Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 11:26 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
BUt speeding 5 minutes after a bank robbery in a car matching the description is different from just speeding. And then trying to assault and wrestle away the gun wouldn't help either. Nice try.
Again with the false narrative? What did he steal?

Was he not allowed to defend himself from the two rednecks on a truck armed to the teeth chasing him down?

Old 05-12-2020, 11:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In the very beginning, Greg McMichaels said he recognized Arbery from home video of him invading a neighbors home.

And there it is. Exactly as he said.

SURELY, he wasn't just GUESSING Arbery was on video, having broken into the neighbor's home and by some incredible miracle of coincidence, it was true although he was unaware of it?

Nope. McMichaels was telling the truth. When he saw Arbery go into the house, he recognized him from having seen him on surveillance video breaking into the home before.

Just exactly as he said. Which gives credence to his further assertion, that Arbery assaulted his son and Travis shot him in self-defense.
It's so weird that the homeowner says he doesn't have any relationship with the McMichaels.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:29 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinta loca View Post
And you don’t think Arbery’s rights were violated when he was chased down with a gun? Do you care about the law or does it only apply to certain people?

A lot of people do a lot things that can end up in misdemeanor charges. It doesn’t mean they deserve the death penalty. Should citizens start chasing and shooting people who are driving drunk or while they are texting?
Drunk driving and texting while driving aren't crimes against natural law. Speeding isn't a violation of natural law either.

Natural law requires a victim for a crime to have taken place.

Arbery's rights were certainly violated. There's no need to deny the fact he was a punk overall. Two dudes hunted him down, confronted, and killed him. When you actively try to paint him as an angel it really rubs people the wrong way.

The father was a cop and worked in the DA's office. Can you imagine the lawsuits/appeals coming down the pike after folks convicted/inconvenienced by this nut job realize who turned the screws on them?

Old 05-12-2020, 11:36 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's so weird that the homeowner says he doesn't have any relationship with the McMichaels.
From what I read, he's very ill and probably won't finish the house, and my guess is he just doesn't want to get wrapped up in this and have to go into hiding.

Can't say I blame him.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Drunk driving and texting while driving aren't crimes against natural law. Speeding isn't a violation of natural law either.

Natural law requires a victim for a crime to have taken place.

Arbery's rights were certainly violated. There's no need to deny the fact he was a punk overall. Two dudes hunted him down, confronted, and killed him. When you actively try to paint him as an angel it really rubs people the wrong way.

The father was a cop and worked in the DA's office. Can you imagine the lawsuits/appeals coming down the pike after folks convicted/inconvenienced by this nut job realize who turned the screws on them?
I have not seen anyone here try to paint him an angel.

First, you guys tried to push the narrative that there had been some burglaries going on. Turned out police has no record of any burglary taking place. Even the homeowner of the house in question has come out and said nothing was ever taken from the house.

Then you guys try to push the narrative that he was unemployed and was up to no good. At the time of his death, he was working 2 jobs.

Now you guys are trying to push the narrative that this tresspassing thing he did for checking out a construction site is so egregious that it warranted him being chased down by armed men on a truck. And about him getting killed? You guys are trying to say *wink wink* Ahmaud had no right to fight for his life.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:39 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
I'm not going to. If you want to google it, I'll give you the terms: Ahmaud Avery was studying to become an electrician, and Travis McMichael was driving around with a loaded gun when he spotted a jogger.

I'm kind of done being a "gopher" for people too lazy to do their own googling.
The suggested googles suggest your points are pure BS. Neither yields anything in either "all" or "news" that suggest what you wrote.

So apparently you publish made up falsehoods. So we can pretty much ignore your messages as made up.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
From what I read, he's very ill and probably won't finish the house, and my guess is he just doesn't want to get wrapped up in this and have to go into hiding.

Can't say I blame him.
LOL I wouldn't touch the McMichaels with a 10 ft pole.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:48 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The suggested googles suggest your points are pure BS. Neither yields anything in either "all" or "news" that suggest what you wrote.

So apparently you publish made up falsehoods. So we can pretty much ignore your messages as made up.
Well, I guess your google IS broken! Using the terms I suggested for you, I found this article that states the McMichaels spotted Arbery jogging in the neighborhood and gave chase with loaded guns:

https://abc11.com/man-jogging-georgi...ry-in/6156175/

Here's where his mother states he was studying to be an electrician:

https://www.insider.com/who-is-ahmau...georgia-2020-5

And that's the last time I'm going to spend a minute and a half googling something I know you found yourself and just pretended not to.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:54 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
They will never get convicted. They will never get convicted. They will never get convicted. Say this over and over in your head. You know why? They will never get convicted.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:54 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
The police report written at the scene stated they were Nikes. It may be the fact that they weren't laced that made them look like boots.
It's like so much of the fluff surrounding the whole case. It's probably completely irrelevant. Still, if you're serious about going for a jog, you do tie your shoes. If that's just how this guy rolls, okay. Not effective if you're serious about jogging, but not terribly important either.

Ultimately, this is just Trayvon Martin vs George Zimmerman 2.0. The only thing that really matters is whether Travis McMichael believed his life was in danger when he shot and killed Ahmaud Arbery. Demonstrating as much would be easy even for a rookie lawyer who sucks at his job.

I've seen a lot of people try very hard to spin this whole thing to make sense out of charging the McMichaels with murder. Sure you can try it in court, but it won't work. Yes mistakes were made leading up to the shooting. Arbery shouldn't have trespassed on somebody else's property. The McMichaels shouldn't have been playing at being the police. And George Zimmerman shouldn't have been following Trayvon Martin either, but it happened. The trouble in both cases was pretty simple: In both cases, at the moment shots were fired, the person that got shot was trying to either kill or do serious physical harm to the shooter.

There's a massive demand for stories of evil racist rednecks -- preferably all decked out in white sheets -- hunting down and murdering innocent black men and women. The Left and their allies in the news media desperately want cases like that to report on. It feeds their preconceived biases helps them feel better about hating white rural Americans. Trouble is, there's also a pretty massive shortage of KKK style lynchings to report on. I can't remember any actual cases of it in the last couple decades, but if they do exist anymore they're incredibly rare. I can probably offer up 10 cases of one or more black guys hunting and murdering whites only because they are white for every 1 of the inverse. The Left is willing to turn any case of a white guy shooting a black guy into a lynching to meet their desperate demand for the things and that's the only reason this is such big news right now.

I think I'm done with this thread. You can only repeat yourself so many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies