Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 08:18 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If the ten year olds had a history of weapons charges like they knew this guy did then sure. Hopefully the ten year old kids would be smart enough to not attack and it wouldn't be a problem.

Also, you keep talking about a "roadblock", they were merely stopped in the road, he easily ran around them and could have kept going, but he decided for whatever reason to stop and double back to attack them. They didn't really move from where they were.

I don't get why people are bending over backwards to make excuses for this guy.
I for one am not making any excuses. I am questioning why they needed to chase him with their truck with loaded long guns in the vehicle?

Most sane people in the world would like to know why Bubba and Bubba Junior felt it was ok to do that on a maybe.

I would be all in on their side if the victim had been in their home and they killed him for it. I would be ok if he had only gone in their garage and the they shot him while in the garage.

He went in a vacant home under construction, stole nothing and left. Most sane people at the very worst say rude to trespass and maybe they call the police. They don't say "Go get the truck boys, we got a live one on the run. Let's get him before he gets away."

Old 05-10-2020, 08:19 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
That's the buck fever aspect of it - it was all about the hunt.
Ever notice that the murderers/lynchers are always these obese, unattractive creatures who satisfy their bloodlust murdering young black men in their prime. Its like these doughy, inbred murderers whip themselves into a sexual frenzy at the idea of landing a prize buck. In the past, the lynchers would even cut off body parts as souvenirs.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25069734?seq=1

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Same as when you're unarmed and someone presents a weapon at you - you assume the worst, and act instantly.
And that is what leads me to have the position that the McMichaels were in the wrong--again based on what evidence has been released only--here. Criminal or not, if you are illegally detained/are being threatened by someone with a firearm, you have an inherent right of self defense and there is no expectation that you just stand still where you are; of course, it would have been wise for Ahmaud to stand still and not attack as he'd likely be alive today, but that's another story. And based on the McMichaels' own words noting that they thought Ahmaud fit the description of a prior robbery suspect, it is hard to believe that the elder McMichael got out of his car with his shotgun to simply shoot the breeze.

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
What a mess. Possible premeditation.
No, not possible premeditation, it's reasonable suspicion that the guy was an armed and dangerous thief. I mean, the fact that they knew him, helps their case.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:20 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If I'm running away from someone that has a shotgun who wants to stop me after catching me in a house, I'm not going to turn and charge them, I'm going to continue running.

The decision to attack an armed person is one of the least rational decisions one can make.

If the deceased continued running and they shot him, that's absolutely murder and I say give them the death penalty for it. That's not what happened though.
Probably a fairly good chance you'll end up dead anyway - always assume the worst from those chasing you with guns.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:21 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
And sadly, it didn't stop there.
https://twitter.com/BottomDiaper/sta...14956123176960

Old 05-10-2020, 08:22 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I for one am not making any excuses. I am questioning why they needed to chase him with their truck with loaded long guns in the vehicle?
Because they knew who he was, they had reason to believe that he was an armed and dangerous thief who had been caught in a house under construction and they wanted to stop him before there were more burglaries.....including their own car that was burglarized a month beforehand.

Knowing he has weapons charges and charges related to being a thief is reason to think if you plan on following him, you better be armed.....and when confronted, he attacked.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:22 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Yes. You said they “looked at homes.” Not trespass into homes. And not while “running.” I looked at about 30 buildings today, that doesn’t mean I trespassed into them. Are you really that desperate to support your narrative?
Clearly looking at homes for ideas entails going inside. Are you really that desperate to support your narrative? There are people who like to look at homes being constructed.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You’re trying to make it as if blacks are always the victims, and whites are always the perpetrators. I could just as well have said “Jews, carry a firearm at all times” after the slew of assaults and attempted murder raged on them in NY by blacks, but then I’d be called racist for suggesting such a thing.

The double standards on this forum are unbelievable.
Your opinions, based on your posts on this forum, are solidly anti-black.

Black people, protect yourselves and carry a firearm AT ALL TIMES

Old 05-10-2020, 08:23 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Of course, Candace Owens is exactly right. While I think that the McMichaels--based on the available evidence that has been released so far--were in the wrong legally, I refuse to jump on the bandwagon of faux-outrage for those who make it their life work to express outrage when a black life is lost at the hand of a white person, but will remain silent for those innocents lost at the hands of other blacks. And I note that, even from an interracial homicide standpoint, blacks kill far more whites in this country every year than the reverse is true (almost double), despite the fact that there are FAR more whites in this country than blacks.
Even Family Guy once mentionned black on black crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2amS4-1dS0c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies