Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2020, 10:32 PM

15,823 posts, read 6,534,658 times

Advertisements

If you're living on your own among a younger population far from family then it's easy to assume risk and take chances. Many people though have families living nearby, and at least some of those family members are probably in higher risk groups. It's less easy to risk exposure when you may end up killing other family members. You have more motivation to stay clean, maintain social distancing, and wear a mask when strangers are proximate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 10:51 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
How about when you have to go to grocery store where you encounter asymptomatic positive people not wearing masks or social distancing to get supplies and I bring Coronavirus home to my elderly mom and disabled brother that I'm taking care of?

Not easy staying locked in your house, eating frozen veggies, and meat from 15 years ago...doing it though...losing weight and going hungry...will stay "locked in" a year if necessary and will fight to the death to protect my elderly mom and disabled brother.

Haven't been to grocery store in 2 months because of selfish people that think like you and don't care for others.
Oh come on. Even if grocery delivery isn't available in your area, a lot of food is able to be purchased in other ways. You don't have to eat 15 year old food, and I doubt that you are.

https://www.walmart.com/browse/shop-...734780_7455738

Old 05-09-2020, 11:12 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,656,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Oh come on. Even if grocery delivery isn't available in your area, a lot of food is able to be purchased in other ways. You don't have to eat 15 year old food, and I doubt that you are.

https://www.walmart.com/browse/shop-...734780_7455738

True...I tried that "instacart" delivery thing once about a month ago (a viable more pricey option) for a gallon of milk, 18 eggs, bag of apples, a few large onions, and 3 large yogurts since my disabled brother loves yogurt and none was left. Ration it out in small cups...still have a little left. Elderly mom gets meals on wheels (a godsend) only 3 days a week which helps (a continental breakfast, frozen meal, and a hot meal)...not much and bland but enough...kind of like "prison food" from what I hear. People used to make fun of her since she has tons of canned food in pantry...coming in handy now. And a garage freezer with boatloads of frozen veggies...around 30 bags?! (and some meat, chicken, corned beef, a whole turkey, etc) from around 15 years ago. Not much fresh veggies/fruit left (growing tons of 20 cent wal-mart seed packs..."red cherry" tomatoes (and some from an old big pre covid tomato from store) though in pots/big cups), so I'm definitely eating 15 year old veggies (boil the crap out of all of it)...had frozen OKRA tonight (a lil nasty) in an original Vons bag with an "old school" label price of 25 cents lol! Oh yeah, made a killer corned beef for Easter in freezer from year 2008...tasted great along with the fresh potatoes from neighbor...not so much though for the 15 year old frozen green beans!

Last edited by Fisherman99; 05-09-2020 at 11:40 PM..

Old 05-09-2020, 11:20 PM

6,340 posts, read 2,893,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Disease from tobacco use is not contagious.

The tobacco pandemic is a contagious disease that is transmitted through advertising
https://kpi.ua/en/601-11
As reported by The New York Times in August 2018, tobacco companies have paid social media influencers to promote cigarettes on platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as part of a marketing strategy documented in more than 40 countries.

Also second hand smoke kills 41,000 people every year in the US.

Also this study was published:

Full lockdown policies in Western Europe countries have no evident impacts on the COVID-19 epidemic.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.20078717v1

Old 05-09-2020, 11:27 PM

13,247 posts, read 7,300,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I choose to be free. I choose to have liberty, how does that threaten your health if you choose to house arrest?

The same can be said about this rushed untested vaccine that is going to be forced upon you....
If you are vaccinated, why are you worried I'm not. You are immune..... right?
79696 Americans would disagree with you but they are dead now so I guess they don't get a say in it anymore.

Last edited by kell490; 05-09-2020 at 11:43 PM..

Old 05-09-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
75000 people would disagree with you but they are dead now so I guess they don't get a say in it anymore.

Up to 80,000 now...

Old 05-09-2020, 11:41 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,617,686 times
Quote:
How about when you have to go to grocery store where you encounter asymptomatic positive people not wearing masks or social distancing to get supplies and I bring Coronavirus home to my elderly mom and disabled brother that I'm taking care of?

Not easy staying locked in your house, eating frozen veggies, and meat from 15 years ago...doing it though...losing weight and going hungry...will stay "locked in" a year if necessary and will fight to the death to protect my elderly mom and disabled brother.

Haven't been to grocery store in 2 months because of selfish people that think like you and don't care for others.
It's selfish to be keeping your elderly mother locked up inside like a caged animal feeding her 15 year old meat and tasteless frozen food from meals on wheels. There are things worse than death.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:44 PM

13,247 posts, read 7,300,036 times
Quote:
Up to 80,000 now...
I corrected my number it's actually 79696 from CDC website

Old 05-09-2020, 11:50 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times
Quote:
True...I tried that "instacart" delivery thing once about a month ago (a viable more pricey option) for a gallon of milk, 18 eggs, bag of apples, a few large onions, and 3 large yogurts since my disabled brother loves yogurt and none was left. Ration it out in small cups...still have a little left. Elderly mom gets meals on wheels (a godsend) only 3 days a week which helps (a continental breakfast, frozen meal, and a hot meal)...not much and bland but enough...kind of like "prison food" from what I hear. People used to make fun of her since she has tons of canned food in pantry...coming in handy now. And a garage freezer with boatloads of frozen veggies...around 30 bags?! (and some meat, chicken, corned beef, a whole turkey, etc) from around 15 years ago. Not much fresh veggies/fruit left (growing tons of 20 cent wal-mart seed packs..."red cherry" tomatoes (and some from an old big pre covid tomato from store) though in pots/big cups), so I'm definitely eating 15 year old veggies (boil the crap out of all of it)...had frozen OKRA tonight (a lil nasty) in an original Vons bag with an "old school" label price of 25 cents lol! Oh yeah, made a killer corned beef for Easter in freezer from year 2008...tasted great along with the fresh potatoes from neighbor...not so much though for the 15 year old frozen green beans!
So the issue is money for food, not lack of ability to obtain it?

Old 05-09-2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
It's selfish to be keeping your elderly mother locked up inside like a caged animal feeding her 15 year old meat and tasteless frozen food from meals on wheels. There are things worse than death.

Could be a lot worse...she is in good shape for 85 but cannot go to aerobics 3x/week anymore...try to do a "twist and shout" brief workout/stretch routine with her to replace that, but not the same...glad she's not in an old person's home though. Lost my father suddenly/unexpectedly to infection (had a clean bill of health a month before passing) back in 2003. Covid today brings me back to that terrible time...will do all I can to prevent losing my mom (and disabled brother) to this new, very dangerous infection!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies