Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 02:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You have to enter private property to look.

The house isn't floating in space.
It's still open construction. Just framed. And usually, it's builders' spec homes, in a new development. The builders actually hope that some of the looky-loos will be interested enough to want to buy, and will contact them. That's why they put contact info on the counters or in plastic boxes attached to the framing. People look, like and buy.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
So, you would blow the head off of someone who merely walks into the house under construction? I mean the guy could be anyone, an inspector, worker, etc.
An inspector is technically trespassing but that's probably too deep of a concept with this crowd.

A worker has a conditional right to be there.

I can't walk inside your home to get hammer I left behind after the job was done 6 months ago.

So let's say I'm the homeowner and I decide to sleep in the house under construction. When Arbery produces himself and I know he has no right to be there do I make him a cup of tea and watch Netflix with him?

Old 05-12-2020, 02:47 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You would think you're not trespassing if you walked up to a house and opened the unlocked door and walked right in?

That's where you'd be wrong. You can't just breach the door, locked or unlocked.

You can't even come in if the door is OPEN and you've not been given permission. Imagine some family on a gorgeous day, the front door is open, you walk right in and sit down and turn on the TV and think that would be just fine, because you're not stealing or breaking anything. You're just sitting around watching TV.

Um, no. You don't have to lock people out, or put up signage to keep people from illegally trespassing on your property. It's illegal.
Yes, you don't have a right to trespass. But if someone trespassed into your home, and you caught them, then they fled, you would not have a right to chase them down with guns. The second offense is worse than the former.

Not to mention, it was not the home of the McMichaels. So they cannot even be sure it was trespassing on the spot.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's still open construction. Just framed. And usually, it's builders' spec homes, in a new development. The builders actually hope that some of the looky-loos will be interested enough to want to buy, and will contact them. That's why they put contact info on the counters or in plastic boxes attached to the framing. People look, like and buy.
Oh, so you call ahead before you enter the private property?

Is that what you're saying?

Old 05-12-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You would think you're not trespassing if you walked up to a house and opened the unlocked door and walked right in?

That's where you'd be wrong. You can't just breach the door, locked or unlocked.

You can't even come in if the door is OPEN and you've not been given permission. Imagine some family on a gorgeous day, the front door is open, you walk right in and sit down and turn on the TV and think that would be just fine, because you're not stealing or breaking anything. You're just sitting around watching TV.

Um, no. You don't have to lock people out, or put up signage to keep people from illegally trespassing on your property. It's illegal.
We're talking about people checking out under-construction homes. We aren't talking about home invasion.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Yes, you don't have a right to trespass. But if someone trespassed into your home, and you caught them, then they fled, you would not have a right to chase them down with guns. The second offense is worse than the former.

Not to mention, it was not the home of the McMichaels. So they cannot even be sure it was trespassing on the spot.
Very good. Finally a bit of sanity.

Though I don't like classifying violations of rights. That's always in the eye of the beholder. It's best to just not violate rights period but I digress.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:49 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
What if he didn’t have a job? Why does a victim have to be employed, well mannered and perfect in order to receive the benefit of doubt?

The video clearly shows he didn’t take anything but since that damn video exist he must have been casing the joint.

It’s crazy how some people on here keep grasping for anything to justify his murder.
I wonder why there hasn't been as much looking into the lives of the killer? What did the shooter do for a living? What is his education and criminal background?

Seems that is only asked about the victim.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
Maybe you wouldn't do that. I am black and grew up in the hood. I have no problem going into a house to see what is inside. Once, years ago, my spouse and I was visiting a home that was almost finished when a storm passed thru. We waited in that house for over 20 minutes waiting for the storm to pass. No one chased after us with guns when we finally left.
But white liberals say ghetto darkies will always get shot if they do this.

So which one is it? Cuz you can't have it both ways.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:50 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
They told me the same thing in the ghetto.

Intimidated by my education (acquired outside a government indoctrination center)?

I bet you are. I didn't stay dumb and on the teat to your dismay.

Let me talk "black" to make it more clear:

Ya'll straight up trippin', yo. Even if homeboy wasn't down with the G's he's still black with a rap sheet. 5-0 will bum rush that fool on sight.

Better?
lol, no. I could imitate black slang better than you! That is the worst attempt I've even seen from a whitey. But you're entertaining!

Old 05-12-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Oh, so you call ahead before you enter the private property?

Is that what you're saying?
NO.

I might be driving by, and see something that interests me, if someone is around I'll initiate a conversation. If no one is around, I'll take a look. I might be walking by. Same thing. This is open construction. The houses don't have phones. The construction company may have a phone, but why would I bother calling? You don't get it. People get curious about homes under construction, and they go and check it out. End of story. No appointment. No permission. Just casual curiosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies