Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 11:18 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Riding an invisible unicycle is nonsensical. Walking is reasonable.

Do you really not want to engage in a reasonable discussion?

Blondy, this is the situation that I was describing earlier.

jjrose has concluded that a “rational person” necessarily comes to a particular conclusion, and therefore no other conclusion is possible.

In this case, walking is a perfectly viable alternative to the “jogging” conclusion.

Does this clarify what I was trying to describe earlier?
I dont wont to speak for someone else, but I will and jjrose can correct me if I am wrong.

To me its the same thing I already told you. She's leaving out the words......yeah sure is there 1 or 2 rational people that might thing he was walking and therefore not a jogger? She's also leaving out the words that walking during a jog does not make you not a jogger.

Why? Because who the heck wants to type all that out when most of us believe that normal rational people already know all that.

You are frustrated by it because you expect the whole world to state things the way you would, reach conclusions the same way you do, I dunno why really.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I guess we can add dangerous driving to Roddy's resume, along with the backstabbing.
Actually, I think it is illegal to have a cell phone in your hands while driving in GA

Will the state be able to use illegally procured video?

Old 05-20-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I wonder if this could help clarify the “Officer Nash” involvement. I know some neighborhood watches have some sort of police “liaison.”

Although, if that is case, I expect Greg will be quite anxious to get that on the record at trial.
I'm thinking not.

The PD has already thrown Officer Rash under the bus.

Someone posted a link earlier this morning. The bus throwing part is down at the very end after a long string of other PD's chiming in that it was wrong.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:24 AM

10,743 posts, read 5,668,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Really? So what's the point you're making here? Sounds like you're spinning a story that Travis was trying to take shelter in front of the car bc Arbery was running AT him.

The stills I posted shows that it's completely contrary to what you are trying to sell.

How much clearer do we need to outline your lie?

It's an immaterial point.

see above

Nope. We're on the same page.
Still waiting for you to quote me where I’ve lied.

Quote:
So facts that aren't in question.
Arbery ran away from Travis
At one point the truck was between Travis and Arbery
Travis moved to the front of the truck with his brandished weapon after Arbery put the truck between them

At that point, is it reasonable to assume that Travis is trying to close the distance and escalate this into a confrontation?
The only item in your list that isn’t in question is that at one point, the truck was between Travis and Arbery. Everything else is your interpretation and spin, but entirely unsupported by the video.

The football example is quite apropos. It’s pretty clear why you won’t address it.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:25 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Actually, I think it is illegal to have a cell phone in your hands while driving in GA

Will the state be able to use illegally procured video?
I'm sure the defense would be happy if it couldn't.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:29 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:

The football example is quite apropos. It’s pretty clear why you won’t address it.
Probably because having a gun pointed at the player, isn't a part of football.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Mother said he was out for daily run.
Others in the neighborhood had seen him jogging in the neighborhood.

Different people may have seen him moving on foot at many different paces from a walk to a sprint. It would not change a thing in this case. People may have seen him stop to do push ups and that would not change a thing in regards to this case.
That’s right, neither walking nor jogging will change a thing.

But there is a reason why the jogging narrative has been pushed. It’s to try to establish that Arbery WASN’T in the neighborhood for nefarious reasons. Pushing that narrative is just as inappropriate as trying to establish that Arbery is a “Bad guy” and WAS in the neighborhood for nefarious reasons based on incidents from his past.

Both positions are nothing more than “spin” on the current situation and have no place in a discussion about what actually happened.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I'm sure the defense would be happy if it couldn't.
Yep....especially the whole video which we have not yet seen.

Seems like they already started laying the groundwork to keep it out by saying there are issues with the date/time stamps when they made their first press appearances.

And, the New York Times seems to have confirmed that there are issues with the date/time stamps.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I dont wont to speak for someone else, but I will and jjrose can correct me if I am wrong.

To me its the same thing I already told you. She's leaving out the words......yeah sure is there 1 or 2 rational people that might thing he was walking and therefore not a jogger? She's also leaving out the words that walking during a jog does not make you not a jogger.

Why? Because who the heck wants to type all that out when most of us believe that normal rational people already know all that.

You are frustrated by it because you expect the whole world to state things the way you would, reach conclusions the same way you do, I dunno why really.
I’m not sure if you’re being deliberately obtuse, or if you really don’t understand it. That’s ok, it doesn’t look like this is going anywhere.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Probably because having a gun pointed at the player, isn't a part of football.
In what way does a gun change what is illustrated by the example?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies