Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 03:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Thx for the link

McMichael stated he was in his front yard and saw the suspect from the break - ins " hauling ass" down Satilla Drive toward Burford Drive. (No mention of seeing him in the house. doesn't mean he didn't see it or that he did)
McMichael stated he then ran inside his house and called to Travis and said " Travis the guy is running down the street lets go " .

McMichael stated he went to his bedroom and grabbed his Magnum and Travis grabbed his shotgun
(called to Travis sounds like Travis was at least in the vicinity but not necessarily in the house)

Travis doesn't live with his Dad so why was his shotgun so close? He could have left it over at his Dads house or just happened to have it.

I believe the father and son live in different houses.
I may be mistaken, but I think Travis lives in the house in that neighborhood. Dad may spend a lot of time there, but his residence is elsewhere.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:08 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
“Stop, stop, we want to talk to you.”
All that can be heard in the 911 call is 'STOP'. But wait, are you admitting they were not just in the road minding their own?

Old 05-15-2020, 03:09 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
If you and others would stop making stuff up, I wouldn’t have to nitpick.
I havent made anything up.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Oh, he absolutely should have been afraid for his life after he decided to assault a group of armed men. Anyone deciding to do that is committing suicide. Even if they watch too much TV to know it.

He had no reason to be afraid for his life before that though.
He had plenty of reason to be afraid for his life as soon as he understood he was being followed by two strangers in a pick-up. Reasonable people actually feel fear when such things happen.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He had plenty of reason to be afraid for his life as soon as he understood he was being followed by two strangers in a pick-up. Reasonable people actually feel fear when such things happen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
May pose a threat, but doesn’t necessarily pose a threat.

Actually, to be afraid of jail, Arbery would only have to believe that he had done something worthy of jail time.

We cant know what was in his head, but your conclusion isn’t the only possibility.
It certainly posed a threat in this case. These men were behaving recklessly when they decided to pursue a runner using their vehicle, and with their guns.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
May pose a threat, but doesn’t necessarily pose a threat.

Actually, to be afraid of jail, Arbery would only have to believe that he had done something worthy of jail time.

We cant know what was in his head, but your conclusion isn’t the only possibility.
Trespassing. Yeah, that's certainly jail-time worthy. Looky-loos watch out! The law is coming for you. Or at least ex-law men who are trying to relive their glory days and feel all-important again. Stop! Stop! I say! I have no authority over you, but you better do as I tell you, because I have a gun!

Old 05-15-2020, 03:15 PM

10,752 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
How do you know that he "kept going into that house"???

You have one video where he can be identified. ONE.

And looky-loos come in all ages, and the VAST majority aren't thieves or vandals.
Do we know who made the first 911 call? Whoever it was said this about Arbery, “And he’s been caught on camera a bunch before tonight. Kind of an ongoing thing out here.”

Has any investigation been done to determine how this guy knew it was Arbery, if he hadn’t been caught on camera “a bunch of times”?

Old 05-15-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Not in the least. The outrage was caused by those who make their living working up a certain demographic. They heard about this story and knew they could use it to make some money just like all of the other times they've worked people up about similar cases.

Neither of us would have even heard about this case if it wasn't useful to push narratives that make certain people money.
The outrage was caused by two men involved in a shooting where a man died, not even being called in for questioning by the police. The outrage was caused by months going by, while no one investigated. And then a video went viral.

You think people shouldn't get worked up over injustice?

Old 05-15-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Trespassing. Yeah, that's certainly jail-time worthy. Looky-loos watch out! The law is coming for you. Or at least ex-law men who are trying to relive their glory days and feel all-important again. Stop! Stop! I say! I have no authority over you, but you better do as I tell you, because I have a gun!
Jaywalkers too!

You tell them I'm coming, and hell is coming with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies