Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 06:03 AM

25,348 posts, read 12,476,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Don't watch any of the above mentioned channels but it does seem odd that with this President there are 200+ right leaning news sources that only print towards his favor not to mention his unfiltered stream of tweets which provide the basis for the above mentioned channels to bash.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that people (not just hardcore Dems) are willing to vote for a candidate that as you say "Dem's haven't a clue what they are voting FOR"? The unknown must look better for them than voting for what they have now...
I have not had cable tv for 5+years, so I can't watch them. I have an antenna to watch local networks, but seldom turn on the tv at all anymore...except for sports. I watch ~1/2 hr of TV/week if averaged out annually.

Donald's Tweets...90% of the MSM's coverage of him is negative. Why not do an end-around on them, and communicate directly to Americans? Why give the MSM any material to boost their ratings? His tweets are a sound strategy. I dont do Twitter. What he tweets is a different story, and I'm not defending that...just the tactic to bypass the MSM. I also like how he ditched the White House press conferences, until C-19 came along.

Dems are voting against Trump, and that's it. You are right, even the totally unknown is better than Trump to them. They are filled with hatred. Its all emotions with them, nothing concrete...like proposed budgets.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:05 AM

12,898 posts, read 13,578,695 times
If they keep the House and take the Senate they will be like kids in a candy store. That would keep Trump at Mar-a- Lago for four years while the adults run the country.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:07 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 26 days ago)

34,588 posts, read 16,654,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Donald's Tweets...90% of the MSM's coverage of him is negative. Why not do an end-around on them, and communicate directly to Americans? Why give the MSM any material to boost their ratings? His tweets are a sound strategy. I dont do Twitter. What he tweets is a different story, and I'm not defending that...just the tactic to bypass the MSM. I also like how he ditched the White House press conferences, until C-19 came along.
As an aside, Trump ran the first genuinely Internet-based campaign and Presidency-over Twitter. It sucks that the party I love, the progressive one, is so far behind.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:09 AM

25,348 posts, read 12,476,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If they keep the House and take the Senate they will be like kids in a candy store. That would keep Trump at Mar-a- Lago for four years while the adults run the country.
It would become Veto-ville. Nothing would get done except for Trump appointing another 100 federal judges tothe 200 he's already installed.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:28 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,487,756 times
Quote:
The vast majority of media coverage comes from the MSM, CNN, MSNBC, and it's almost all Trump bashing....(I read 90% of Trumps coverage is negative), or at least the clips I see on the Internet (I don't have cable tv).

All hate speech, and very litle talk about Democrats plan for the future. They have brainwashed voters into voting on hate, rather than a better way forward. Biden hasn't even proposed a budget yet, hasn't proposed how we deal with C-19, or China, of bringing back the economy. Dem's haven't a clue what they are voting FOR.

This.
They knew last time what they were voting against and they didn't win.
They need to come up with an alternative vision.
Change ...

Old 05-11-2020, 06:30 AM

19,100 posts, read 16,908,432 times
Quote:
I have not had cable tv for 5+years, so I can't watch them. I have an antenna to watch local networks, but seldom turn on the tv at all anymore...except for sports. I watch ~1/2 hr of TV/week if averaged out annually.

Dems are voting against Trump, and that's it. You are right, even the totally unknown is better than Trump to them. They are filled with hatred. Its all emotions with them, nothing concrete...like proposed budgets.
Your right the tweets are direct and unfiltered but he can't complain that he is taken out of context either which he does often like equality it is a double edged sword. Filled with hatred is not the right way to say it, filled with disappointment would be a better way to say it they are tired of his combative nature. As we have seen too often during this crisis he wants the praise but not the criticism, he wants to own the positive but not the negatives and depending on the week it was the Federal Governments responsibility or then the states responsibility. I think people just want adult leadership and that has been lacking.

Proposed budget, I don't recall any proposed budget from candidate Trump during the last go round. Now he is President and has to submit one that's just a responsibility of the office.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:53 AM

19,100 posts, read 16,908,432 times
Quote:
On the agenda for what's next for Democrats (if Trump is re-elected) should be for Democrat Governors of Blue States to shore up their pandemic preparedness. ALL of the top 5 most deadly states for C-19 are Blue states, and 9 of the top 10. D-. So much of that tax money wasted on the wrong stuff.
How about all states will have to shore up the pandemic response because its has been demonstrated that the federal government is passing the buck. Of course next time we may not have any Federal Agencies left to alert us. How about the top 5 are some of the largest population centers in the country and 3 of top 10 are Republican, so what. If the federal government had taken charge and set the standards for the state to copy then the waste that you speak of would have been less, every state had to scramble for supplies this week, got some the next for the most part they were left to their own devices.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:28 AM

12,898 posts, read 13,578,695 times
Quote:
It would become Veto-ville. Nothing would get done except for Trump appointing another 100 federal judges to the 200 he's already installed.
Judges don't matter that much because for the most part American society is a bit lawless and many people (rich and poor) will do whatever they want regardless if it is against the law. The Constitution is a stop gap for Judges anyway. That's why Roe V wade has lasted through many conservative administrations.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:15 AM

14,113 posts, read 4,496,590 times
Democrats need to do some soul searching if Trump wins....again

Democrats went from winning and electing a first black President name Barrack HUSSEIN Obama to losing (not once but twice) to a reality-TV-star-commander-in-twitter Donald Trump.

Time to sit down to evaluate yourself and do some soul searching.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,771,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
How has he bungled it ?
He closed down flights into the US and got criticised for it.
And now he's getting criticised for states taking their own decision when to end lockdown.
I've a feeling the Democrats are going to be in for another shock come November ...
All he did was close down some flights. A good number of Chinese still came through and American citizens weren't exactly asked to stay quarentined. After he closer it, he dismissed Covid-19 and said there wasn't a problem and it the media was talking about I was just to make him look bad. This was in the infamous Feb 28th rally. He only took it serious when Wall Street cratered on March 11th, yet he couldn't call it an economic disaster and still don't. Again because it makes him look bad. Not the country, him. He needs to go back and listen to JFK's inauguration speech.

As for the stay at home orders ending, the biggest criticism I can see pinned to Trump are encouraging the protests where social distancing wasn't in place. He also is said to Hell with most of the guidelines. He said governors are on their own with a lot of things. I'm sorry but there needs to be federal leadership and Trump is showing he is incapable of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
As an aside, Trump ran the first genuinely Internet-based campaign and Presidency-over Twitter. It sucks that the party I love, the progressive one, is so far behind.
That is because both parties are run by corporate interests. Bernie tried internet both times but was stopped by the Corporate interests of the center/center-left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies