Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 12:50 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,513,658 times

Advertisements

It's like when Jack Nicholson played the Joker in a Batman movie when he said, "What this city (Gotham City) needs is AN ENEMA!" Well, Washington, DC needs an enema.

Let's do the right thing and VOTE'EM ALL OUT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 05:28 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It matters but there's no chance of any fiscal responsibility whatsoever so long as Pelosi controls the power of the purse.

Since nothing can be done about it any time soon, there's not much point talking about it.
Point of view is everything.

I thought Mnuchin controlled the bailouts.

They all have to get through McConnell and signed by a POTUS

Old 05-08-2020, 05:33 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
It matters but there's no chance of any fiscal responsibility whatsoever so long as Pelosi controls the power of the purse.

Since nothing can be done about it any time soon, there's not much point talking about it.
Do you trust the guy who was fined for robbing his own charity more than you trust Pelosi?

Old 05-08-2020, 05:44 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I’m pissed that Trump went along with this insanity and didn’t veto 100% of the bailout bills.

Unemployment insurance exists for a reason. If that’s not good enough for a non-working person, it will motivate them to get another job in a still-operational industry.

Trump has sold out and I’m no longer much of a fan. He’s only getting my vote because I’m truly terrified of what Biden and his affirmative action VP would do to us.
Are we twins seperated at birth? If company's do not have a 6-month rainy day fund to keep their businesses alive, and insurance, then let them sink. Especially the Fortune 500's. Defense contractors should have to prove they have these reserves to get military conracts.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:49 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
That's true, you have Republicans who are fiscally irresponsible, and you have Democrats who are ridiculously fiscally irresponsible.

There's not another serious option on the table.
This kind of statement is silly.

There has never been a Republican govt. that reduced the size of govt. via major cuts in the budget.
They shift funds....that's all.

They spend differently.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Are we twins seperated at birth? If company's do not have a 6-month rainy day fund to keep their businesses alive, and insurance, then let them sink. Especially the Fortune 500's. Defense contractors should have to prove they have these reserves to get military conracts.
I kind of agree with this. Many of the businesses that are lost when there is an economic downturn were teetering on the edge and the downturn may have escalated the failing but it isn't the cause.

My son works for a company working on military stuff -- he has been working all along......from home (computer stuff).There is no threat of them losing their job so they continue to work.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
No. There is nothing I can do about it.
No. No one knows what that looks like. Are you part of Biden's campaign committee?
Do you know what the collapse of the Democratic party looks like?
My Grandfather had friends who jumped out of Wall Street windows during the crash of 1929. I remember him telling me that our entire system is much more fragile than anyone thought. He warned me not to trust banks, or anyone else, with my hard-earned cash, and to always avoid debt.

After the crash, my Grandfather never again put his money into banks. After his death, it took 3 of us Two days to find it hidden all over his property on a farm in Pennsylvania. We likely missed some.

I don't "know what it looks like" up close and personal, but I have a better idea than most, having experienced it second hand.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:15 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times
To put it in the most simple terms: the politicians simply don't care. It's not their money. While they spend OUR money, they've got plenty of their own. As a side benefit, once they bankrupt the country then they'll be able to reorganize it to their liking, getting rid of that pesky Constitution that keeps muddling up their plans for us.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This kind of statement is silly.

There has never been a Republican govt. that reduced the size of govt. via major cuts in the budget.
They shift funds....that's all.

They spend differently.
I rate this statement ^^^ as sadly TRUE.

Its the top 1% outsmarting, conquering, dividing, then stealing from, the bottom 99%

There are only 2 true Conservatives left in Washington DC. The rest are RINO's.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:41 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
At this point, national-debt will soon be 30-trillion, NOPE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies