Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 09:03 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,751,473 times

Advertisements

Don't worry. The smear campaign is coming. Before this is over he will be "MS 13, Al Queda and ISIS" all wrapped into one. Superthug. Zimmerman defense.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:21 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Don't worry. The smear campaign is coming. Before this is over he will be "MS 13, Al Queda and ISIS" all wrapped into one. Superthug. Zimmerman defense.
LOL ya we all know it's coming.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:28 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
We learned that Roddy played a bigger role in this than he wanted everyone to believe. He was not innocent as he did a fair amount of chasing.

We also learned, although I am sure no one is surprised, that the murderer basically hated black people and called them slurs whenever he found a chance.

One interesting thing to me was that the murdering McMichaels all lived in the same house but gave different addresses on the police report. I wonder what that was about.
I think we already knew the first point, hence the charges against him and evidenced by the fact that he was part of the so called "boxing in". But yes I agree Roddy has been trying to minimise his role.

On the second point, I don't think it will be material to the case at the end of the day. And yes I also agree that we all are not surprised.

I hadn't picked up on the last point and don't really have an opinion on what it is about, but one must suspect there is a nefarious reason for it.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:39 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times
Quote:

One interesting thing to me was that the murdering McMichaels all lived in the same house but gave different addresses on the police report. I wonder what that was about.
This is easy. TM is a 35 year old living with his folks. He's embarrassed about it. Trust me, sometimes some people want to hide the silliest things that the rest of us wouldn't think much about.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
This is easy. TM is a 35 year old living with his folks. He's embarrassed about it. Trust me, sometimes some people want to hide the silliest things that the rest of us wouldn't think much about.
Surely there is more to it than that. Wonder who lives at the false address.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:04 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
We learned that Roddy played a bigger role in this than he wanted everyone to believe. He was not innocent as he did a fair amount of chasing.

We also learned, although I am sure no one is surprised, that the murderer basically hated black people and called them slurs whenever he found a chance.

Travis has a child but is living with his parents and sister. Maybe his ex...the mother of his child.....lives in a house that is still jointly owned? Just guessing.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:05 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I think we already knew the first point, hence the charges against him and evidenced by the fact that he was part of the so called "boxing in". But yes I agree Roddy has been trying to minimise his role.

On the second point, I don't think it will be material to the case at the end of the day. And yes I also agree that we all are not surprised.

I hadn't picked up on the last point and don't really have an opinion on what it is about, but one must suspect there is a nefarious reason for it.
I dont think it will be material to this case particularly. But, it may be material in a Federal hate crime charge/trial down the road.

Old 06-05-2020, 12:20 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,616,067 times
Oh, the revelation that a racial slur was directed at Ahmaud as he lay dying is VERY much relevant to the entire case.

It further seems to indicate that racial motives were very significant, and that it was was as much to get even with a Black individual for 'payback' as it was trying to 'detain' someone they suspected of being a thief.

Chasing after someone in a truck while armed, continuing to chase him as he tries to get away from the truck (and avoid confrontation), hit him, and then block his way, this was very much a personal vendetta.

Old 06-05-2020, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Oh, the revelation that a racial slur was directed at Ahmaud as he lay dying is VERY much relevant to the entire case.

It further seems to indicate that racial motives were very significant, and that it was was as much to get even with a Black individual for 'payback' as it was trying to 'detain' someone they suspected of being a thief.
How do you feel that conclusion can be drawn from that? I don't think a competent defence will have a problem dealing with that.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:52 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Ahmaud Arbery was hit with a truck before he died, and his killer allegedly used a racial slur, investigator testifies https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/mcmichaels-hearing-ahmaud-arbery/index.html
Not surprised. Yet people are intent on defending those savages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies