Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 09:38 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,898 times

Advertisements

Obviously anyone who wears a mask is a Demonrat leftist who hates America.

Trump doesn't wear a mask. Trump is the greatest human being who ever existed since the dawn of time. Ergo, wearing masks is wrong and bad, and only America-hating, wimp, ****, blue pill leftist scumbags do it.

At least that's what I understand after five minutes of reading this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 09:44 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post

Trump doesn't wear a mask. Trump is the greatest human being who ever existed since the dawn of time. Ergo, wearing masks is wrong and bad, and only America-hating, wimp, ****, blue pill leftist scumbags do it.

Wrong again! I lean right and wear a mask every time I am in a building that's not my home. Regardless of how ridiculous the whole mask thing is, I still respect that other people have the right to have their opinions.

But......... my masks all have a message printed on them that pisses off some people. They've got to respect my opinion as I do theirs! Works both ways.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Yeah, I don’t *like* wearing a mask when running and I’ve also changed my route to avoid inclines. I’m definitely a little slower but I’m always a little slower as the temperatures warm up.

But the world doesn’t revolve around me and my running, so it is what it is.

We're all very impressed by your magnanimity.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:49 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Wrong again! I lean right and wear a mask every time I am in a building that's not my home. Regardless of how ridiculous the whole mask thing is, I still respect that other people have the right to have their opinions.

But......... my masks all have a message printed on them that pisses off some people. They've got to respect my opinion as I do theirs! Works both ways.
I always wonder what is the point of needing to **** others off. Both righties and lefties of a particular type seem to enjoy it the most.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:53 AM

1,839 posts, read 677,172 times
I understand the benefit of face coverings or face maks when people are indoors in stores and offices, and I believe in social distancing indoors and outdoors, but why does one need to wear face mask outdoors otherwise with social distancing?

If I go for a walk by myself, and keep a distance from everyone, the only risk to anyone is if I sneeze or cough, or if someone else did. But even then, the aerosols of that sneeze or cough wouldn't likely come to that person, as it would be evaporated or disintegrated quicker outside, and I'd also keep social distance. Unless there are studies or experiments done to show otherwise, but I have yet to see those. CNN and the media always show video clips of aerosals in indoor environments.

Lately, it seems the local and national news is always interviewing someone (almost always a woman) and the person is outside, and she is complaining about other people not wearing face masks.

Old 05-19-2020, 04:02 AM

11 posts, read 3,391 times
I don't consider myself paranoid but I always use an antiseptic if I touch anything. Also, I have already acquired gloves, antiseptics, and best safety glasses I am not going to count on fate. I try to protect myself. It's all scary

Old 05-19-2020, 07:19 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:

There was a man yesterday wearing a homemade Trump 2020 mask, in a Trader Joe's no less!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-19-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post

What’s the message? You’re clearly very proud of it so share it.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There was a man yesterday wearing a homemade Trump 2020 mask, in a Trader Joe's no less!
Now the Trader Joe’s part does surprise me. Cookie butter is the great uniter, I guess.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:01 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:

Unfortunately every "discussion" in the Politics section devolves into the black and white (or blue and Red) of party politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies