Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2020, 12:44 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,785,636 times

Advertisements

What a load of BS.

Flynn lied about discussing sanctions with Kislyak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 01:48 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes they have the FBI notes from the interview . . . .
No, they do not. The FBI does not have the notes from the interview, which means the FBI must have destroyed them.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What a load of BS.

Flynn lied about discussing sanctions with Kislyak.
Trump and his cronies want that ^^^ to get lost in all the crap they are putting out there.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:38 PM

57,204 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, they do not. The FBI does not have the notes from the interview, which means the FBI must have destroyed them.
Do you have a link that they destroyed the notes or just making it up.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:06 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,206,347 times
The documents released show Flynn lied. Barr is doing whatever he can for the most corrupt administration in our history.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:31 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The documents released show Flynn lied. Barr is doing whatever he can for the most corrupt administration in our history.
The only corruption in this administration has been among the holdovers engaging in election nullification and obstruction of Trump's efforts to govern.

And the claim that the documents show Flynn lied is ridiculous. You have a transcript of a phone call, but there are no documents showing what he said when questioned by the FBI.

And even if he did lie (which you have no way of knowing), so what? It's not a crime.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:53 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Do you have a link that they destroyed the notes or just making it up.
There's no evidence the FBI/DOJ destroyed the original notes. The fact remains the original notes taken Before Strzok, Page, McCabe and who knows who else revised them are gone.

If everyone who used words like 'I don't recall, 'To the best of my recollection', and other phrases like that during interviews were prosecuted, dozens of people other than Flynn would be charged.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There's no evidence the FBI/DOJ destroyed the original notes. The fact remains the original notes taken Before Strzok, Page, McCabe and who knows who else revised them are gone.

If everyone who used words like 'I don't recall, 'To the best of my recollection', and other phrases like that during interviews were prosecuted, dozens of people other than Flynn would be charged.
Just making the point that it would be hard to believe that these conversations would be forgotten by Flynn and McFarland just a few weeks after they took place particularly with the enormous focus on Russia.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:07 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Just making the point that it would be hard to believe that these conversations would be forgotten by Flynn and McFarland just a few weeks after they took place particularly with the enormous focus on Russia.
I often find it hard to believe it when people don't recall significant events. Hillary's interview with the FBI was littered with I don't recalls and to the best of my recollections I had trouble believing, but it's darn hard in a criminal case to prove the person did recall and was giving an intentional false statement. imo, that's why the FBI/DOJ needed and had other ways to pressure Flynn into the guilty plea.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I often find it hard to believe it when people don't recall significant events. Hillary's interview with the FBI was littered with I don't recalls and to the best of my recollections I had trouble believing, but it's darn hard in a criminal case to prove the person did recall and was giving an intentional false statement. imo, that's why the FBI/DOJ needed and had other ways to pressure Flynn into the guilty plea.
KT McFarland called the Washington Post in January 2017 and made a statement 2 weeks after the phone calls, then in the summer she indicated she didn't recall to the FBI. After Flynn pleads guilty she in December 2017 she calls the FBI and changes her story and claims she didn't intend to mislead.

Quote:
McFarland, who served as Flynn's deputy on the National Security Council, was first interviewed by the FBI without a lawyer at her Hamptons home in summer 2017, the person said. She said at that time she didn't have a precise memory of whether Flynn had spoken to the then-Russian ambassador or what they may have discussed.

The Post noted that McFarland phoned the newspaper on January 13, 2017, and insisted in an on-the-record conversation that Flynn and Kislyak had never discussed sanctions, and stressed that her memory of this was clear.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/22/polit...ons/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies