Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 12:16 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, I guess your google IS broken! Using the terms I suggested for you, I found this article that states the McMichaels spotted Arbery jogging in the neighborhood and gave chase with loaded guns:

https://abc11.com/man-jogging-georgi...ry-in/6156175/

Here's where his mother states he was studying to be an electrician:

https://www.insider.com/who-is-ahmau...georgia-2020-5

And that's the last time I'm going to spend a minute and a half googling something I know you found yourself and just pretended not to.
Well, yeah, that is what happened. Before you said the media was saying they were already riding around when they saw him. Good Grief.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:17 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I live in a big city area (San Francisco Bay Area) and everything under construction is well fenced with no trespassing signs posted. So to access such sites you would have to put in some extra effort besides just strolling in. If caught inside the perimeters of such sites, you will be cited. It's not worth it to most individuals who just want to have a look-see. That's primarily why we aren't able to just go into places under construction/renovations around here. For this reason, in areas like where I live, it's not common at all to wonder around inside such sites.
You live in a big city. Brunswick is not a big city in any way, shape or form. I grew up in and live in a suburb that is more populated than Brunswick. Homes like the one in the video that are under construction are usually open in the same way. People have always gone in and looked at homes under construction.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:19 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I have not seen anyone here try to paint him an angel.

First, you guys tried to push the narrative that there had been some burglaries going on. Turned out police has no record of any burglary taking place. Even the homeowner of the house in question has come out and said nothing was ever taken from the house.

Then you guys try to push the narrative that he was unemployed and was up to no good. At the time of his death, he was working 2 jobs.

Now you guys are trying to push the narrative that this tresspassing thing he did for checking out a construction site is so egregious that it warranted him being chased down by armed men on a truck. And about him getting killed? You guys are trying to say *wink wink* Ahmaud had no right to fight for his life.

And AH HA, he HAD been there before. Doing.........absolutely nothing each time.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And if somebody caught you and confronted you, was your first thought, "You know, I really should punch this guy in the face and try to take his gun."

Yeah, as a kid I trespassed and went places I wasn't legally supposed to do. There were a fields and sheds and empty houses that we snuck into. I got caught a couple times and got an earful about how I wasn't supposed to be there. It was all very annoying at the time. Sometimes it was the property owner confronting me. Sometimes it was a neighbor. It didn't really matter who it was, looking back I was in the wrong and I kinda knew it. At no point did running up and punching them in the face seem like the appropriate response. If I see that somebody else is holding a gun (yes, been there too), my first instinct has never been, "You know, maybe I should try to rip that gun out of their hands."
People have caught me. I had a builder one time catch me, and he gave me the grand tour and his business card. When my parents were building their house, we visited this one construction site several times because the layout was similar to my parents new house and my mother wanted to measure some things. If someone is annoyed when they come across me, I apologize and leave. It's no big deal.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Agree^^^^

Here is the thing, how many people have walked through a house under construction?
When we were growing up we use to walk through empty houses under construction all the time, America was growing.
The only difference between the 80's and today is Opioid and Meth Addiction. Ive seen a meth head go through a whole house under construction and strip it down to the studs, only to try and return it to Lowes the next day. Since the guy was going to School to be electrician, he may just been checking out the construction process
I can tell you that most Tweakers Usually have tools, and a truck if the want to rip off abandon houses, I did see any tools or a truck.

What is this missing part of the Video 45 was spouting about yesterday?
I really thought 45 was going to say, it was bad people on both sides
Another difference from then and now is that nowadays, every yahoo wants to be a Dirty Harry.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:22 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And if somebody caught you and confronted you, was your first thought, "You know, I really should punch this guy in the face and try to take his gun."

Yeah, as a kid I trespassed and went places I wasn't legally supposed to do. There were a fields and sheds and empty houses that we snuck into. I got caught a couple times and got an earful about how I wasn't supposed to be there. It was all very annoying at the time. Sometimes it was the property owner confronting me. Sometimes it was a neighbor. It didn't really matter who it was, looking back I was in the wrong and I kinda knew it. At no point did running up and punching them in the face seem like the appropriate response. If I see that somebody else is holding a gun (yes, been there too), my first instinct has never been, "You know, maybe I should try to rip that gun out of their hands."
Tell us the details about such a time when someone confronted you with a gun. Had you been chased over a period of time and distance while on foot by armed individuals in vehicles that you didn't know?

Old 05-12-2020, 12:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Same as brown in Ferguson, Same as Zimmerman /Trevor -don’t break into houses- don’t rob liquor stores - don’t jump on people with guns When you get caught-
Your ethnicity And not having a gun is not a free pass to assault those who catch you

Old 05-12-2020, 12:28 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Same as brown in Ferguson, Same as Zimmerman /Trevor -don’t break into houses- don’t jump on people with guns When you get caught-
Your ethnicity And not having a gun is not a free pass to assault those who catch you
He did not break into the house, it was an open construction site. He only defended himself after being chased by armed men and cornered.

There was no legally valid reason for the McMichaels to take chase and attempt a citizens arrest.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:29 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
They will never get convicted. They will never get convicted. They will never get convicted. Say this over and over in your head. You know why? They will never get convicted.
Maybe not. Maybe not. Maybe not.

However, they are now professional defendants. There will be state actions, civil actions, and the Feds are already salivating. Coupled with bankruptcy.

As I said before, one life snuffed out and three others destroyed.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:37 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Same as brown in Ferguson, Same as Zimmerman /Trevor -don’t break into houses- don’t rob liquor stores - don’t jump on people with guns When you get caught-
Nope. Brown was a menace. He definitely charged the police officer.

Martin didn’t break into any homes. He went to store and was back back to his house. Zimmerman left his house after fighting with his wife looking for someone to else to fight with. He went bothering someone’s underaged son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies