Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 01:40 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yes. I have already said that multiple times in this thread.
Thank you for your admission. I appreciate it.

Question: If you do this (and I have no doubt in my mind that you don't) under what moral/logical reasoning do you believe this to be appropriate behavior?

Old 05-12-2020, 01:41 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Responding to your PM.

No it is not wrong, since you have to prove intent for a burglary charge, and the McMichaels did not know the victims intent and thus can not claim that he was in the act of a felony. They can not chase him down and try to arrest him for a misdemeanor that they did not even witness, since they only saw him running down the road and per their statement to the police thought he looked like a suspect in earlier break ins.
Thinking that someone is a suspect does not meet the requirements of the citizens arrest law in GA.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:42 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
The black guy did not steal anything in this case. What was the occupation of the murderer? I have not seen anything on that either.
There was probably nothing worth taking in the place. I don't believe he was jogging, I beleive he went there to see if anything worth stealing was lying around. Logic supports this belief, based upon the facts: he was at the house before, he was walking until he left it, he was wearing footwear no jogger would don to go for a run.

Good point re: the employment status of the white morons; the son looks like a CroMagnon, I wonder if he has a decent job. All three were dumba**es in my opinion.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:43 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,943,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
As kids, we use to play around construction sites.
It was like a big clubhouse to meet.
Guess we should have all been killed off.
He wasn't killed for trespassing on a construction site. You should probably catch up on the story and at least know what happened. ANd if you would have been any other race, you being killed would not have made the national news and there woudl be no protests.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:48 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Most things to steal from a construction site would be heavy equipment that a jogger would not be able to take. At most he was scoping out things to steal later with a car. Again, no reason for the level of aggressive confrontation the White men initiated.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:49 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If telling the truth is "victim blaming", well, then I guess it is.

This isn't a case where for example a young man was driving at night and his car ran off the road and hit a tree and he died. In which case, digging through his past driving history and publishing his BAL or autopsy reports would be unnecessary, and not the least helpful for the public to know all that, as no decisions of criminal charges need to be considered.

If you've got a case here where a man has died, and other men are facing charges of murder, then it's important to see it from their perspective TOO, so that appropriate charges can be laid or not.

This case isn't just about Arbery. It's about the McMichaels, too, and by extension might make case law in Georgia as far as criteria for a citizens arrest.
I agree with you, that this case is about the McMichaels and their perspective. But I take issue when you put out information that is not factual, but biased. For instance, when you say that the owner of the property is covering his own interests when he states publicly and for the record that he had no relationship with the McMichaels, and that he didn't share his video with them. To believe he is lying about that suggests that you have an agenda.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,628 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I agree with you, that this case is about the McMichaels and their perspective. But I take issue when you put out information that is not factual, but biased. For instance, when you say that the owner of the property is covering his own interests when he states publicly and for the record that he had no relationship with the McMichaels, and that he didn't share his video with them. To believe he is lying about that suggests that you have an agenda.
I don't believe the homeowner is lying, at all.

And yes, I maintain he is trying as hard as he possibly can to distance himself from this incident, even stating he'll never live there after this.

He's gotten death threats over this, for God's sake. How awful.

He's making a very very clear statement that he wants nothing at all to do with this case, and that he didn't share the video.

I believe him.

At this point, since he states he shared the video with LE when it happened, I believe that LE shared it with Greg McMichaels and they're not admitting it. There's SOME way - not through English, the homeowner - but through someone, that McMichaels saw that video before Feb. 23 and recognized Arbery on it. Additionally, I believe English may have shared the video with a different neighbor, who shared it with McMichaels.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:53 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
There was probably nothing worth taking in the place. I don't believe he was jogging, I beleive he went there to see if anything worth stealing was lying around. Logic supports this belief, based upon the facts: he was at the house before, he was walking until he left it, he was wearing footwear no jogger would don to go for a run.

Good point re: the employment status of the white morons; the son looks like a CroMagnon, I wonder if he has a decent job. All three were dumba**es in my opinion.
What evidence do you have that he was there before.

I seen one youtuber with an image at night but no close ups to confirm it was the same person.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:53 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
We did this all the time when we were building and even after we moved into our home. We got in at the early stage of our subdivision so I went into practically every home built after mine. My neighbors who were here before me, went into mine during the build stage. My realtor was the one who suggested we do this to get ideas. She suggested we go into new developments under construction by my builder and if we saw something we like to note the development name and lot number. That way when we went to the design center ,we could tell them I want the same paint color in the kitchen as in the development and lot number. My spouse is from the Brunswick area and we even visited new builds in that area. It is very common in GA.
Another non-answer.

Care to reply to my question?

Old 05-12-2020, 01:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Thank you for your admission. I appreciate it.

Question: If you do this (and I have no doubt in my mind that you don't) under what moral/logical reasoning do you believe this to be appropriate behavior?
OMG. People do it because they are nosy, curious, because they are interested in the workmanship involved. People may be building their own homes, or plan on building their own homes one day. It's appropriate because many, many people do it, and don't get shot for doing it. It's appropriate because builders often anticipate there will be looky-loos. I've seen signs posted, telling looky-loos that the builder will not responsible for any accidents that occur, I've seen signs posted, telling looky-loos that there are video cameras on site, so feel free to look, but don't take. It's not unusual. You may have never done it, but there is a great big world out there, and millions of people do check out construction sites, especially of residential housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies