Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2020, 06:12 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Hey if you think wearing a mask to protect your fellow Americans is such an affront, that’s your psychological issue to deal with. I’m happy to be a kind conscientious person and won’t be going down the rabbit hole with you.
What do you need to prove it to you ? Seriously. And now they will be wearing them at the WH ?? Why ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 06:15 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert473 View Post
I honestly hate them and this new normal.

Im in California where there are starting to reopen some things up some places are mandating you wear face masks now for shopping malls, maybe theme parks and movie theaters in the future

Honestly I hate them they are damn uncomfortable you can't really breath well on them especially in the warm weather, people can't hear u loud and clear, and it doesn't really block the spread of germs its not gurantee to at least ( i dont wear the N95's). with that said Ill probably have to start readjusting my lifestyle for a bit if face mask are required everywhere meaning I will start going out less or head to the beach more often

In the beaches and trails they only recommand you wear one but dont enforce it. I do always follow the rule of staying 6 feet apart and washing my hands

Anyways thats my opinion and just want to hear from everyone how do you guys feel about them? Would you choose not to wear one if it was just optional? Would you still go enjoy life with a face mask on?

I value my own health above the inconvenience, once your health gone, you've got nothing! Yes I wear em and will keep on wearing one, C19 not gone!

Plus when I see other without mask, it just tell me these folks most likely are not practicing on any level and to avoid them at all cost, and likely will become sick or a carriers themselves!

Old 05-10-2020, 06:24 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenInNY View Post
Don't let the power grabbers control you. Live your life. F the facemasks. The power grabbers want all of your freedoms and for you to live on lockdown for the rest of your life.

They've already taken your Freedoms long ago! ..... When you live by the rules of others, you’re not free......

Old 05-10-2020, 06:32 PM

19,521 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You need to adjust the mask. Fogging of glasses is a clear indication that you aren't wearing it properly. It has to be tight to the face.
I heard or read somewhere that it might help cleaning your glasses with soap (?) and rinsing. I haven't tried that. I use glasses on occasion, and they haven't fogged up too much,... yet. I use an eyeglass solution that is supposed to prevent fogging up. Probably time to re-do it too. Tks for the reminder

Old 05-10-2020, 06:36 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Prophecy:

“Why are wearing a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that?”

“No it’s just that they’re terribly comfortable, I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.”

~The Princess Bride

Old 05-10-2020, 06:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
They've already taken your Freedoms long ago! ..... When you live by the rules of others, you’re not free......
Probably why a lot of people ain’t been killed.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:37 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
A mask doesn't gurantee germs will not spread to others.
It guarantees you'll get less of them then maskless.

Yes, I find masks uncomfortable, but I am an adult, and I realize they help keep me, and others safe. Small price to pay for that.

Plus, I would like for things to open back up, and if people keep being stupid and we have another flare-up of Covid19, then we will be right back to where we started.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-10-2020, 06:38 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
A mask doesn't gurantee germs will not spread to others.
Trying to avoid being exposed to this virus is probably akin to dodging raindrops..........

Old 05-10-2020, 06:42 PM

12,443 posts, read 9,540,640 times
I can't say as I prefer wearing a mask *lol*. It's not something I am used to and it's less comfortable. Having said that, I understand why we're doing this, and I don't see it as such a big deal. So I try to do my part. Seems like the least I can do. This is a devastating national problem that's seriously damaging the economy and will likely kill over 100,000 Americans even with our best efforts. Can I wear a mask? Yeah, I can do that.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:51 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Trying to avoid being exposed to this virus is probably akin to dodging raindrops..........
I have an umbrella - rain boots and rain coat. It works really well. The fear of going along with the program is very risky business to those around them who won’t. We have been warned - we are aware - the responsibility falls on us all. No exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies