Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 11:59 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
And when those people are stopped /asked by police or neighbors they don't run and attack people pointing guns at them.

And yes very often burglars and punks steal and damage from construction sites
How would you know this? Is it COMMON for three trucks full of armed men to go chasing people down?

Old 05-09-2020, 12:30 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm growing weary of reposting information I've already posted, but here it is. Again.

All that's necessary is that the arrestor has a reasonable belief that the person committed a felony in the past.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimina...-s-arrest.html
That doesn't cut it. As my torts professor loved to say, there's the majority rule, the minority rule, and the Georgia rule. What is the rule in Georgia?

Old 05-09-2020, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
I wonder how many here would defend the Rodney King beating, lol
I will, and I almost never defend the cops. The racist media lied their asses off. They showed you an edited video that decontextualized the beating. They left out minutes of video in which Rodney King demonstrated essentially superhuman strength and could not be subdued. Would you have preferred that they shoot him? That was the alternative, and it's an alternative that's used all too often.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Emmitt Till was a 14 year old boy who allegedly wolf whistled at a white lady, and was brutally murdered for it. I can't believe even just glancing at that you couldn't notice any of these.
Emmett Till was alleged to have done more than whistle, and he was killed for being impertinent instead of showing contrition (when the woman's husband would have been satisfied with giving him a good beating). Emmett's dad, by the way, was a rapist who was executed by the US Army for murdering an Italian woman and raping two others.

Old 05-09-2020, 02:15 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Why do some white people on CD think a black person has to answer them because they ask a question?

Like,who are YOU?

Black people do NOT have to answer to you.

Same thing with Trayvon.

Old 05-09-2020, 02:18 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Emmett Till was alleged to have done more than whistle, and he was killed for being impertinent instead of showing contrition (when the woman's husband would have been satisfied with giving him a good beating). Emmett's dad, by the way, was a rapist who was executed by the US Army for murdering an Italian woman and raping two others.

So what did Emmett Till do?

Meanwhile,we have accounts of black women getting raped in the south during that period and nothing happened to their attackers.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:01 AM

227 posts, read 97,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShySkye View Post
Who "attacks" people with guns unless it's self defense.
It was self defense.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:17 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Why do some white people on CD think a black person has to answer them because they ask a question?

Like,who are YOU?

Same thing with Trayvon.
That’s a culturally-engrained entitlement issues that they have from Jim Crow and slavery days. They and those like them still believe that someone black must answer their question when and how they want it and if the black person doesn’t, they feel taking that person’s life is justified. That type of entitlement certainly falls within the scope of mental illness somewhere.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:53 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Like,who are YOU?

Same thing with Trayvon.
I have to agree.

Some people seem to feel that they have the right to ride around demanding that people submit to them. An Ex-cop? I can see that. he spent a career making people submit to his authority. His son? He's with daddy, daddy says go for it.

The black man in question is like, Well who the Eff are you? I would be too. I grew up in farm country. Lived my entire life in farm country. The exception being my 4 years in the military and the last 2 living abroad. 51 out of 57. Never did I or anyone I know pull what those necks in the trucks did. That is just insane.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:09 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I have to agree.

Some people seem to feel that they have the right to ride around demanding that people submit to them. An Ex-cop? I can see that. he spent a career making people submit to his authority. His son? He's with daddy, daddy says go for it.

The black man in question is like, Well who the Eff are you? I would be too. I grew up in farm country. Lived my entire life in farm country. The exception being my 4 years in the military and the last 2 living abroad. 51 out of 57. Never did I or anyone I know pull what those necks in the trucks did. That is just insane.
total and complete insanity. The guy who took the video is under investigation now too.

And NO BOND for the yahoos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies