Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 09:59 AM

10,743 posts, read 5,668,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because he had a car parked there somewhere????

Let me see, I am jogging. I am dressed for jogging. I am miles away from my home with no other means of mobility then my own two feet. Hmmm...
Are you again suggesting that “jogging” is the only way Arbery could get to the neighborhood without a car?

I would have expected that putting your foot in your mouth one time over this issue would have been enough for you. Apparently, I was wrong.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:01 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Roddy appears to be crossing lanes in what looks like a swerving action, that would indicate he's herding Ahmaud.

Looks like he was part of the hunt and now he's a prosecution witness.

Ratting on his neighbours to save his bacon.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:01 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Personally, I think we will find out that many people in that neighborhood were waiting and on the lookout for the chance to catch Arbery and that the McMichaels were already involved in that before the neighbor called 911.
If that is sow what do you think about it and if so how will it effect the outcome of the case?

Old 05-20-2020, 10:03 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Are you again suggesting that “jogging” is the only way Arbery could get to the neighborhood without a car?

I would have expected that putting your foot in your mouth one time over this issue would have been enough for you. Apparently, I was wrong.
This fake lawyer act isn't fooling anyone. It's clear you don't have an argument, so you're trying to skate by on technicalities that change. Again... the evidence he was there to jogging is circumstantial and would completely hold up in court.

It's like arguing... yeah, the guy is in his office building during work hours wearing his uniform... but do we REALLY know he was there for work...lol

Old 05-20-2020, 10:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
My yard helpers are both black. One is 60 and one 75; I'm a 70 year old white woman. They're both worked for me over 7 years but still call me "Miss ***", never just my first name. Geez, the older one has driven me to colonoscopy appointments - you'd think that would rate a first name basis.
Nah...older black folks just don’t do that. In fact, black folks of any age are taught never to just call folks by their first names.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:

I am suggesting that he was actually jogging, he was wearing jogging attire, he had no car. What's your suggestion about how Arbery got to the neighborhood? Private plane?

Old 05-20-2020, 10:05 AM

@TaxPhd

how can Roddy explain driving in the left lane?

Old 05-20-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I am suggesting that he was actually jogging, he was wearing jogging attire, he had no car. What's your suggestion about how Arbery got to the neighborhood? Private plane?
surveillance camera, NY Times video shows him walking down the street and walking into the house

what separates jogging attire from regular attire?

suggesting doesn't count and jogging is irrelevant as I had recently went into detail on

Old 05-20-2020, 10:08 AM

10,743 posts, read 5,668,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Ok.

So then please explain how at the :14-15 mark of this clip, you can see Arbery make a sharp cut to the right to go AROUND the vehicle, opposite from where Travis is standing. And you can clearly see Travis is standing to left of the door when Arbery makes that cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLN4PAJEYc8

Start at :14, slow down the YouTube to .25x if you need to. All of it is right there.

Now what was that about you not making up facts that contradict the video?

And just to help you out further...

At the moment when Arbery starts to cut back right over the double yellow line, we lose sight of Travis, and don’t see him again until he emerges to the left from in front of the truck, fighting with Arbery. At that same time that we lose sight of Travis, we also lose sight of Arbery until he is moving to the left again to cross in front of the truck.

I know that I can’t see what either of them are doing during that time, but perhaps you can.

So, what were the two of them doing during the time when we can’t see them?

And more importantly, what, if anything, do you think I’m “making up” about this?

Last edited by TaxPhd; 05-20-2020 at 10:22 AM..

Old 05-20-2020, 10:13 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
At the moment when Arbery starts to cut back right over the double yellow line, we lose sight of Travis, and don’t see him again until he emerges to the left from from in front of the truck, fighting with Arbery. At that same time that we lose sight of Travis, we also lose sight of Arbery until he is moving to the left again to cross in front of the truck.

I know that I can’t see what either of them are doing during that time, but perhaps you can.

So, what were the two of them doing during the time when we can’t see them?

And more importantly, what, if anything, do you think I’m “making up” about this?
So first, let's just clarify that you lied about the events. Arbery was not running at Travis, right? You clearly see him in the two stills I included, running away from where Travis is standing.

We'll deal with the rest of this shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies