Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 10:56 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The 2nd Amendment is not for African Americans. It never was and never will be. It was written with white males in mind, and even today, it’s a white man’s amendment. And if you notice, they prize it above all other constitutional rights because they see it as something exclusively proprietary to being a white male. Of course, they’ll come on here and say different, but I know what I know.

Doesn’t mean that I’m forfeiting my rights, but white men have more natural rights with respect to firearms than I do. And if you’re black or not white, you’d do damn good to remember that.

What rights?

Did you not try to convince everyone you have no rights?

That the 2nd amendment is not for AAs, that would be headline news. Please call CNN or msnbc. Perhaps legislators can expand the 2nd amendment to include AAs?

So when biden told us to go buy a shotgun and fire it in the air to scare away perps, he was only trying to get white men to commit aggravated assault ????

Come to NJ....jayson williams shoots his chauffer and somehow avoided the 3 year mandatory and conviction.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:09 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
I could post a video of an unarmed white guy being shot to death by police if it helps you.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
There was a time when that was true but the 14th Amendment exists in large measure because Blacks were suffering from the brutal enforcement of STATE LAWS known as the Black Codes, which among other things, forbade the possession of arms.

To be readmitted to the union, former rebel states were required to rewrite their constitutions if they declared the right to arms as only respected for Whites and to ratify the 14th Amendment -- which made the non-discriminatory 2nd Amendment enforceable on the states.

STATES have worked very hard to continue discriminating against Blacks, even though they couldn't be so bold and blatant as to enact a law saying "NO BLACK CAN OWN A GUN", they could be geographically restrictive winkwink, and continue to ignore the 14th and frustrate its intent.

Not only is what you "know" wrong, it is self-limiting propaganda that fulfills the self-debasement and victim status in Black citizens that Democrats desire (and need). . . That's no surprise, the Democrats have worked hard to instill that mindset in Blacks while writing and enforcing the laws you say make the 2ndA a "White Man's Law". The cognitive dissonance is alarming and depressing.

And yet in actual practice, POC are expected to be automatic Democrat lever-pullers by the Democrats who make and enforce (and vigorously defend) the laws you decry. I don't see any positive in complaining about the weight of the chains while voting to keep in power the people who keep the chains shiny and tight.

And then the most irreconcilable with reason outbursts occur . . . Blacks decry Blacks as race traitors --see Candace Owens, Jesse Lee Peterson, Larry Elder etc,-- who reject the Democrat's mind-****, reserving special hate for people like Clarence Thomas, who work to unroll / invalidate unjust Democrat laws to entrust all citizens with the full panoply of rights recognized and secured by the Constitution.

It is quite perplexing how Democrats are able to maintain the loyalty of Blacks . . .

Our loyalties ain’t for you to understand anyway, so don’t waste too much of your time cogitating over it. I could explain it, but it’s on a need to know basis, and you don’t need to know.

Just know that we aren’t deluded enough to vote for YOUR party.

If the aforementioned Uncle Toms and Aunt Thomasinas wanna join up with you, that’s their business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
What rights?

Did you not try to convince everyone you have no rights?

That the 2nd amendment is not for AAs, that would be headline news. Please call CNN or msnbc. Perhaps legislators can expand the 2nd amendment to include AAs?

So when biden told us to go buy a shotgun and fire it in the air to scare away perps, he was only trying to get white men to commit aggravated assault ????

Come to NJ....jayson williams shoots his chauffer and somehow avoided the 3 year mandatory and conviction.
Jayson Williams also has tens of millions of dollars. Super wealthy white folks can drive drunk, kill 4 people and get probation. You can’t do it though. You’re not rich.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:17 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
The 2nd Amendment is not for African Americans. It never was and never will be. It was written with white males in mind, and even today, it’s a white man’s amendment. And if you notice, they prize it above all other constitutional rights because they see it as something exclusively proprietary to being a white male. Of course, they’ll come on here and say different, but I know what I know.

Doesn’t mean that I’m forfeiting my rights, but white men have more natural rights with respect to firearms than I do. And if you’re black or not white, you’d do damn good to remember that.
I agree this is the true thinking of many although as stupid as hell. I do hope you were being- sarcastic---- I hope

Old 05-07-2020, 11:25 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Side note- I was carrying a rifle to a friends when a do gooder yuppie called the cops. A nice black cop pulled in front of me and questioned me. He then took me to my destination to avoid further public (yuppie) fear. Nice cop, told me him and his friends went shooting frequently. Ive run into other cops that would have shot me. A lesson, I wouldnt do it again unless i absolutely had to. Risky no matter who you are.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:33 AM

8,340 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
But plenty of white people get killed by police. They are not rare exceptions.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/...e-data/595528/
Blacks shoot and kill cops at 4 times the rate that whites shoot and kill cops. Cops shout and kill blacks at twice the rate they shoot and kill whites.

The source of the study suggests cops hesitate shooting blacks when in a confrontation for fear of racist accusations. That hesitation has gotten them killed. I didn’t save the source and it’s been a few years but I remember those numbers clearly.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:37 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
When is that ever not true? You can go back to the 1920's and the era of black lynchings in the south and, by today's standards, argue that race had little to do with it and that whites were treated the same way when found to be guilty of EXACTLY what black people were doing back them. You can even point out whites back then who were hung. I guess that proves that race was never a factor in American history, by today's tough standards of proof.

I get it. It's not what we know...but what we can PROVE. Short of a person admitting that they are racist.....there never can be proof of why someone is doing something.
No, you didn't "get it."

My comment was explicitly and specifically about the reporting, not so much about the incident. It's totally possible that the narrative they're spinning is accurate, but we can't make that judgement, because they suck at journalism.

The video is fake news. Not that the encounters were faked, but because of the dishonest way they were presented. If the creators were more interested in objective journalism than in proving a point, maybe there would be some value in what they did. As it stands, all they did was make the situation, and the discussion surrounding it, worse.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:42 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Our loyalties...
It's cute that you think you speak for the entire black population.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:43 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
By the standards used today, nothing in the past would be considered "Racial" in motivation unless its de jure. They will never admit to de facto racism past or present. There is no way to PROVE it, so they have a vested interest in denying it. Its like when someone in a relationship sees their partner out holding hands and kissing someone else. Unless you confront the person right then, they will just lie and say it was not them. "It was somebody who looked like me. You remember that guy I was telling you about that people say look like me? It was probably him. I swear. I would never do that".

People are going to lie....even to themselves, rather than change their beliefs. If racism HAS BEEN really that impacting upon blacks.....then that may explain the socioeconomic conditions and behaviors of blacks today....and not some innate racial inferiority. To make that admission also gives backing and credibility to the liberal cause. That is too many blows to the jaw of a right leaning white person to take. They have to duck those blows or get knocked the blank out by the truth.

Old 05-07-2020, 12:37 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
By the standards used today, nothing in the past would be considered "Racial" in motivation unless its de jure. They will never admit to de facto racism past or present. There is no way to PROVE it, so they have a vested interest in denying it. Its like when someone in a relationship sees their partner out holding hands and kissing someone else. Unless you confront the person right then, they will just lie and say it was not them. "It was somebody who looked like me. You remember that guy I was telling you about that people say look like me? It was probably him. I swear. I would never do that".

People are going to lie....even to themselves, rather than change their beliefs. If racism HAS BEEN really that impacting upon blacks.....then that may explain the socioeconomic conditions and behaviors of blacks today....and not some innate racial inferiority. To make that admission also gives backing and credibility to the liberal cause. That is too many blows to the jaw of a right leaning white person to take. They have to duck those blows or get knocked the blank out by the truth.

White people need no "blows" from black people. Nor reminders of some racist past of the country.

White countries aren't perfect but they treat minorities in their midst better than black countries do. Or Asian countries. Or "Latin" countries. By many magnitudes. It's not even close how much more advanced white countries and society is in comparison to "minority-majority" countries and cultures.

This is a fact that none of you race baiters will ever - ever - be able to explain around as you obsess about "whiteness" and "white supremacy" and "white racism" and whatever else you want to blame for white society not being quite as perfect as you want. The cognitive dissonance of the intersectional, creitical-race-theory pseudo intellectuals must be profound. I guess there's some underlying expectation that white people are somehow more capable or morally superior to every other race. Since only they seem to have expectations of perfection while the "melinated world" is out there enslaving and putting minorities in gulags and keeping them from holding political office in about 90% of the rest of the rest of the countries out there.

But, you know that white people are more susceptible to the heaps of guilt and psychological shaming you peddle, so you (and many others) spend a lifetime exploiting it.

May you make many guilty white liberal friends who will fall over themselves trying to prove they're "one of the good ones."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies