Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 12:12 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
You would think, but who knows? Maybe the police now have them? It may turn out more helpful to the defense if they aren't turned in because it will raise the question, "What were those things?" You have to know that each side will break down the video frame-for-frame for the jury. Those objects will be addressed at some point.
Yeah I agree they will show greatly enhanced video frame by frame for whatever is helpful to them.

Personally, I dont think the issue of a hammer will ever be mentioned. Its only been mentioned by people on social media.

Guessing anything laying on the roads in question is likely a stick.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:14 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Well not sure if you are describing a highway or a suburban neighborhood.

My experience in suburban neighborhoods is that there generally are not tools lying around either on the roads or even the sides of the roads.

In any case, when people are out walking/running or sometimes even driving if there is something in the road that could result in a flat or you could hit and send flying, etc lots of people will pick it up and put it on the side of the road or dispose of it some other way.

Hard to imagine that these oh so vigilant neighbors would not have connected random tools in the road to the shooting and turned them into the police.

No reliable source has ever been produced for the tools issue. And, it was first started by people who were trying to say that Arbery was not a jogger because he was wearing Timberlake boots. We know that to be totally false both from video and the autopsy report. IMO its simply part of a narrative to smear him.
Suburban neighborhood. I wasn't peddling a bike on the highway.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:18 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
The owner of the property released many videos showing many people just checking out the construction site and didn't take anything. People are naturally curious of construction sites.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:20 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nope. That requires an unlawful intent. No indication that Arbery had one. Latest out of the owner is that he likely stopped there to get a drink.
You stated;

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The officer knew that it is not an offense to enter a house under construction. So the police would not be able to do anything if they caught someone in the house. The setup was designed to let McMichael act as an agent of the owner and order any caught in the home to stay out. There is the interesting question of whether or not an officer can act as the agent of the owner and order someone not to enter the home. And would any police officer do or does it have to be the specific officer who communicated with the owner?

The primary issue will be the citizen arrest. Both sides will likely present evidence like the testimony of DAs that it was a legal citizen arrest and not a legal citizens arrest. And I do not see any easy way for a jury to determine which DAs are right. So there is the reasonable doubt.
If McMichael is an authorized agent, then under Georgia law;

"Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving, prior to such entry, notice from the owner, rightful occupant, or, upon proper identification, an authorized representative of the owner or rightful occupant that such entry is forbidden;"

A cop will come out if called in about a trespasser in your scenario, in your scenario, where McMicheal is an agent of an owner and tells the person to leave or cannot come onto the property, if the person still came onto the property or did not leave, that is trespassing.

However, there is no evidence McMicheal did any of that, and it is still a misdemeanor, which does not rise to the level of making a citizens arrest. I imagine case law has something to say regarding two guys chasing someone with guns over a misdemeanor.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:20 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
So if a thief is in your house without your permission, you would be fine with it? So okay with it that you wouldn't even want to question him about it?

I always knew people would twist themselves in knots trying to justify his actions but c'mon man, you can't expect anyone to rationally go along with what you are saying.
Where did "thief" come from. You aware of something stolen by Arbery? If not there is no thief involved.

Early in the build process I could not care less. Later on in the process I would secure the home and post it.

Last house I had built was in upstate NY and half the world visited it early on. The reason was that it had a substantial collapse of the basement wall after a large rain storm and half the town learned about it and took a look. Was a mess. Wall replaced with a whole set of structures and drains. Worked out fine.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:23 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,685 times
Quote:
So if a thief is in your house without your permission, you would be fine with it? So okay with it that you wouldn't even want to question him about it?

I always knew people would twist themselves in knots trying to justify his actions but c'mon man, you can't expect anyone to rationally go along with what you are saying.
This person contended earlier in this thread that you must have a "No Trespassing" sign in your front yard or on your house or else people are legally-protected to walk into your house at any time. I wouldn't take what he says too seriously.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:23 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:

How is explaining the law twisting something?

In GA he has to damage the property or interfere with the owners usage and possession for a charge of criminal trespass to be made. And, even then its a misdemeanor.

The exception is if you put up signage to keep people out or tell them to keep out and they come back.

https://www.survivalsullivan.com/geo...spassing-laws/

Old 05-18-2020, 12:24 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
If they find some car parts, they could try and say he stole those too, yes?
I suppose. I don't think is such a great case for the prosecution and I'm not surprised that it took so long to attempt to adjudicate it.

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Lo and behold, surveillance videos show multiple people have actually wandered through that house, include white children and a white couple on the SAME DAY as the shooting.

Yeah, there was no racial profiling that went on and race had 'nothing' at all to do with this.

Needless to say, some of you may need to go back to the drawing board and rethink your arguments in favor of the two defendants who shot Arbery to death, as it has already been proven on this thread that the two had ZERO legal backing for their actions, and multiple people had gone through that construction house.

Go to time 1:20 of video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttm_UOojaLU

Surveillance videos show multiple people had trespassed at the home Ahmaud Arbery visited. He was the only one killed

Before Ahmaud Arbery's death, multiple people walked through construction site, report says

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
I come back to my original question; does a normal person trespass on a construction site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies