Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 05:31 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Your "simple" thinking is not quite correct.

There is no evidence Arbery committed a crime, and even if so, there is no evidence the two guys knew of it, and that is a condition to make a citizens arrest.

You mentioned "chasing", well, chasing someone with a gun is illegal. Everything that happened after is the fault of the two guys, not Arbery.

The cops saying someone is a "go to man" is a moot point, the guy has zero authority over any other citizen, Arbery had zero obligation to do anything he instructed.

Acting suspiciously is not grounds for making a citizens arrest, it is not grounds for doing anything really other than calling the cops, or just asking the person, certainly not taking out your gun and go chasing after.

That is your opinion.
The only opinion that will matter will be that of the jury - the rest of the baloney being spouted in this thread is irrelevant.
And juries can be notoriously fickle.
These two will walk.
It won't be the first time a politically-motivated prosecution fails for poor evidence.

Old 05-17-2020, 06:44 AM

10,713 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Ahmaud would probably have realised by now that the consequences of going on to private property in this neighborhood, were extreme to say the least - best not make a nightmare* even worse.

*I've never been pursued by armed people in vehicles down public streets, just for trespass, but a nightmare is probably what I'd call it.
Given his propensity to enter onto private property, even to entering dwellings, it would seem unlikely that that would be a concern.

But how about taking a crack at the question I posed. I think it would make for some good discussion.

Old 05-17-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
No, because as we have told you time and time again, it wouldn't matter because he didn't witness a felony.
My point addresses the common narrative in this thread that the McMichaels didn’t know that Travis had been in the house, and that they couldn’t have seen him enter nor leave the house. If Travis is identified as the caller, that narrative is shut down.

When you establish that the McMichaels affected a citizens arrest, witnessing a felony may well an issue. Is there video or other evidence of a citizens arrest?

But a felony is not required for the McMichaels to drive after Arbery, to accomplish their stated goal of “we want to talk to you.”

Last edited by TaxPhd; 05-17-2020 at 07:14 AM..

Old 05-17-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
I believe that he was. It does sound like he loaded his gun. McMichaels said he had previously blocked Arbery off. I don't believe that he just happened to drive up and start filming and McMicahels just made that up.
So far, it hasn’t been established that Roddy had a gun. In fact, in the recently released video with Roddy and his attorney, it is vehemently denied that Roddy had a gun. To claim that he did have a gun is nothing more than baseless conjecture.

But let’s assume that he did have a gun. How many arms/hands would Roddy have to have in order to drive his vehicle, load/charge his gun, and manage his cell phone?

Old 05-17-2020, 07:05 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
My point addresses the common narrative in this thread that the McMichaels didn’t know that Travis had been in the house, and that they couldn’t have seen him enter nor leave the house. If Travis is identified as the caller, that narrative is shut down.

When you establish that the McMichaels affected a citizens arrest, that may well an issue. Is there video or other evidence of a citizens arrest?

But a felony is not required for the McMichaels to drive after Arbery, to accomplish their stated goal of “we want to talk to you.”
It isn't a narrative. Some are under the mistaken belief that would have given them cause. Others are just trying to get the details right.

If they just wanted to chat, setting up a roadblock with one man standing in the bed with a gun and the other getting out of the truck with a gun was a poor way to go about it. Didn't look like talking was on their mind at all.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Is there any evidence at all to support that claim? If so, please quote it.
The police report and the video.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Do you believe that you know all of the facts of the case, and not just those that have been reported?
I have already stated that more info will come out. I am basing my posts on what is currently available.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Like you continuing to state that he covered a distance of 40 yards. The video clearly shows he took a sharp turn at the front of the truck, not from 40 years away.
I’ve stated that it’s an estimate, based on my calculation. My methodology is provided, if you’d like to do your own calculation to either confirm or disprove my number.

I didn’t say that the sharp turn occurred at 40 yards away from the truck. I very clearly stated that in the video, from the time that we first see Arbery, he runs approximately 40 yards (or so) towards Travis.

You really need to stop mischaracterizing what I’m saying. There is no possible way for you to be unclear about what I wrote on this issue, other than wanton disregard for the truth.

If you go into that video and slow-mo through it and count his strides, how many do you count?

Old 05-17-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The only race-baiters are the killers who baited this young man and then murdered him.
Please provide the evidence that this was a racial issue for the McMichaels.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Passed as in going forward past the front of the truck.

He did not do that because he took a hard left at the front of the truck.

My statement is not false. I said it because it is a true fact.

Why would you say its not? Its on video.

If he passed the truck it was by an inch, not what most people think of as passing the truck.

You strange people with your literalism at the price of common sense are really baffling to me.

Normal people do not use language the way you do. You must have learned that by now lol.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies