Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2020, 05:33 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Seems like a defeat for the rule of law.
Which law is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 06:04 AM

1,066 posts, read 629,378 times
I hate go fund me so much, this was a con job. Fools get loaded.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:05 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Weird how there are attacks on Democrats about a subject where the county voted 68.5% for Trump, and the state is run by Republicans as well.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:07 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Since always. Refusing to admit guilt/show remorse is always taken into account. It's a big deal for those wrongfully convicted. To be put in the position of a longer sentence for refusing to show remorse for something they didn't do.
Why should she "show remorse" for doing what is right? Should Rosa Parks have apologized, admitted guilt and shown remorse for violating an unjust law? Should MLK have done so for the multitude of unjust laws he violated to bring civil rights to the forefront? This is the same situation. The protest to these tyrannical governor's orders is the civil rights movement of our time. Those in power are showing just how petty and petulant they get when the citizens question their a-tho-tay.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why should she "show remorse" for doing what is right? Should Rosa Parks have apologized, admitted guilt and shown remorse for violating an unjust law? Should MLK have done so for the multitude of unjust laws he violated to bring civil rights to the forefront? This is the same situation. The protest to these tyrannical governor's orders is the civil rights movement of our time. Those in power are showing just how petty and petulant they get when the citizens question their a-tho-tay.
Can't rep you again.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:19 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Which law is that?
The stay-at-home order that was issued and was legally binding under the authority of the order. That is a law while in effect. If one believes it is wrong, one can argue the merits of that legitimately. I am not arguing that it is correct or incorrect one way or another, simply that we don't get to ignore laws because we don't like them.

If one believes in the rule of law, we don't get to apply and enforce the law in a hodgepodge way and that law must be applied and enforced equally across the board.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:22 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Anyone else have an issue with the governor "calling for her release"? You're the governor-order her release, commute the sentence, and arrest the power hungry, petulant little judge and put him/her in jail for the duration of the CV "emergency".

Old 05-07-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The stay-at-home order that was issued and was legally binding under the authority of the order. That is a law while in effect. If one believes it is wrong, one can argue the merits of that legitimately. I am not arguing that it is correct or incorrect one way or another, simply that we don't get to ignore laws because we don't like them.

If one believes in the rule of law, we don't get to apply and enforce the law in a hodgepodge way and that law must be applied and enforced equally across the board.
As others have said, we have a responsibility to bring attention to Unconstitutional (illegal) laws as this woman did. They judge is a Far Left activist, control freak who thinks he is ROYALTY. The arbitrary declaration by government of what businesses are "essential" what are "non-essential" is utterly RIDICULOUS and also unconstitutional.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:33 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
To be fair, the people supporting her support the right to work and she is not personally sympathetic to me, she is lying about feeding hungry children and I suspect her stylists are collecting unemployment and not going hungry either as she stated. She made it seem like she was rescuing a bunch of people from starvation, and I don't like liars.

However, there are people going hungry over this and the government dicked around with getting money out, allowed the PPP to get raided by big corporations, and I do have sympathy for (as an example) the Barber in another state that said we have no stimulus (haven't gotten it yet) no loan, no unemployment. HE really has to open to feed his family and if walmart can be open, then it isn't right to kill off all the small businesses. I hope he doesn't get arrested.
Let me guess, the barber in the other state is black? In some people’s minds, white people are too privileged to feel sorry for. I don’t know if that’s you, but it sure is the other poster’s position. Just because Luther is blonde and has a nice house doesn’t mean her claim isn’t valid or she isn’t suffering from losing her business or being deemed “non-essential.”

Old 05-07-2020, 06:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Let me guess, the barber in the other state is black? In some people’s minds, white people are too privileged to feel sorry for. I don’t know if that’s you, but it sure is the other poster’s position. Just because Luther is blonde and has a nice house doesn’t mean her claim isn’t valid or she isn’t suffering from losing her business or being deemed “non-essential.”
But Katygirl, SHE WENT ON A CRUISE! BURN HER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies