Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 07:57 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
When did Travis previously come at him with a gun?
Travis got out of the truck with the gun. It appears to me in the video that he pointed the gun at Arbery but that is not totally clear at this point.

Nevertheless, my assumption if someone stops their truck in the middle of the road and gets out and faces me especially with a gun is that they intend to keep coming and have some sort of encounter or confrontation with me.

I think most reasonable people would assume that and operate off that assumption. You are free to disagree.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
There is no question that Roddy was behind Arbery in his vehicle. But “herding” is not supported by either the video nor the report.

I understand that you want to bolster your position, but making stuff up isn’t the way to do it.
From the dead mans perspective it would have looked an awful lot like being herded. He had kn was of knowing that the second person that pilled out in front of him when he turned around the first time wasn't involved. A normal person would think that he was involved when he continued to follow him after he ran the other way. From the video he WAS following him and running him right to where the McMichaels were parked waiting fro him.

Maybe Arbery should have stopped him to ask if he was involved in the chase while he was being chased.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
If you weren’t talking about the Arbery situation, when did they strap on their guns and try to hunt down these other unknown criminals?
Both the McMichaels and the neighbor Perez armed themselves when they went to check out the house under construction two weeks earlier.

They say they were confronting Arbery, but that has not been conclusively proven to me. I dont know if those videos are Arbery or another black man.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:02 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Travis got out of the truck with the gun. It appears to me in the video that he pointed the gun at Arbery but that is not totally clear at this point.

Nevertheless, my assumption if someone stops their truck in the middle of the road and gets out and faces me especially with a gun is that they intend to keep coming and have some sort of encounter or confrontation with me.

I think most reasonable people would assume that and operate off that assumption. You are free to disagree.
Then there is the fact that in the video Arbery sees Travis on the drivers side and then swerves to the passenger side of the truck. While Arbery is doing this Travis then moves from the drives side near the door to around in front of the truck. It appears that move is an attempt to once again cut off Arberys escape. That move from the passenger side door area to in front of the truck is Travis advancing on Arbery when Arbery was moving away from Travis. It is only after Travis moved from driver side to front of truck that Arbery made a turn to the left.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:05 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Then there is the fact that in the video Arbery sees Travis on the drivers side and then swerves to the passenger side of the truck. While Arbery is doing this Travis then moves from the drives side near the door to around in front of the truck. It appears that move is an attempt to once again cut off Arberys escape. That move from the passenger side door area to in front of the truck is Travis advancing on Arbery when Arbery was moving away from Travis. It is only after Travis moved from driver side to front of truck that Arbery made a turn to the left.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I believe that accuracy is important. Don’t you?

If one were to testify that two shotguns had been leveled at the deceased, and it was later determined that there was only one shotgun, could this be a problem for the witness’ credibility?
Generally speaking. But, we're in a discussion forum not a trial so unlike you I dont feel the need to quibble with people over every word choice, typo, mistatement, etc to the point of boring people with reading unnecessary BS..........especially when I know what they meant.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Of course it does. Particularly when you don’t identify it as your opinion.

Great. Tell us all about how those unsubstantiated opinions are actually logical, and based on the facts. I look forward to your analysis.

By all means, quote my opinions that I’ve presented as facts, or not made it clear that they’re my opinions. Tell us about how they’re stupid, and let’s have a discussion.

It’s easy to stand back and just sling mud. Let’s see if you’ve got the chops to back up your nonsense.
No.

I'm not backing up anything to you. Get lost lol.

Both of our posts are plain to see. I'm quite comfortable with my posts.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Nope. From 220 to 230 is five houses, not two.

Look at the Zillow map, and check the addresses. It will really help.
Yes, the bing map is apparently out of date.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:14 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
I think the worst part about this whole thing was that the poor kid was surrounded by racist alligators shooting at him with assault rifles for hours giving him no choice but to go on the attack.

If you're going to go with a fantasy land type defense for the thief, you guys should at least make it interesting.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:16 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I think the worst part about this whole thing was that the poor kid was surrounded by racist alligators shooting at him with assault rifles for hours giving him no choice but to go on the attack.

If you're going to go with a fantasy land type defense for the thief, you guys should at least make it interesting.

Not just a poor kid but a poor kid trying to keep fit by jogging in saggy shorts while stopping every so often to pick up tips to improve his planned career in the construction industry ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies