tired of being told by Democrats (Progressives) they AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH or smart enough to make it in society and need constant Government HELP. Condescending isn't the word. It is Racist Pandering and using the Black Community to create more Big Government, More Control and More Dependency.
I've worked with blacks who are closet conservatives. Before I retired there was a black man I worked with and we had a candid conversation when Obama got elected. He is a devout Catholic and not a fan of Obama for the same reasons most conservatives weren't fans of Obama. I asked him how his family dealt with his views and he shook his head and said they just don't talk about it because it never ends well for him.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's about staying together and raising your kids vs out of wedlock. Although they are somewhat related.

The rate of single parenthood among blacks has skyrocketed. From 30% single parent families to 70%. Welfare incentivizes single parenthood. And it wasn't during the Depression that single parenthood sky rocketed. It happened after 1965 and the war on poverty. Which is an absolute failure.

And yes FDR continued the bigoted ways of the klan loving democrats. He was big on handouts. But mainly for whites. Blacks got some handouts and some was better than nothing. Granted it wasn't better than working and providing for ones family. And nothing was what blacks had. No doubt whites lost more but they didn't loose everything they had like blacks did.
LBJ's Great Society. I'm from the government and I'm here to help you................

Old 05-06-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
At home they call then chinks or gooks.
And you know this is factual because? I'm a Trump supporter. I have children who are half Asian. I have close friends who are Asian, some born in the U.S., some who became citizens, legally. Three of them came from communist countries and are staunchly conservative. Quit being the redneck you assume all conservatives are.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:13 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Maybe he should have said it a few more times, or cut off their welfare checks.
Cutting off the welfare checks wouldn't have worked. Not even the threat of child support works. When there are men who have a "hit it and quit it" mentality and women who don't respect me and think in terms "I don't need a man", what can you do with that? Not even taking welfare away would work.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:28 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
The percentage of of African American babies born out of wedlock is not really significant by itself. Any social problem in America affects black people twice as much as it does whites.
"Recent estimates show that about 40 percent of births in the United States occur outside of marriage, "
https://www.childtrends.org/publicat...ucation-levels

Social science has studied this and none of the scholarship agrees on why there is an increase among all women.
Welfare benefits can go down and out of wedlock births still increase.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Yes . The Trumpistadors love everyone SOOOO much they must carry loaded automatic weapons to express their desires. Im sure Asians are looking forward to the next group that earns Trumps ire.
So all Trump supporters carry loaded automatic weapons? Let us use deductive reasoning to work through this.

Nobody, with the possible exception of criminals and possibly law enforcement SWAT types (I don't know because I don't work in law enforcement) carry automatic weapons. The U.S. military has access to automatic weapons. Having spent 10 years on active duty in the U.S. military, I can tell you that the firing of any automatic weapon outside of a combat zone is tightly controlled in very specified training spaces.

Asians. What possible reason would Trump target Asians for his alleged "racism", which you have yet to establish with any empirical data?

Waiting anxiously for your reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies