Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 12:17 PM

227 posts, read 97,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Why do you mention victims race, call the suspects rednecks, and reference the south?

`
The Victim was black

The suspects ARE rednecks

They ARE in the south

and again....the victim was black.

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They are responsible for chasing him with guns. They created the situation where Arbery felt that flight wasn't an option, that fight was his only option.
He had already tried flight, and they continued to pursue him until they blocked his path. When he was cornered he went to fight to try to survive their attack.

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
He was being chased by a pickup with armed men. If that happened to me, I would think my life was in danger.
Because you don't have much common sense. That's on you.
I might be more afraid of law enforcement than a civilian. They get away with it.

Quote:
If that happened to you, you wouldn't?
no

If they pointed the gun at me, with the safety off and the hand on the trigger. Or said right off the bat "we will shoot you". Then yes.

But that didn't happen unless you have proof.

Either way. I wouldn't have been foolish enough to attack someone who had the drop on me, especially if I was unarmed.

Quote:
HIS life was in danger.
No it wasn't

Quote:
We know that because he is now dead.
He is dead because he made the horrible decision to attack someone who had a gun

Old 05-11-2020, 12:18 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You have no proof the victim was in a life or death situation. If you do I'd like to see proof of that.

They are not responsible for the poor decision Arbery choose when he attacked the shooter.
Three guys, two in one pickup truck armed and one in a second vehicle chasing someone unarmed on foot and you don't think that is proof enough that the unarmed guy running feared for his life? Obviously you've never been in that situation where you were being chased by someone(s) in a vehicle that you couldn't identify as someone you knew while on foot.

After the trial, I hope you don't take the verdict and sentencing too hard.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:18 PM

12,839 posts, read 9,562,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You have no proof the victim was in a life or death situation. If you do I'd like to see proof of that.

They are not responsible for the poor decision Arbery choose when he attacked the shooter.
Brother, when a stranger is holding you hostage while armed, your life is in danger.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:21 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Brother, when a stranger is holding you hostage while armed, your life is in danger.
Exactly. And the unarmed jogger didn't know if they were going to just shoot him or tie him to the back of the pickup truck and drag him to his death, like what happened a number of years back to James Byrd Jr.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
He had already tried flight, and they continued to pursue him until they blocked his path. When he was cornered he went to fight to try to survive their attack.
lol He wasn't cornered and they didn't attack him. Plenty of open space to run or jog.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
No it's not and you have no proof. You actually think if Arbery just sat there and waited for police which would have been the smart thing to do, his life would have been in danger?

Either way attacking the shooter was the worst thing to do.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Exactly. And the unarmed jogger didn't know if they were going to just shoot him or tie him to the back of the pickup truck and drag him to his death, like what happened a number of years back to someone.
The gun was for self defense. If they wanted him dead, they would have shot him right away.

Instead he made a poor decision and attacked the shooter.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:26 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Why do you mention victims race, call the suspects rednecks, and reference the south?

It sounds to me that you are buying into stereotypes and assuming race played a part all like the media hoped your would.

Funny how this story does not mention the race of the suspect, nor the victims;

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...eldon-francis/

While race may have play no part, you know full well why the MSM does what it does, yet you either naively don't notice it, or are too happy to play along with it.

`
In this case, the race card is very much in play. I don't buy into the race card for many incidents, but in this case, it is absolutely there.

I do not believe for a second that these hayseeds would have chased a white guy down the streets with their guns.

Not for a single second.

I am not forming my opinion based on what the MSM said, I'm forming my opinion because I remember a certain black man who was dragged behind a pick up truck in the south. That's what I think of when I think of this story of 3 redneck morons chasing a black man down in a pick up truck in the south.

James Byrd Jr.

I will never forget that story. I will never forget what they did to that man.

It's not the same situation, but when you mention rednecks, the south, pick up trucks - that's where my mind goes. And it will always go there, because of the horrific death that Byrd Jr endured at the hands of a bunch of racist tw*ts.

So, yes, it's the south. He was a black man. Three hayseed losers chased him in their truck, got out with guns, and started yelling orders at him.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to have an idea what the victim was thinking when he saw that. His life was in danger. And now he's dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies