Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 09:59 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Guess what? Nothing was ever stolen from the place. So you can speculate all you want but there’s nothing to support your musing.
Which is fine. Based on priors and trespassing he was a criminal moron.

Based on the actions of Bo and Luke Duke they too were morons.

I'm surprised both parties made it this far in life before meeting a demise. Just like Trayvon and George.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:59 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How many pages must be spent repeating this over and over and over? This has been said hundreds of times on here, and yet we still have the same posters acting like it's never been said, they've never heard of it, or are flat out ignoring it.

No matter what nonsense they come up with, the fact remains, neither one of these sht birds saw the victim do anything felonious. Therefore, they had no right to get their guns, chase him down, and demand that he comply with their orders of just "we want to talk to you".

It is absurd that people continue to pretend that these 2 had any right to do any of that.

The victim's past is not relevant here because the hayseeds did not witness the victim take part in a felony.

Grandpa Redneck said that he was "hauling a$$" down the street, and then told his son to go get his gun.

It's clear that some people on here want to justify this murder, and I have to wonder why they are pushing so hard to pretend that they were in the right.

They were not.

When it comes to cops - I will often side with the cops, but not always, because when you see a cop doing something wrong, you should not try your hardest to make the cop right just because you think society should kiss cops' arses.

When it comes to people using their firearms - The 2nd Amendment is my right, I will not accept what people do to try to take that right away, even if it's in a slow drip form trying to do so over the years, thinking people won't notice. I've been around guns since I was 6 years old, and I will fight to prevent a government from acting like it can take that right away.

However, I also understand the responsibility that comes with that right - which is you don't abuse the power that a gun gives you. You never bring out your weapon unless you're going to shoot it - either at the range, or in a conflict. You don't flash it around just to scare someone - you bring it out when you know that you're going to shoot someone if you need to.

These 2 morons did not need to chase this guy. These morons did not need to try to block this guy on 2 separate streets. These morons didn't need to get out of their truck with their shotgun waving around. They didn't need to do a thing except report their suspicions to the police.

That is the only "right" that they had. The "self defense" was from the guy being chased by apparently 2 trucks with rednecks in it screaming at him that they just "wanted to talk", screaming at him to "stop", chasing him and attempting to block him on 2 different roads, and then being confronted by one of these chasing, screaming morons with a shot gun in their hands.

I'm tired of twisted people trying to pretend that they were in the right. I'm tired of people deflecting from the point of what was known at that very moment. I'm tired of people talking about what happens in Chicago, or Baltimore, or in black neighborhoods, or saying that maybe black people should know better than to go to a white neighborhood....I mean holy crap, are some of you kidding me? The racism isn't even remotely veiled.

We've been through a lot of threads about incidents with cops, incidents with neighbors - but to sit there and write that black people should "know better" than to go to a white neighborhood - I'm so disgusted that I can't even find the words. How dare someone say that. Who the hell do they think they are?

This thread is very revealing. I've argued with some posters on here who I know are black, and I've told them over and over how they read too much into every little thing, but after this thread - jeezus christ, I can't anymore. This thread has revealed exactly how nasty and vile some people are here.

The two rednecks, and yes, they are rednecks, and yes, many people on here have that same mentality, and yes, it is an insult, and yes, I mean it, were not innocent.
Well said.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:00 AM

989 posts, read 456,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Not sure that matters. If I see some dude stealing something from a construction site, that doesn't give me the right to go hunt him down and kill him. I'm not sure in what part of the world that would ever be acceptable, but it isn't here in the USA. Don't people here complain about "savages" in other countries cutting off hands for stealing and such? Now we can just kill people for being suspected of taking something from an empty construction site?
Well dontcha' know they didn't mean to kill him. They just watched him, stalked him, and then confronted him while he was either jogging, running, or running away. I guess due to the fact that he tussled with one of the stalkers, they were totally legit in shooting him. That's what some people are trying to say here.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:01 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Why not? I own a real estate investment company and I'm always curious what people are doing.
Uh, you're the owner bro.

You don't roll up on the new Costco being built and intimately check its progress, do ya?

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How many pages must be spent repeating this over and over and over? This has been said hundreds of times on here, and yet we still have the same posters acting like it's never been said, they've never heard of it, or are flat out ignoring it.

No matter what nonsense they come up with, the fact remains, neither one of these sht birds saw the victim do anything felonious. Therefore, they had no right to get their guns, chase him down, and demand that he comply with their orders of just "we want to talk to you".

It is absurd that people continue to pretend that these 2 had any right to do any of that.

The victim's past is not relevant here because the hayseeds did not witness the victim take part in a felony.

Grandpa Redneck said that he was "hauling a$$" down the street, and then told his son to go get his gun.

It's clear that some people on here want to justify this murder, and I have to wonder why they are pushing so hard to pretend that they were in the right.

They were not.

When it comes to cops - I will often side with the cops, but not always, because when you see a cop doing something wrong, you should not try your hardest to make the cop right just because you think society should kiss cops' arses.

When it comes to people using their firearms - The 2nd Amendment is my right, I will not accept what people do to try to take that right away, even if it's in a slow drip form trying to do so over the years, thinking people won't notice. I've been around guns since I was 6 years old, and I will fight to prevent a government from acting like it can take that right away.

However, I also understand the responsibility that comes with that right - which is you don't abuse the power that a gun gives you. You never bring out your weapon unless you're going to shoot it - either at the range, or in a conflict. You don't flash it around just to scare someone - you bring it out when you know that you're going to shoot someone if you need to.

These 2 morons did not need to chase this guy. These morons did not need to try to block this guy on 2 separate streets. These morons didn't need to get out of their truck with their shotgun waving around. They didn't need to do a thing except report their suspicions to the police.

That is the only "right" that they had. The "self defense" was from the guy being chased by apparently 2 trucks with rednecks in it screaming at him that they just "wanted to talk", screaming at him to "stop", chasing him and attempting to block him on 2 different roads, and then being confronted by one of these chasing, screaming morons with a shot gun in their hands.

I'm tired of twisted people trying to pretend that they were in the right. I'm tired of people deflecting from the point of what was known at that very moment. I'm tired of people talking about what happens in Chicago, or Baltimore, or in black neighborhoods, or saying that maybe black people should know better than to go to a white neighborhood....I mean holy crap, are some of you kidding me? The racism isn't even remotely veiled.

We've been through a lot of threads about incidents with cops, incidents with neighbors - but to sit there and write that black people should "know better" than to go to a white neighborhood - I'm so disgusted that I can't even find the words. How dare someone say that. Who the hell do they think they are?

This thread is very revealing. I've argued with some posters on here who I know are black, and I've told them over and over how they read too much into every little thing, but after this thread - jeezus christ, I can't anymore. This thread has revealed exactly how nasty and vile some people are here.

The two rednecks, and yes, they are rednecks, and yes, many people on here have that same mentality, and yes, it is an insult, and yes, I mean it, were not innocent.
well said.

To be honest, I would not be bothered if I saw individuals going into a home that I was building. Not one bit. People enjoy looking at homes being built. I simply do not see the issue with it at all.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:02 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
At this point, the most nefarious thing he did was enter a house under construction, possibly looking for a nail gun to grab. Not in the same universe as breaking into a (constructed) house and stealing something.

And the kid has to die for it? Please. I generally believe in being harsh with criminals, but this just doesn't qualify.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Which is fine. Based on priors and trespassing he was a criminal moron.

Based on the actions of Bo and Luke Duke they too were morons.

I'm surprised both parties made it this far in life before meeting a demise. Just like Trayvon and George.
As said in the other thread, I personally would have no issue with people looking in a house I was building and would not deem them criminals. I’ve seen that growing up and during adulthood as well. People enjoy looking at homes being built. It’s just not a big deal.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:04 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
He trespassed and didn't steal.

No sane person thinks he was there due to a fascination with wiring.
And trespass is not a felony so the McMichaels had no legal right to chase him down and confront him with guns. Plus the McMichaels said that they went after him because he looked like someone that had done break ins recently, that is also not a legal reason to chase and confront someone for a citizens arrest.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:05 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,726,143 times
Quote:
Uh, you're the owner bro.

You don't roll up on the new Costco being built and intimately check its progress, do ya?
I look at the flooring in new construction... we are replacing ours and I like seeing how it all looks laid out. I also look at homes on Zillow just because I'm nosy. If I could get away with looking in people's windows to check out their decor without being (rightfully) accused of being a creeper, I probably would.

I don't think it's at all unusual to look in new houses. See the layouts, check out the cabinets, look at where they put the bathrooms in relation to the pool and bedrooms. If we take a walk and see new construction and it's all open, sometimes we go take a peek. My husband works in new construction and people stop by to glance in sometimes while he's there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies