Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 11:45 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Glynn County Sheriff.

And yes, they’re under serious investigation.

What caught my attention is that Arbery is one helluva physical specimen. That taser didn’t do squat to him. And it’s crazy how when he was shot in the chest, he kept fighting for a good while until they shot him again.

Dude was skinny, but he was fit.
It didn't work. He wasn't tazed. His body looks good, yes, lol, but he didn't just stand there unfazed by a taze.

Old 05-19-2020, 11:46 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The roadblock the McMichaels set up would alarm and feel potentially threatening to any sane person even if they walked, ran, or drove into it while doing nothing even remotely illegal or suspicious and totally minding their own business.

Occasionally, private citizens are in the roadway and directing traffic away from an injured person/animal until authorities arrive.

But, when is the last time anyone in here saw a roadblock set up by private citizens who are armed with one of the armed men standing in the bed of the truck towering over anyone who approaches.

If you arent threatened by that sitch, then you are a danged fool.

The only reason you wouldnt feel threatened is if you believed you had wandered onto a movie set by accident.
They said they wanted to question him. He felt threatened that they would do what?

Old 05-19-2020, 11:47 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Makes me wonder if the taser was operating or operated correctly. I'd expect at least a reflexive muscle twitch. I can't believe a shock was actually transmitted.
I agree. Maybe it wasn't charged up?

Old 05-19-2020, 11:47 AM

10,710 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
Given the fact the he was confronted for the second time by the murderer with a loaded gun, he was well within his right to defend himself. The murderer confronted him on several occasions, the last two with a loaded gun. You live in a fantasy world. Come back to reality. You are funny! A great distraction while I shelter inside. Keep the craziness coming. I love it!
100% unsubstantiated alternative reality. For all the reasons that have already been addressed.

Old 05-19-2020, 11:48 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
They said they wanted to question him. What in particular would he feel threatened about ?
They chased him around for 4 minutes, and it appears one of them pointed a gun at him, even though there is no indication he had been a threat to them.

I'm guessing any thought he had about possible threats, was justified.

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Glynn County Sheriff.

And yes, they’re under serious investigation.

What caught my attention is that Arbery is one helluva physical specimen. That taser didn’t do squat to him. And it’s crazy how when he was shot in the chest, he kept fighting for a good while until they shot him again.

Dude was skinny, but he was fit.
Officer Haney attempted to tase Arbery, but his Taser malfunctioned, according to Kanago’s report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyBlock View Post
Sorry but this is backwards. Travis followed Arbury with a weapon and use his vehicle as a weapon also. Then threatened him with said weapons and chased him with weapons. No doubt at all that Travis was the attacker and Arbury was trying to defend himself. It's clearly obvious
Where is the evidence?

Old 05-19-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
At the point in time when the truck stopped, the activity was accosting an unarmed man, while holding weapons. That is when the legal justification for Arbery to feel a need to defend himself actually begins. When the younger McMichaels exits the truck holding a shotgun, and Arbery veers to the right, and McMichaels proceeds around the open door of the truck to the front of the pickup, a reasonable person would assess McMichaels as a threat. After a protracted pursuit, to be confronted by a man wielding a shotgun is the very essence of threat.
Do you really not understand how far away the stopped truck was from Arbery?

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yep......even though those trained local yokels were basically harassing him in the park video.
I don't understand this incoherent babble.

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
They said they wanted to question him. What in particular would he feel threatened about ?
I would feel threatened just by one vehicle with two men pursuing me. That's what would make me change direction. Then they continue to pursue me, and a second vehicle seems to join the pursuit, more threatened, change direction again, and then they cut me off, and the driver gets out with a shotgun. Hmmm, I think I'd be peeing my pants at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies